Humble Med Closet

• Thread starter Azhden
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Azhden

Azhden

Welcome to my little medical closet; currently 4.5 weeks into flowering 4 different strains:

2x Sour Diesel, 1x Big Bud, 1x Skunk#1, and 1x Celtix Berry (CBx). I am also germing a gifted Flo Scout Cookies to see what I got my self into next grow :p hopefully it will be in the next pic coming this Thursday.

Being a small medical grower, I only use a 100 x 3w LED (~165w avg last grow... had some heat problems :) ) to keep my girls happy, I'm slowly saving up for a second one to flower this many girls... 1 works... but light penetration needs to be improved (for under $200 I paid for the light, I'm not complaining at all :woot: ).

I usually take a few pics, but only post 1 up every week... this one is from last Wednesday: In the pic, front left is SK#1, just to the right of her is Big Bud, just behind it is CBx (~4 feet tall!), then the two bushes on the far right are both Sour D.

Also added a pic of my LED, and no, those two in the middle are not burned out... one is IR the other is UV, if the company from China did what I asked them too :rolleyes: ; don't remember all the 'nm's

Humble med closet
Led lighting
urbanfog

urbanfog

looks good, maybe even some reptisun 10.0 UV lights supplementing would help ya without breaking the bank

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

I've seen good use of LED in Veg, but never seen it match up with HPS in flower. Personally I'd save for a little 400/600w HPS... Plenty of ways to expel the heat(they don't put out much anyway, 1000w = 3.5K btu ). Craigslist can be a good place to find a deal on equipment, and a non-working ballast costs $10-20 to get working again (usually just the capacitor burned out(will bulge on top, size of a dime), ignitor a little more, never ever seen the mag coils damaged).

Overkill is under-rated!

Azhden

Azhden

Thanks for stopping by altitude and urban!

Just checked on what the Flo Scout was doing (~12 hours into germing Paper Towel Method) and the shell is starting to crack already with a white nubbin pushing its way out! I think it knows I can't wait to get it into soil :nailbiting: another 12 hours or so and it should be ready for planting by the looks of things :happy:

Hotsause

Hotsause

:) Azhden BIG UPS for popping those so fast I really appreciate you testing out my gear bro. My next round will be alot more varieties of mine so i can start working with my strains and perfecting them

Azhden

Azhden

It worked like a charm in my last grow, flowered 2 of my NLx IBL with no problems at all! 3+ inch diameter buds over 9 inches long. For the $29.xx I paid in my electric bill over the 4 months of that grow... abusing the crap out of the girls (was my first grow in over 3 years) I still ended up pulling over 90 grams jarred/cured or ~0.54 gpw. Not to bad for my first run in years.

HPS/MH is a thing of the past in my Low watt grow area. I don't have the cash to pay for keeping my small closet cool. I used to battle with a 150w HPS in the same area. It gets HOT in my part of CO. so with the price of the LED, the price of electricity I use, and NOT having to keep extra air flow/AC in the room is saving me TONS! I will take ~3 oz of meds for ~$30 electric bill any day!

NLx IBL about 2 weeks from harvest... Best pic I have of their size, almost as big around as my Holmes fan.
TT10

NLx IBL Rare pheno, top cola being jarred. ~40 grams before the cure! (in this pic I needed a brake from trimming, she was heavy!)
TTC15

Azhden

Azhden

Well the first Flo Scout Cookie germed with no problems... and as you can see from the pic I couldn't help myself and put another FSC in my paper towel :happy: (still have another day for that one to pop :D). It was planted in my "starter mix", 1/4 of each: Perlite, Vermiculite, Sphagnum Peat, and store bought "Potting Soil" (Sta-Green brand this time, it was on sale :p). Then I put a layer (maybe 1/4 - 1/2 inch) of just Vermiculite for the seed to finish its initial growth in. Once above ground I add a little Jobe's Organics Fast Start 4-4-2 to keep them happy until transplant.

This will be the last pic update for the FSC for a week or so until it pops above ground, just thought I would get this up for sause and everyone at THCF to see.

FSC 01
Azhden

Azhden

Hope it's not too hard to see (and I know, the poor guy has seen better days), but my Pink Balled NL#5 has shown back up in my grow room :happy: . I have been trying different germination methods with my NLx IBL and have been giving away any and all seedlings that made it... except one and I know now why I kept a hold of it!

NLx PM 01

When I started my NLx IBL project years ago, a buddy had a great Black Widow clone that was being passed around our area, and I had this great Northern Lights #5 male that turned Pink all over his frosty balls. Well after taking it to all the way to F5 (breeding more for the NL than BW) this is the first time I have seen the pink balls show back up... EVER!

So I got him a proper feeding (6.5 pH water, 1 tsp Dr Earth Bloom Booster nutes, and some Azomite too), moved things around my grow space, to give him proper lighting... and am now waiting for him to drop his load. All the girls lower buds in my room will be hit with this NLx males pollen, I can't wait! Sour D-Light has been a strain on my "To make list" for ~6 years!

Pics from the girls to come on Thursday (5 weeks flowering on most of them ~3 weeks on CBx and Big Bud)

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

It worked like a charm in my last grow, flowered 2 of my NLx IBL with no problems at all! 3+ inch diameter buds over 9 inches long. For the $29.xx I paid in my electric bill over the 4 months of that grow... abusing the crap out of the girls (was my first grow in over 3 years) I still ended up pulling over 90 grams jarred/cured or ~0.54 gpw. Not to bad for my first run in years.

HPS/MH is a thing of the past in my Low watt grow area. I don't have the cash to pay for keeping my small closet cool. I used to battle with a 150w HPS in the same area. It gets HOT in my part of CO. so with the price of the LED, the price of electricity I use, and NOT having to keep extra air flow/AC in the room is saving me TONS! I will take ~3 oz of meds for ~$30 electric bill any day!

Sorry, saw 'new farmer'...didn't know you were an LED vet.

Electric bills do suck.

I'm hoping Plasma lighting pulls through in the next decade.

Azhden

Azhden

Sorry, saw 'new farmer'...didn't know you were an LED vet.

Electric bills do suck.

I'm hoping Plasma lighting pulls through in the next decade.

That's the problem with going to new places, everyone sees either the low post count, or the joining date. And I'm really no help with my thoughts being jumbled, and then the slabs of meat I call fingers hit the keyboard :D .

With only 6 or 7 months of LED use, I'm no where near being a vet just yet... give me time to fill a room with LEDs and then I will consider myself a "Novice" :woot: .

Thanks for stopping by again Dopegeist :cool: it feels weird talking to myself when the walls aren't padded ;)

More pics of the ladies will be up tomorrow, I will try and get some closeups of the frost... but my camera sucks and my hands are rarely steady, so don't hold me to it :p .

Azhden

Azhden

Hello, Flo Scout Cookies! Only took ~3 days to say Hi :happy:

FSC 03

Sour Diesel twins, best close up I was able to take.

SDC 02

The group shot: far left is Skunk #1, then Big Bud, behind her is CBx, then the two on the right Sour Diesel

TG 16

That's all for now. :woot:

Azhden

Azhden

2 days later on the FSC.

FSC 04

LED is ~1.5 feet away from the top of the cup. Added 1 tsp of Jobe's Fast Start 4-4-2 and some 6.5 pH water.

:D

summitoker

summitoker

nice buds, its cool to see something different(led)! Sounds pretty cheap to run. I always used the heat from hps to warm my house, offsets the cost for a large part of the year.

Azhden

Azhden

A few new pics; The Group shot, both Sour Diesels closeup, and SD#2 best closeup I could get, and the 2 Flo Scouts

TG 017
SDC 04
SDC 03
FSC 09
Azhden

Azhden

And now "I'm at the limit" :) . Some new additions to the garden :D a C99 and a Mazar-I, I still have room for 1 left in flower and 2 for veg, but the 1 LED unit is maxed out like my little space. It was hard enough dragging the Flo Scouts out and finding a way to keep them in veg... Now added to the mix is a ~1 foot tall C99 and a ~19 inch tall monster bush Mazar-I... Having one small grow space sucks sometimes :happy: .

Can you find the C99? She is hidden deep in the Mazar bush :nailbiting: can't wait to see these things grow... might get to practice some cloning again soon.

TG 018

FSCs transplanted; #1 on the right, #2 on the left. C99 was saying hello up top, was just before her transplant and watering too.

FSC 010

Still trying to talk my wife into an extra ~190$ expense for another light. I might just build one this time around so it could be higher or lower $ amount :woot:

Latest posts

Top Bottom