Humboldt Hydro Honey has a High EC, Whaaat??

• Thread starter HighTolerance
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

HighTolerance

Hey guys, thought I'd run this by you.

I was suggested HN Hydro Honey, tonight I mixed my first batch of nutes with it. Before I added it the EC was 1.3, after adding 7mL/gal of hydro honey the EC went up to 2.1.

WTF, I thought this was a carb product, and wouldn't contribute to my overall EC. However it turns out that it has 10% calcium.

Now I have 10 gallons of nutes mixed with EC of 2.1, so I was thinking about diluting it but then the ratio of other elements will be off.

Any input on Humboldt Hydro Honey would be greatly appreciated. Since I am using RO, I already have Cal-Mag as part of my nute regimen, so I am thinking all that extra calcium from hydro honey might cause calcium toxicity. Please share your thoughts or your experience about this product.

Thank you.

sedate

sedate

I have no experience here, I'm just shooting from the hip:

Perhaps that high EC is a reflection of carbs and sugars present in the mix and such and not NPK or micronute content.

As a general rule however, less is more with micronutes, so I too would be very nervous about the recipie you decribe.

What are the bottle instructions?

I

Iouka

I am currently running Humboldt nutes and based on their feeding chart I use 2ml per gal. for veg. 6ml and up for flower of the Honey ES. I was also told that HN has a tendency to run on the high side so I was told to Dilute it down a little and should be all good wont effect the ratio at all. I would start out small and work your way up each week just to be safe. I am so far happy with the results that I am getting from humboldt nutes. I will be posting pics soon

Latest posts

Top Bottom