humbly searching for help

• Thread starter noharmnofoul
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

noharmnofoul

new to the forums n also to the cultivation of this beautiful plant 1st time dealing with clones i did 2 prior dry runs of what i call bear minimum growing from seed just to check on growth stages sexing nthe plants reaction to particulars i'm in the possesion of 3 white rhino & 4 alien dog clones looking to make sure they get off to a healthy start i've got them in pete pellets in propagation hood ive been treating them with tap water just for their initial watering and to lightly mist plants n the hood i have covering them seem to be doing fine 4 days in just wanna check if there's anything i can do better or should be monitoring

all suggestions welcome and apreciated:bongsmi:

KAL EL

KAL EL

If they are in a sealed dome, you shouldn't need to mist them.
Just leave them alone until you see roots. Once roots begin appearing on most of them, crack open the dome a bit so they get some fresh air for 24 hours. After 24 hours, the dome can be removed and the clones should be fine and ready for transplant.

S

smokestack23

I think you are doing a VERY spectacular job. Too many people post threads like.."I'm going to start growing weed and I want to do it with hydroponics. What do I need to buy?".

You seem to be doing your homework. The best thing you can do is to read and learn. Starting with "baby steps" as you did, so you could learn to recognize basic ..uhhh...nomenclature?...is incredibly wise.

There is a definite science to this but there's also a lot of "feel" required. we are dealing with living organisms..not machines or engines.

When you say words like " ..treating them with tap water just for their initial watering and to lightly mist plants..." it gives me the impression that you are staying on the light or conservative side of things. That is a GOOD thing. Usually too much of anything doesnt make our plants happy.
Too many people overdo it..they shower their plants with TOO much love it seems.

So ANYWAY...I don't think you mentioned if they are rooted clones? If not...tap water is good (if the pH isnt too crazy) but you shouldn't have to "water" them in a dome. They should be moist. They can't really "lose" any moisture when covered so the initial watering should be enough to get them rooted.
If they have (or once they get) roots you can start feeding them some nutrients. A WEAK solution. I'm sure you'll know all this or already do from reading...but..
Once they're rooted I usually crack the lid a bit. I'll open it up more the next day and then remove it completely the next day or whatever. Some people say to open it for a short time one day..then for a longer time the next day and so on..whichever.

Again..you seem to be on the right track so you should be just fine. Just remember that less is more when it comes to nutrients at least. Definitely not when it comes to learning and reading and spending time with your plants.

R

Ricky808

like everyone else said if they are not rooted and under a down, DO NOT SPRAY. I stress this because while learning to clone i kept my clones under a dome and kept spraying them down. about 2 weeks later there was mold growing in the soil and the clones died. Just make sure your soil is moist but if they're under a dome they should be fine.
Good luck, Happy growing.

Top Bottom