humboldt express grow

• Thread starter doctor
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

doctor

i thought i would post pictures from a humboldt express harvest i just had since i meant to last time i cut some down but for some reason never got around to actually doing it.

i picked this strain up as a cut from one of my friends in town. he had ordered a couple packs of seeds awhile back and said i should give it a go.

my setup:

400 watt digital hps vertical cool tube
using canna coco a+b, rhizo, pk 13 14, and some canna boost
one gallon aurora roots pots
gravity feed dripper system using tropof blumat drippers

this is probably my fourth or fifth run with this strain but all previous grows were using the canna terra line. this is my first go, with any strain, using both the coco and the drippers.

these were chopped down at right around 50 days, i wanted to go a bit longer but all the plants started to herm. i've never seen this before with this strain while using soil. not sure what caused it. but even in the soil i never went much past fifty or fifty five days flowering.

these four plants only took up a little over half my room so i am quite sure next time i can run 8 or 10 this size using the same light.

i hope to get around 2 oz per plant, but we will see. i don't know what to expect from the coco. the buds all seem very dense so i don't think 2 oz is a gross over estimate.

overall i am quite happy with the aurora pot, coco, blumat tropof setup. the drippers make it very easy and much less labor intensive than hand watering. i can actually leave my grow for a few days at a time now, which is fucking sick.

these plants were all grown on the edge of the rocky mountains at about 5400 ft sea above level.

all this pics are taken right at harvest. the last image is of the crazy root growth i was getting where the dripper was positioned. i just brushed off around a half inch of coco to expose the roots.

sorry for the kinda shitty pictures. i took them using my phone and it doesn't do the best unless the lighting is perfect.

Humboldt express grow
Humboldt express grow 2
Humboldt express grow 3
Humboldt express grow 4
Billygoat

Billygoat

Morning Doctor,

Thanks for sharing your info with everyone. You sure did do a great job with the info. Thanks for the details on your grow. Looks like the cut you got from your friend is leaning towards the OE side of the cross. Notice the spacing between bud sites and being lanky! That's the OE and Trainwreck genes in the mixture.

What's the odor from her when flowering out and the cured odor? I would think you should pull about 2-3 oz's for sure. Sorry, to hear you had some male sacks pop up, but THANK YOU for letting me know. For someone to grow in different mediums and see it in one medium then not in another. That's a big help and I will be looking at this.

This is a strain that I'm going to rework more. I think this strain has some great genes for medical use. The plants leaning on the Humboldt #4 side. Are just awesome and outstanding, so I'm going to work the seeds more closer to that side of the cross. The yield is crazy also. Plus, the flower time is super short also. Looks like your seeing that with your girl.

Glad to hear things went well overall. These do have good strong roots and love the coco for sure. I had some cuts just explode and I couldn't slow them down. Good and strong F1 cross. OH! Thanks for the altitude info. I don't ever get that and it does help with tracking this strain and others.

Thanks again for all the info. I'm going to add it to my notes and pictures. If you have any questions. Just post them here or pm me and I will get back to you. I'm busy with allot of stuff and dealing with medical stuff, but I always get back to everyone. Sometimes it might take a few days, but I always reply to all pm's

Take care and thanks again for the info.
BG

homebrew420

homebrew420

Every once in a while they will through a stamenate flower but rare for me. What I really love is that every pict I see of this strain look the same. I could pick this bitch out of a lineup any day! Love it! Nice job Doctor.

Wonder if we know some of the same folks. Haha

Peace

D

doctor

sorry i haven't updated/responded.

anyway, i can't remember the total yield but it was somewhere around 1.5 to 2 oz per plant. the smell really came through this time, a very sweet and pungent smell.

@homebrew- i figured out that this is your he#1. pretty crazy.

here is a pic of HE dried and cured. (second picture)

the first picture is of a nug off a trainwreck plant i harvested awhile back. i am all but positive this is also one of your strains billy goat. i also got it as a cut from my friend. just thought i would include it, i was quite pleased as it turned out very crusty.

Trainwreck crop
Humboldt cure crop
Billygoat

Billygoat

Hey Doc,

thanks for the info. Glad to hear things turned out well for you. I can't wait to grow out my personal stash I have. I'm really looking forward to these and will make another selection off the next round. Thanks again for the info. I hope your happy with their out come.
Take care,
BG

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Im runnin these right now, just started sexin them, got three females so far and all look within 5% of each other as far as structure, uniform as hell..

Ill post up pics in a bit...

Tex

Billygoat

Billygoat

Im runnin these right now, just started sexin them, got three females so far and all look within 5% of each other as far as structure, uniform as hell..

Ill post up pics in a bit...

Tex

Morning TK,

nice to see you around. Hope all is well for you. Hope the dogs are doing well. Glad to hear your running these seeds. The Humboldt Express is some special smoke. I'm not just saying that. I'm most likely going to work it some more. Most likely BX to the mother one time. The Humboldt #4 is a awesome plant. Smells like candy gum. Yields very nicely and is fast.

Glad to hear they are pretty uniformed. That's good news. The do have nice structure and do very well outdoors. They can get very big. The bushiness comes from the mother. That girls get big and round outdoors.

Any ways, glad to see your around. Happy to hear your growing those seeds. Let me know if you need anything. Can't wait to see some pictures. Take care and thanks for the support.
Later,
BG

Top Bottom