Huge Emergency; Please Help!

• Thread starter savemybudz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

savemybudz

One of my dual hps/mh bulbs burst, apparently caused an electrical arc (still dont know what exactly happened) and MELTED my 4x8 tray and damaged the table it was on (flood and drain setup). The entire grow room got coated in ash AND due to the nature of the ac system setup, ash got all over my other room that is flowering in 2 weeks. I managed to use a shop vac to blow the ash off of all the buds and there is still a little bit of ash on the about to flower buds where it was most sticky. Just wondering if you guys had any advice with this scenario and what you would recommend. Thank god my entire block didnt burn down, remember to use high temp cutoffs, they saved my life!!!!!

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
I'm glad everything is OK.

I hope you find some help. I would try rinsing them down with a solution of 1:10 99%iso alcohol and water in a spray bottle. Focus on the sticky spots at lights off. Give them plenty of time to dry before light hits them. It won't hurt.
Best of luck.
@Seamaiden

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
I would be concerned about the residue from the contents of the bulb being dispersed into your medium. Bulbs contain hazardous materials that you don't want to ingest.

S

savemybudz

I would be concerned about the residue from the contents of the bulb being dispersed into your medium. Bulbs contain hazardous materials that you don't want to ingest.

We tossed the entire tray because of that risk. MH has terrifying crap in it. Thanks for the tip. Also, we took note of the rubbing solution mix and my partner is nervous to introduce stronger solvents to the mix since plastic ash already has cyanide and a few other things in it :/

S

savemybudz

I guess we are going to go with just a tap water rinse at the end to wash off whatever we can.

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
99% isopropyl alcohol mixed 1:10 with water will do no harm. It evaporates to water. FYI.

And you should rinse now before bud forms around the ash.

Peace

S

savemybudz

Ok I will do this. I have one question though. The white hairs on some of the buds have turned black from the ash. Will that ruin the buds growth?

S

savemybudz

Some things you just can't fix. IMHO this is one of those times. Who knows what got on those buds from the MH bulb.

The MH Bulb residue became quickly apparent and we discarded all plants that were near the bulb. The ash from the melted tray spread throughout the room on all the other plants though and that is our primary concern now.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
We tossed the entire tray because of that risk. MH has terrifying crap in it. Thanks for the tip. Also, we took note of the rubbing solution mix and my partner is nervous to introduce stronger solvents to the mix since plastic ash already has cyanide and a few other things in it :/
The ISO will simply evaporate.

Really sorry to read of this disaster.

d0rk2dafullest

d0rk2dafullest

Buddy had this happen to him. I like the idea of bare bulb. but damn. what was it murphy's law? what can happen will happen?

You're lucky tho!!!!! hope u bounce back quick!!!

Myco

Myco

Fuck! That's a shitty run of events... glad you're okay and didn't burn your self or house/building down though... And at least you're able to recognize the potential problems, as where some people may not even think twice about it. I think the diluted iso rinse is your best bet, good advice there.

I'm surprised we don't hear about this kinda thing more often... thankfully we don't! Good luck man, sending good vibes your way..

S

savemybudz

The ISO will simply evaporate.

Really sorry to read of this disaster.

So I tried to use the spray but it did not remove the soot from the mature buds as it essentially stuck to them. We have to find a way to remove the soot or I have to toss them. If you have any ideas how to do it please let me know. Yeah, Im sorry too, but it could have been much worse and THANK THE GODS it wasnt.

What bulb and ballast did this?sounds like it could have been much worse.

It was a dual MH/HPS bulb. Really recommend against using those unhooded.

S

savemybudz

Buddy had this happen to him. I like the idea of bare bulb. but damn. what was it murphy's law? what can happen will happen?

You're lucky tho!!!!! hope u bounce back quick!!!

It is absolutely murphy's law. We have already bounced back thanks for the encouragement!!!

S

savemybudz

Fuck! That's a shitty run of events... glad you're okay and didn't burn your self or house/building down though... And at least you're able to recognize the potential problems, as where some people may not even think twice about it. I think the diluted iso rinse is your best bet, good advice there.

I'm surprised we don't hear about this kinda thing more often... thankfully we don't! Good luck man, sending good vibes your way..

We like to experiment with different setups (aero/flooddrain/different bulbs) and we found that dual mh/hps bulbs are the devil. 480v pounding through a room thank god nobody was there or they would have certainly died if the electricity would have gone near them. All in all Im happy this happened as we learned a lot about ourselves and we have become even more careful than before. Got a guy living on site now.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
So I tried to use the spray but it did not remove the soot from the mature buds as it essentially stuck to them. We have to find a way to remove the soot or I have to toss them. If you have any ideas how to do it please let me know. Yeah, Im sorry too, but it could have been much worse and THANK THE GODS it wasnt.

It was a dual MH/HPS bulb. Really recommend against using those unhooded.
I really wish I had a trick up my sleeve for this, but I just don't. Cannabis is SO sticky, the buds are SO filled with nooks and crannies that what you're after is a daunting task, if even possible.

Bannacis

Bannacis

If your plastic was burning and as you stated the ash fallout from said plastic landed on your buds....then its toast...the ash from the plastic is poison and it is now adhered to your buds. there is no way to remove it. even the smoke would permeate the plant.
sorry dude, need to take the lose and move on.

socalpunx

socalpunx

I know you don't want to hear this but trash the plants and start over,Im sorry for your loss

Top Bottom