Humble Grower

• Thread starter HL Gunn
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
HL Gunn

HL Gunn

Hi all, this is my first go at a grow forum but I have been a cultivator for awhile. I hope to learn much and maybe even share some knowledge from my experiences. I have become farily profecient at grow room design, construction and trouble shooting over the years.

Lately I have been tuning in proper adjustment of soil ecology for each period of plant growth. I see the plant having two distinct phases of veg and three phases of flower. As I am sure many of you already know each part of the life cycle is best supported by different ratios of microorganisms as well as varying PH and N-P-K. I am fortunate to live in a place with many local options for most my needs (Including legal Medical Cannabis.)

Along with being better for the environment using locally aquired compost, fertilizer and growing medium (when available) gives the finished flowers a distinct regional flavor and cannabinoid profile, much like the way regional climate and soil affect grapes.

I am also interested in discussing how fertilizers; synthetic and organic, affect not just THC production, but the affect on production and possible inhibition of production of CBD, CBN and other psychoactive compounds. I feel different symptoms and personality types require different ratios of medical properties. If cannabaniod ratios could be adjusted or accentuated by more than just genetics :) ... Like some of the crazy Harlequin numbers! Or the THCV #s of some of the African strains!

profile.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Hellow HL Gunn, welcome to the farm. We're very pleased to have you! I had begun a conversation on another site about the idea of terroir in cannabis, and I would love to continue having that discussion here. :) Also, love organic methods and results, it's been a LONG time since anything blue has been used here.

HL Gunn

HL Gunn

Thanks y'all! Makes me feel welcome.

I would be interested in discussing "terroir in cannabis" I checked out your post on the other site. Island sativas are awesome but are very difficult to cultivate in synthetic or non-native environment. Forget about replicating the effect and flavor.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Welcome. I like your style. Look forward to seeing your work.

outwest

HL Gunn

HL Gunn

As soon as I get a decent camera I will start a journal of a few new hybrids I'm working on. maybe get a few more critical eyes on breeding selections:)

Top Bottom