Human Feces as Cannabis Nutrients!

• Thread starter motta-tokka
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Would you consider using human feces for nutrients?

• Yes!

Votes: 7 13.0%
  • No!

Votes: 37 68.5%
  • I use this currently to feed my ladies.

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • I run chemical ferts.

Votes: 5 9.3%

• Total voters
motta-tokka

motta-tokka

My buddy bought over his Sour D grown with his own "home made" fertilizer. Holy snaps that shit "the pot" was DANK! Nicknamed it "poopadook".

I have been thinking of doing this to my indoor plants after a hot and achy tummy.

Anyone else growing el natural, OMRI certified from the body?

(I posted this over at ICMAG with the thread getting shut down a week or so later. for whatever reason)..

S

spiderman

I wouldn't use it directly nor would I use it on plants that I would be consuming, but I have used my own feces in my compost pile. It works GREAT! Course I only use this compost for non-edible plants.

vaporedout

vaporedout

new meaning to "this is tha shit"

come on, really. i guess if you want to handle it thats your deal.
hows your friends diet?? i guess that could come into play. yall gonna top it off with some pee for watering? lol

Mr.GoodCat

Mr.GoodCat

I have heard of this. An old time grower that I have admired years for his outdoor growing skills told me the best, biggest and dankest plants he has ever grown was planted right in his leach field in his backyard.

Although this may work great I don't know if I personally could smoke my plants knowing that they were grown in human excrement

G

Green Supreme

Just another reason to smoke home grown. No chance of me puffing weed made with people poo. Peace GS

420king-MASSES

just another reason to smoke home grown. No chance of me puffing weed made with people poo. Peace gs

lmao i know right that is the best reason to grow ur own //you dont know what kinda shit there putting in it lol:)

dextr0

dextr0

Raw manures can be potential dangerous if you dont now what your doing. If you are going to experiment read up.

"Humanure" is a neologism designating human excrement (feces and urine) that is recycled via composting for agricultural or other purposes. The term was popularized by a 1994 book by Joseph Jenkins [1] that advocates the use of this organic soil amendment.[2]

Humanure is not traditional sewage that has been processed by waste-treatment facilities, which may include waste from industrial and other sources; rather, it is the combination of feces and urine with paper and additional carbon material (such as sawdust). A humanure system, such as a composting toilet does not require water or electricity, and when properly managed does not smell.

By disposing of feces and urine through composting, the nutrients contained in them are returned to the soil. This aids in preventing soil degradation. Human fecal matter and urine have high percentages of nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium, carbon, and calcium. It is equal to many fertilizers and manures purchased in garden stores. Humanure aids in the conservation of fresh water by avoiding the usage of potable water required by the typical flush toilet. It further prevents the pollution of ground water by controlling the fecal matter decomposition before entering the system. When properly managed, there should be no ground contamination from leachate.

As a substitute for a flush water process, it reduces the energy consumption and hence greenhouse gas emissions associated with the transportation and processing of water and waste water.

Humanure may be deemed safe for humans to use on crops if handled in accordance with local health regulations, and composted properly. This means that thermophilic decomposition of the humanure must heat it sufficiently to destroy harmful pathogens, or enough time must have elapsed since fresh material was added that biological activity has killed any pathogens. To be safe for crops, a curing stage is often needed to allow a second mesophilic phase to reduce potential phytotoxins.

Humanure is different from night soil, which is raw human waste spread on crops. While aiding the return of nutrients in fecal matter to the soil, it can carry and spread a vast number of human pathogens. Humanure kills these pathogens both by the extreme heat of the composting and the extended amount of time (1 to 2 years) that it is allowed to decompose.

http://weblife.org/humanure/index.html
The Humanure Handbook
by Joseph Jenkins
A Guide to Composting Human Manure

Second Edition

S

SSHZ

I've always read it's a no-no.......... if you're into shit, buy cheap, dried manure. Much easier to work with too.

waayne

waayne

I've known folks who used poop for plant food>>>their plants were fairly healthy but you really don't want to use human waste for plant food for all the obvious reasons.....

420Gator

420Gator

reminds me of when i read this lady who grows aero using her period juice in the rez for added estro

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

MMMM tasty Porta Potty nuggets. For some reason I now have the 2 girls 1 cup video in my head now.

Anyone seen the 2 girls 1 cup video? If not I DARE you to check it out.

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

Out of 12 people that voted 2 of you sick bastards are using your own crap for your plants.
How do you guy's process it? Crap in a bucket and pour some water over it? I bet those grow rooms smell like shit!!! Literally.

S

swisscheese

Shit is shit. Human shit is no worse than bat or cow or sheep or pig or chicken shit. A lot of people enjoy their organic poop buds on a daily basis.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Shit is not shit, swisscheese. You *are* what you eat and so is your excrement. For instance, while I won't dare you to watch two girls one cup, I will dare you to eat a whole plateful of squid ink pasta and learn what it does to your innards (I've got photographic proof!). Or, a can of beets would offer a fun result as well. Just be sure to remember that you ate a can of beets or you might shit yourself thinking you're bleeding from your asshole.

An 'easier' experiment would be to compare decomposition rates of the shit of a hay-fed horse versus any dog. Dog shit lasts for years, whereas horse shit turns to fines pretty quickly.

Dextr0, my post was made before reading yours about Humanure, it's something I've heard of and read a wee little bit about, and would agree with the entire concept, especially because it would have allowed us to do more with our land besides build a gigantic leach field to process our own crap (engineered septic).

Otherwise, this thread is *so* RIU.
new meaning to "this is tha shit"

come on, really. i guess if you want to handle it thats your deal.
hows your friends diet?? i guess that could come into play. yall gonna top it off with some pee for watering? lol
Urine is sterile when it exits the body, and has been proven as a great fertilizer (especially in conjunction with wood ash, is SUPERIOR to chem salt ferts in beet and tomato cultivation). Feces, on the other hand, are definitely not.

I would expect human shit to be as decomposable and 'good' for the compost as cat or dog shit, which is to say it's not good at all. Unless you're vegatarian and eating absolutely nothing with preservatives, I have a feeling you're better off limiting the application of shit to specific types of appropriate shit, like rabbit shit, horse shit, bat shit, and so on. In terms of shit, I mean.
reminds me of when i read this lady who grows aero using her period juice in the rez for added estro
Ok... I'm a woman and that's disgusting. I'm trying to imagine how she might have... well, how would she get it in there? Squat over the rez and wait? Ugh, that's worse than what I have to do with my cotton ponies since we're on this engineered septic.

:makeup

B

Beasters X Haze

What if they were eating a bunch of Mcdonalds and shit like that. Can't be good

S

swisscheese

:rollj:Not worth pursuing this convo any further I'm too busy with the relevance of eating a whole can of beets and a plate of squid ink pasta. I'll pm you the end result maiden thanks for the tips.

420king-MASSES

maiden my homegirl i think the girl in that period experiment used a super absorbant tampon let it soak up the period blood and then squeezed it in the rez or teabagged it in the rez

Top Bottom