HUGE PROBLEM... Should I pull these girls off?

• Thread starter hydrotran
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

hydrotran

HELP!!! OK here are some pictures... These are pictures of my runts and they are all yellow what might be the cause of this?

http://i1143.invalid.com/albums/n629/hydrotran/runts.jpg

this is a picture of the girls i bought from PO notice how droopy they are can help me out with this one?
http://i1143.invalid.com/albums/n629/hydrotran/droopy.jpg

this picture is upclose of it:

http://i1143.invalid.com/albums/n629/hydrotran/closeupdroop.jpg

This picture is runts in the front and the good ones in the back. Notice the back ones are double in size but front ones are short about 12" tall at most and super bushy they arent growing vertically but are on week 4 of veg just like the girls behind it which is ready to flip

http://i1143.invalid.com/albums/n629/hydrotran/runts.jpg

The temp in the room during day is 76 night time its 69. I use 6" grodan, PH 5.8, PPM 1000, 4 weeks into veg for my own cuttings, CO2 at 800 right now, top feed tap water with no cal mag. This is my second run Ive already had a successful first run but this second run my own cuttings half of them are runts and the new cuttings i got from PO have been droopy but growing. Any help? Thanks! I really need to bring my girls back... So far what I've done with the PO cuttings is H2O flush 2 days then did fresh water with revive nutes (advanced) and h2o flush 2 more days then went back on regular feeding schedule but they are still droopy but growing. The runts of my own cuttings are super duper bushy and isnt taller than 12", then my other half of good girls are nice and tall and ready to flip but I cant flip it yet since the others arent ready. ANY HELP PLEASE!!! Thanks.

hiboy

hiboy

Your ppms at 1000 mite be a little hot, plus what conversion are you using .5 or .7 with ur meter. You must be flooding your tables, are you letting them dry out, some look over watered where the droop is, Are there roots sticking out of the bottom of the cube? I use to use your method of flooding but when to a top feed and i double stack the cubes and tossed the coco mat
hiboy

F

Farmer Jon

Premium Member
Supporter
Does your water sit for 24 hours with nutes in it or do you add nutes and adjust ph then feed...
I ask due to the fact that if you are indeed adding nutes and not allowing the ph to settle over night before adjusting ph to feed (5.6 is best for rockwool) then there may be a fluctuation in the medium itself.
Test the ph of the medium, it may be alkaline. If it is indeed alkaline bring the ph down very slowly.
The yellow leaves say something is locked out, @ 1000ppm there is no shortage of N.

With top drip feeding it is a must to get the watering schedule right...to little solution and you have problems to much and you drown your ladies.

I have not been awake long so I hope I made sense. :)
FJ

H

hydrotran

Thank you everyone on THCfarmer. Man this site is great. I posted on couple other sites but everyone didnt know anything...

Is it possible to over water in hydro?

My water is in my res but my res has a mixer pump with air stones so it doesnt sit there still but it is in the res. I always adjust the PH and make sure PPM are correct then feed. The 1000ppm is for the girls who are in week 4 of veg, for the droopy ones I have the ppm at 850.

Thank you guys sooo much for the help!

How many times r u feeding them?

I am feeding them once a day. Is it possible to overfeed in hydro?

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

plants uptake water through osmosis, a process that requires free O2. when over watered they wilt from lack of water.

only re-water when the cubes are DRY. im guessing thats about every 4 days with those big moma cubes and the size of the plants in them.

H

hydrotran

Thanks man!!!! I appreciate your help will keep you updated. Might be getting RO water soon.

sincethe80s

sincethe80s

once a day is too much. when i veg i water every 4 days. you can still bring them back!!! i brought back all yellow ones that look worse than that a few times..

hiboy

hiboy

Once a day in veg is no problem as long as the plants are healthy and advancing. If they seem in idle then measures would have to be taken, possibly less watering or more. I water twice a day for 3 minutes each time, in rw cubes, double stacked 6x6 s
hiboy

EL APACHE

EL APACHE

I did my first run in a flood table with the rw 6x6 cubes. I had similar problems, not knowing when to water and my plants got some kind of lockout at first. This is what i did: i filled my rez with fresh water and i ph'ed it to 5.8, and let it sit over night to balance out. The next day I made sure it was at 5.8 and i used the pump to flood with a long hose and flushed out my cubes from the top to bottom. I did this for like 5 min a plant, then i let it run back to the rez. then i checked the ph and it was up so i adjusted down back to 5.8, and i did this all over again. i repeted this process like 4 times that night till the water in the cubes and in the rez was all at 5.8. then i let it sit for 12 hrs with out feeding. I then made 1/2 streinght nutes in my rez and ph'ed it back to 5.8 and i feed the same way i flushed to make sure i had flushed out all the water and filled the cubes with nutes. then adjust the nutes and feeding acordingly. and be carefull not to over feed remember that the 6 inch cubes can hold almost up to a gallon. I would feed every other day or so depending on ur situation. I try to top feed atleast once a week because i feel that the rw cubes where maid for a drip feeding system not a flood and drain. I think that a top feed with fresh ph'ed nutes will flush out old nutes and keep ur cubes phed at the proper level (5.8), good luck i hope this helps. im sorry if i ramble when i type, but im not a computer kinda guy...... and im higher than a geraffs ass at the moment. lol

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

text book over water...

or listen to these guys...

rockwol holds 100 times its weight in water. anyone advising daily water has no idea of your plants current up-take (and maybe their own plants uptake).

EL APACHE

EL APACHE

text book over water...

rockwol holds 100 times its weight in water. anyone advising daily water has no idea of your plants current up-take (and maybe their own plants uptake).

I personaly didn't like the 6x6 rw cubes. It was just to hard to know when my plants needed feeding, specially during the first 2-3 weeks of veg. After I did my first flush with proper pd'ed water and nutes I feed every 3 days and they just took off. I got so much growth on the 4 week of veg that they over grew on me. I seen a video on YouTube from the company grodan, wich makes the rw and they said that the 6 inch rw was designed to be a drip system but would work on ebb&flow. They said that with a top drip system u always get a flush along with feeding in your rw cubes. Now that I'm on week 5 of flower I have noticed that my plants are nutrient whores and they want to feed a few times a day. I feed (flood) for 5 min every 2.5 hrs during lights on. Next time I'm using the 3x3 cubes in 5in net pots with hydroton to fill the net pots and my flood table. Those 6x6 are just not user friendly, for ebb&flow. Or if I ever use the 6 inch I will be doing a drip feeding, to avoid any pains in my but.
Just remember to do a top feeding once a week with proper ph and u should be ok.
It is better to have a thirsty plant that can be quenched, than it is to have an over watered plant that will most likely drown.
Good luck bro.
Listen to hiboy he helped me out with lots of problems I had.
Here the video I'm talking about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oxgS1EtQ1E&feature=youtube_gdata_player

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

it was designed for drip so they could be watered for SECONDS (2-5) at a time in agricultural applications.

the whole goal of the drip is to not water to field capacity. it has nothing to do with the water coming from the top or from the bottom.

S

Snow Crash

text book over water...

I... ...my... ...I... ...I... ...I... ...I... ...I... ...I... ...my... ...I... ...I... ...I... ...I... ...my... ...I... ...I...

Just saying...

H

hydrotran

Thanks man I appreciate the help. I am trying to see if I can bring these ladies back... I notice there is a mite problem right now. I went to the store going to be hitting them with a dunk tonight rotation is going to be Floramite, Avid, and mixed in there with dr doom bombs. I might turn this into a grow journal. I am new to the farm so I wanted to make sure I can do a journal on hydroponic part of the forum ? Or would i get in trouble. Thanks for the help everyone!

420hieagle420

yeah at most i would only water then for 5min a day. and them mites arent helping you out none either. Keep It Green and Stay Safe..HE

H

hydrotran

Yea just tired of these damm black dotted spider mites. Ive been using the Pyrethium TR bombs but they keep coming back just finished with the floramite dunk, going to bomb tommorow and then avid dunk on the 3rd day followed up with another bomb :)

Top Bottom