Humboldt County Purple Maxx

• Thread starter cowboyup
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

cowboyup

So I just picked a bottle up from a local shop and from what I was told it's great for purple strains. It's said to bring out the pigments of the plant and help with color. Anybody have experience with this product? It was on sale for 35... just wondering...

waayne

waayne

@cowboyup
Purple coloration is genetic,though cold temps late in flower may increase this response.

I'd take that product back to the store and get my money back.....

You don't need some pgr crap in a bottle to get great purple hues at harvest
IMG 1572

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Welcome to the farm. I have tiny little jingling bells that I've attached to this.

Purple coloration is genetic,though cold temps late in flower may increase this response.

And a few big ones, too!

T

toquer

Before we go bashing products we've never used and talk about things we know nothing about lets explore this topic briefly.

Why does a plant turn purple in response to cold weather?
Why are there plants with purple in their genetics?
What is the angle of the lights entrance through the atmosphere when it's really cold outside and the days are super short and there isn't much light to be had?
What color absorbs more usable energy green or purple?

Okay so know we are thinking the right way.

By the way @waayne fucking those plants look tits!!

What is in the bottle of purple maxx?

When it's ice fucking cold outside and there are 4 usable hours of light the plant produces a protein to enhance the ability to capture the photons needed for photosynthesis thus turning darker shades and when genetically predisposed to having lived in cold climates will turn purple.

That protein is what is in the bottle.

Will it make your plant turn purple? With enough of it and in the right environment, yes. Can I tell you what that environment is? Nope! Plants don't like that environment as it's pure survival mode.

I've used it on several strains and had the most luck with herijuana.

But it is not a synthesized pgr it's a naturally occurring amino acid chain.

C

cowboyup

Yeah his plants look awesome. I also notice his leaves have color but the bud looks green. I'm trying to get my bug more purple not the plant itself. I know colder Temps will bring it out. But I'll swing for the fences and give a new option a try.

D

DANKSY

Premium Member
Supporter
if you want purple buds you need a strain with purple genetics. manipulating the environment to turn the plant purple generally only makes the leaves turn purple and the bud stays green

waayne

waayne

@toquer I see you jumped to the conclusion I've never used this product.....Sorry to burst your bubble but I'm not bashing a product I've never used.
I ran controlled tests with Purple Max on 8 different strains.....
All I ended up with was nasty flavored buds.It did nothing to increase the purple coloration.....

This stuff was a total waste of time and money in my garden........

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
Purple Maxx is garbage.
While I can say that for me, it did induce a nice purple tint to some of my buds, it also stressed my plants.
I do not advise using this product unless you cut feedings by 50%, and do not use it at all if your running organic soil mixes unless you plan on flushing before harvest.
IMG 20150430 102136

T

toquer

@waayne my bad... But it's still not pgr crap in a bottle.
Also I never said it worked. Haha!
@ShroomKing that's exactly what it does, it stresses the plant to thinking it is in a very cold environment with very little light.
You need to match the environment that creates that protein as much as possible. And for cannabis that is not all that easy with the way we grow it.

shaggyballs

shaggyballs

That protein, more speculation???
Why is it we find half truth everywhere.

People saying I know the secret but I ain't tellin'....WTF.
Seems to be a trend though.
I thought we all come here to share knowledge, not create more mystery.
We got people claiming years of formulator knowledge telling us they know all the secrets to big name products but never reveal any real knowledge???
I just don't get it??

T

toquer

That protein, more speculation???
Why is it we find half truth everywhere.

People saying I know the secret but I ain't tellin'....WTF.
Seems to be a trend though.
I thought we all come here to share knowledge, not create more mystery.
We got people claiming years of formulator knowledge telling us they know all the secrets to big name products but never reveal any real knowledge???
I just don't get it??
You can call the guys at Humboldt county's own and they'll tell you the same thing. I'm only sharing what I've learned through my own questions. Never asked them for the name of that protein, just how their product works. Most nutrient manufactures will share some information if you ask questions

shaggyballs

shaggyballs

Hey toquer

Sorry if I came across as harsh, my statement was not directed at you.
I am very glad you did not take it personal as it was not meant to be at all.
I do appreciate the advice also.

It has been my experience with labeling jargon most companies will purposely mislead you.
And for a sharing community very little is really shared in a simplified format.
I have read almost every thread on several forums and learned very little about nutrient companies and their ingredients.
If the stuff was all just snake oil, there would be no return customers.
I guess what I am saying is if you can grow top grade with miracle gro every hydro store would be out of business ya know.

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my rant!
Shag

T

toquer

@shaggyballs cool man I didn't know who you were referring to but I don't take things personally. I've got lots of bottles of snake oil. Some work others work only because you want them to. My simple rule is this, anybody can grow smoke but growing top quality smoke that everybody wants to try takes talent.
Currently running v+b, one part powder. Gets rid of 13 bottles and takes seconds to mix up. If I need it stronger add more if I need it weaker add water. Seems stupid easy.

dankbuddington

dankbuddington

@cowboyup

View attachment 525990
Yo good grow bro,that is some straight gas

BillFarthing

BillFarthing

Supporter
@dankbuddington You bumped a 5 year old thread on a bullshit hydro store product. Welcome to the forum.

Top Bottom