HumboldtLocals Outdoor 2010

• Thread starter humboldtlocal
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

COCannabis

Those plants are incredible man, is that from the California sun, or an experienced green thumb....hmmm....:mmm

You truly are living the weed farmer's dream. If you don't mind me asking, do you keep enough of your stuff to last you until the next growing season, or do you do indoor as well?

H

humboldtlocal

Those plants are incredible man, is that from the California sun, or an experienced green thumb....hmmm....:mmm

You truly are living the weed farmer's dream. If you don't mind me asking, do you keep enough of your stuff to last you until the next growing season, or do you do indoor as well?

This is how I keep my meds fresh year round. This is a post I made on another forum about my bagging machine.

I got my bagging machine a while back. It is awesome. Minipak MVS45. Made in Italy. With 500 bags and a tank of nitrogen it was just over 5k. The pics on trimscenes site don't make it look like it is worth 5k but when you see it in person it is impressive. First of all this fucker is heavy. Like 180 pounds. So that makes it seam like you get your moneys worth right there. It is very easy to use. The bags I got are 14x20 and 4mil. A seal a meal bag is 3mil so these are a lot thicker. I also got some 12x18 bags but they really only fit half pounds. After putting the meds in the bag I cut the excess bag down a little bit. I found that it makes the bag fit in the chamber a little better. Trimscene put a double seal wire on mine so it makes a really good seal. They normally come with a seal wire and a cut off wire but the cut off is unnecessary. You can not pull these bags open at all after they are sealed with the double seal wire. The machine has nine programs. I pretty much used three. All of the settings were just a little different. I have friends that have been using these machines for years so I just used the same settings they use. I set my vacuum to suck around 88% of the air out of the chamber. Then I set the Nitrogen to flush 53% in the chamber. Then I set the seal bar to seal for 1.8 - 2 seconds. If you go with a longer seal you will melt your bag or you will melt the tape on your seal bar. When you close the lid of the machine it starts the cycle. You do not need to hold the lid down it will hold on its own. After it seals the lid will open and you pull your bag out and load another one in. It can handle at least three cycles per minute. You do not need to let it cool down like with a seal a meal machine. This thing is industrial grade. You are supposed to change the oil on it every 15,000 cycles to give you an idea of the quality of this machine. By removing the oxygen and replacing it with nitrogen it will completely stop the deterioration of your meds. My friends who turned me on to these dug up pounds they forgot about for two years and they were as fresh as the day they were first bagged. I am putting a lot of my meds away for my collective for the summer when I know they will need it. They will be minty fresh when I finally get to them. I also sealed up some steaks and beef with the machine too. Let me know if you guys have any questions about it. Here is trim scene solutions page on it. The one in the video is the same one I got. They make a smaller one for around 3k but it will only fit the half pound bags.

Blaze

Blaze

Man I want one of those LoL! Don't suppose there is a way to get just N for those of us who don't have the budget for a $3k sealer? I have heard of people using a normal vac sealer and then filling those bags with N.

Very impressive garden as always HL look like you are off to a great start for the season.

K

KUsocalSH

I just spent the last couple nights reading this whole thread and all I got to say is. You are a very very impressive human being. To organize ad legalize that big of a crop..... wow, If I could ever get to the point that I had that much marijuanna growing and distributing I would just be beside myself. I'm almost speachless thinking about it. GREAT GREAT JOB TO YOU AND YOUR CREW, and thank you for giving all of us smaller crop growers a inspiration, and something to shoot for. I hope I can get something like that going. I always shoot for the moon but if I cant make it, I'll atleast grab me a damn star on the way down. KEEP IT UP!!!! :passingjoint:

H

humboldtlocal

Man I want one of those LoL! Don't suppose there is a way to get just N for those of us who don't have the budget for a $3k sealer? I have heard of people using a normal vac sealer and then filling those bags with N.

I have friends that tried that and it doesn't work. You need to remove all the oxygen. That is what causes your meds to break down. You can't remove all the air with a vac sealer without crushing your meds.

Hope all had a great Fathers day weekend. I had a real nice one. Everything is going real good on the farms.
We did get heavily flown this last week. Every year in June the DEA does their flight school in Northern Mendocino and Southern Humboldt. They take this opportunity to break FAA regulations and fly at very unsafe heights while scaring children and livestock. Good times. They were about 200-300 feet off the ground. The choppers are not supposed to be below 500' and the planes 1000'. They were both flying way under that this week.
Other than that all is well. The plants are still blowing up with new growth. We have been applying Brix Mix and seeing some pretty instant results. The girls love it. Took a lot of pics today. Bit windy in some of them.
Ganja D's pooch Kingston. He just celebrated his third birthday.
IMG00195 20100621 1734

IMG00194 20100621 1730

IMG00193 20100621 1720

IMG00192 20100621 1720

IMG00191 20100621 1719

IMG00190 20100621 1714

IMG00189 20100621 1710

IMG00188 20100621 1709

IMG00187 20100621 1709

IMG00183 20100621 1520

H

HannaMan

Thats exactly what I have in my mind EVERY time I pass a green house...

F

FileError404

Man they look so sweet. As much as I like indoor gardens there's nothing like looking at big healthy outdoor bushes about to become trees :sun And then there is your grow... :clapping

Happy Solstice, hl!

PS: How long do you cure before vac sealing them?

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
looking great HL do you also add molasses to the brix mix, if so how much? im flying to Cali to work on your farm for a week...lol that would elevate my growing so much.

Dizzworth

Dizzworth

400 pots

hello hl...your project in truly an inspiration to me and my friends doing there second crop this summer. im doing 400 gallon smart pots and curious how often you are having to feed your babes this time of the year? also do you spray with neem or azamax for pests? or does that seem to stress out the plants?

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
This makes guerilla growing harder than it is because when I start I already know nothing like this is going to happen in my world.

Unreal, unbelievable , untouchable to me. You are living the dream guy. Your grow is Tom Hill good. It doesn't get any better than this.

Hats off to you and your crew.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I have friends that tried that and it doesn't work. You need to remove all the oxygen. That is what causes your meds to break down. You can't remove all the air with a vac sealer without crushing your meds.

Hope all had a great Fathers day weekend. I had a real nice one. Everything is going real good on the farms.
We did get heavily flown this last week. Every year in June the DEA does their flight school in Northern Mendocino and Southern Humboldt. They take this opportunity to break FAA regulations and fly at very unsafe heights while scaring children and livestock. Good times. They were about 200-300 feet off the ground. The choppers are not supposed to be below 500' and the planes 1000'. They were both flying way under that this week.
Other than that all is well. The plants are still blowing up with new growth. We have been applying Brix Mix and seeing some pretty instant results. The girls love it. Took a lot of pics today. Bit windy in some of them.
Ganja D's pooch Kingston. He just celebrated his third birthday.
Those bastards. MAN that chaps my ass! People who are tasked to enforce the law happily breaking it.

Last year I considered doing Brix Mix, but decided against it until I had a better idea of how it would affect my girls. I went with a regimen of molasses and malted barley extract (now that my husband can't have beer anymore I'll probably be getting *all* the extracts from his brewing kits). The thing is, is measuring the plant's brix in the first place--how effective a measure of cannabis 'happiness' and performance is it, really? Versus, for instance, measuring NO3 (nitrate)?

So, did you hit all the girls with the BM? Did you hold out on some of them, or have you already done a side-by-side to determine its efficacy? I've only just been able to plant in my OD planter this last weekend (family stuff had my out of the country) and I've got some time to make up. Plus, it's about time I place my order in the peaceful valley.

TheCoolestMan

TheCoolestMan

Premium Member
Supporter
This makes guerilla growing harder than it is because when I start I already know nothing like this is going to happen in my world.

Unreal, unbelievable , untouchable to me. You are living the dream guy. Your grow is Tom Hill good. It doesn't get any better than this.

Hats off to you and your crew.

I Co-sign that statement, this thread bring me joy... ;)

S

SomeoneYouKnow

The thing is, is measuring the plant's brix in the first place--how effective a measure of cannabis 'happiness' and performance is it, really? Versus, for instance, measuring NO3 (nitrate)?

I too would be interested in knowing this as I just purchased a Cardy Nitrate Meter from cropmeters.com.

Thanks in Advance!

Blaze

Blaze

Did you get the new one, the Twin Meter? I am seriously unhappy with mine. The range is about 20% of what the old ones are. Totally useless for testing N beyond early vegetative growth, unless you are under feeding your plants. That's about all it will tell you as far as plant sap analysis. Other than that the only way to get a reading with it once the plants are well established and their nutrient levels are high, is to measure out some plant sap and dilute it with water, get a reading off of that, and then do the math to get the right conversion. This of course is very slow and pretty inaccurate. If you can get the old style ones (the flat blue box style) they are much better and cheaper too, and they actually have the range you need to test the nutrient levels of cannabis.

H

humboldtlocal

looking great HL do you also add molasses to the brix mix, if so how much? im flying to Cali to work on your farm for a week...lol that would elevate my growing so much.

The Brix Mix has molasses in it. I think they just started adding it this year.

hello hl...your project in truly an inspiration to me and my friends doing there second crop this summer. im doing 400 gallon smart pots and curious how often you are having to feed your babes this time of the year? also do you spray with neem or azamax for pests? or does that seem to stress out the plants?

Most of my plants have such a hot organic soil mix that I could go the whole veg season without feeding them and they would be fine. That is the beauty of organics. I still top dress with high quality EWC and high nitro bat guano but at very light doses. I also use the EWC to make a tea and soil drench. I will be giving everything a couple feedings of compost tea through out the summer as well. Here is a post I Made on the other forum about spraying and plant health.

Strong healthy clean plants will be much less susceptible to any bugs or diseases. A stressed plant covered in dead leaves has a much better chance of getting infected with something. We do a lot of preventative measures before we have any problems. It is just part of the job. I have a very good idea of what to anticipate in my gardens after so many years and plan accordingly.
The clones we got from outside sources were all quarantined and treated for mites before being brought into our veg room. The room had been thoroughly cleaned before hand as well. We also treated everything from very early on with predator nematodes to take care of any fungus gnats. There seams to have been a real outbreak of them in Cali in the last year between all the infected clones being sold at collectives and the low quality soil mixes being rushed to market.

We also spray a fully organic OMRI listed insect spray from a company called Monterey Garden to take care of any bugs.

So, did you hit all the girls with the BM? Did you hold out on some of them, or have you already done a side-by-side to determine its efficacy?

We did do the gardens in phases before we hit everything. The results were quite obvious. I had also seen this product work wonders in a friends garden last year.

I got to visit a very well done medical indoor grow yesterday. Very professional and some lovely meds as well. These guys were taking a lot of preventative measures to ensure they had clean pest and disease free meds. I was very impressed.
IMG00200 20100623 1638

IMG00199 20100623 1635

IMG00198 20100623 1635

IMG00197 20100623 1635

Some of the strains were Grandaddy Purp, Green Crack, OG, Pre 98 Bubba, and a very heavy yielder that looked like it would trim up nicely in the Twister called C4 or C9 I think it was. Huge thick stinky buds with almost no leaf. Very nice.

I have been seeing way more Black Widows around my home this year than ever before. I don't know if it has something to do with the weather or what but they seam to be everywhere. This after noon I took this pic of a lizard caught in a widows web. The lizard was still alive. He was about 3-4" long and the widow was pretty large as well. Stay safe everyone.
IMG00202 20100624 1847

Top Bottom