HumboldtLocals Outdoor 2010

• Thread starter humboldtlocal
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

humboldtlocal

Greetings friends.
It is a great time to be alive and an exciting time to be working in the world of Cannabis. We are on the verge of Cannabis legalization in California and I am very excited about the future we will be creating for our communities and our industry.
I had my friend and colleague California's #1 Cannabis Lobbyist Max Del Real visit the farm recently. He is working with me on some new projects I will be sharing with the cannabis community very soon.
I shared some of my Purple Trainwreck x Grapefruit with him and he declared "This isn't Grapefruit. This is High Octane!!!" That is the new name for our PTWxGF. In honor of Max Del Real we will be calling it High Octane aka The HO.:evilgrin
Max has been working on a medical cannabis ordinance in Sacramento and has worked on the prop 19 campaign as well. He also lobbied for insurance coverage for dispensaries. He has been a huge advocate for the medical cannabis community and I am proud to be working with the best in the business. Cannabis needs representation in the state capitol and now we have a direct link. We have to play politics against the politicians and this is the way I intend to do it.
Take care and I will fill you all in real soon. Good things are coming for us all so keep it organic and don't panic.:yes

L

leao

Very interested to hear what you've been working on HL, and in some way it really makes me feel good to know that there are guys like you committed to improving the medical community overall, and not just your grows (although those are rapidly becoming the stuff of legend!). This season's grow you have going continues to impress with the updates, but when guys like you continue to fight the good fight for people like my brother (who is a med patient in SoCal) and many, many others it is really even more admirable. So keep it up sir, and I am most certainly down for a pack of the High Octane when/if they hit the Farm :smiley_joint:

C

COCannabis

I haven't checked on this in a while, and I must say, I am more blown away than I thought possible. Those plants are ridiculously big--you don't need me to tell you though. I honestly can't get over the size of them, and the fact that they're all in perfect condition! Do you train them in any way? Do any pruning, topping, etc.? I wish I could blame your success on your climate, but that is clearly not why you're whooping so much ass. You sir, are an expert in your field, there is no doubt. When weed gets legalized, and there's massively grown schwag from all the tobacco companies flooding the market, I'd like to be able to buy from a "micro brew" farm such as yours, that is producing the absolute best outdoor organic marijuana the world has to offer. More growers need a mentality like yours--benefit those around them (not excluding the wildlife!) and harm nothing. Live and let live!

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
I haven't checked on this in a while, and I must say, I am more blown away than I thought possible. Those plants are ridiculously big--you don't need me to tell you though. I honestly can't get over the size of them, and the fact that they're all in perfect condition! Do you train them in any way? Do any pruning, topping, etc.? I wish I could blame your success on your climate, but that is clearly not why you're whooping so much ass. You sir, are an expert in your field, there is no doubt. When weed gets legalized, and there's massively grown schwag from all the tobacco companies flooding the market, I'd like to be able to buy from a "micro brew" farm such as yours, that is producing the absolute best outdoor organic marijuana the world has to offer. More growers need a mentality like yours--benefit those around them (not excluding the wildlife!) and harm nothing. Live and let live!

Don't think I could have said it any better.

F

Frank_Castle

This is the most impressive and professional grow op I have ever seen. MAJOR RESPECT!

Two things I am confused about, and if the are inappropriate n00b questions I apologize and ignore.

Regardless of state statue you are still blowing past the 100 plant federal law. You arent concerned or precautions in place?

I thought the feds were still all over the emerald triangle. How does an op of this size NOT get spotted by aircraft?

How are you getting a water source for a drip operation? Natural or water tanks?

Thanks man! I cant tell you how much I respect what you are doing and your knowledge and professionalism! Stay safe!!

G

Ganja D

Lots of hard work and love goes into HumboldtLocal's gardens. It takes constant awareness of the plants needs to keep them this healthy.
To answer your question no pruning or topping was done until very recently. Only the tallest plants were pinched on the tops and slightly bend to control vertical growth for now. Some of the plants in 300 gallon smart pots would be 12-15 feet by now if not for a little pinching and bending. We need to at least attempt to keep them manageable. I'm project manager at one of HL's gardens and haven't been on this site much recently. I'll try to drop by more often and maybe post some pics from time to time.:hi

HortiLab

HortiLab

Beautiful~

Again, keep up that GREAT work Ganja D & humboldtlocal!

Can´t wait to see your gardens in full flower! :flower

Aligee

Aligee

Lots of hard work and love goes into HumboldtLocal's gardens. It takes constant awareness of the plants needs to keep them this healthy.
To answer your question no pruning or topping was done until very recently. Only the tallest plants were pinched on the tops and slightly bend to control vertical growth for now. Some of the plants in 300 gallon smart pots would be 12-15 feet by now if not for a little pinching and bending. We need to at least attempt to keep them manageable. I'm project manager at one of HL's gardens and haven't been on this site much recently. I'll try to drop by more often and maybe post some pics from time to time.:hi
Keeo up the hard work bro !!! i respect the passion and dedication you all have !!! setting high standards to say the least ... i also enjoyed your music !!! could you drop a link here too THX !!!

squarepusher

squarepusher

killing it. I don't think he has more that 100 plants, looks like about 30-40 huge ones.

Interested to hear what kind of netting he is using looks real nice.

ziel-zielona

ziel-zielona

hello bro.
your garden its uncanny ....:confused0059:
greting from POLEND :volcano:

snowdog BX1 x AH / arne

localhero

localhero

hahah found ya!

cool to see a familiar face and a familiar grow, you guys rock!

H

humboldtlocal

Hey folks,
Got some pics today. Not with the good camera but these will have to suffice.
First I would like to show a medical garden that I consulted on this year. This was for a pair of seniors who have lived in Humboldt since the 70's but had never grown a cannabis plant before. My parents. They have been medical Cannabis users for years but had never grown their own. I am very proud of them for taking the leap and their plants look great. There were some parameters for this garden that affected the design. The plants needed to be kept low under this remay covered hoop for privacy and the garden had a very limited budget to work with. Plastic kiddie pools were used and a very simple soil mix was put together for them. KISS. Keep It Simple Seniors.:damnhippie:
I had them do the same style of inline emitter tubing that I use and the plants were all tied down to chicken wire to keep them low. There was a minor fungus gnat infestation so predator nematodes and yellow sticky traps were applied.
IMG00224 20100727 1526

IMG00226 20100727 1527

IMG00225 20100727 1527

Next year I will have them on the 300 gallon smart pot program with hoops.
Couple pics from one of the FireRidge Farms gardens
P7260006

P7260003

And some from my place. Most are over ten feet.
IMG00231 20100727 1640

IMG00221 20100727 1412

IMG00229 20100727 1622

IMG00227 20100727 1619

IMG00230 20100727 1624

M

mrdizzle

I am afraid of that stem, Ill be having nightmares of that monster

j wizzle

j wizzle

everything is amazing bro!!! just went up there 2 weeks ago, my boy has a setup almost exactly like your in mendo and its amazing. i want to move up there so bad and get this started. just crazy what you can do, and quality is amazing. indoor, outdoor...its all the same if its done by the right grower.

S

supasticky

That trunk is FAT! Props on that and for helping your parents get their grow on! much respect bro.

-Supa

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
wow man your parents plants are really gonna look great in flower. love the way they are formed right now. and the pic of the dude standing in the center isle of the trees is just crazy. i wish that was me in my own garden so bad.

Localhero, whats up i read so many of your post but am unable to post for some reason at that place. glad you made it over here. people here would love to see what you got going on as well.

K

KING_KONG_KOLAS

Gottt Damn... You must have a small army hired to trim them redwoods..lol Props fellas this is one the biggest outdoor greenhouse/outdoor style grows I have ever seen!! And yall are killing it!! Man if my garden was like that down here in the south it would mold and rott from the inside out.. Living in a dry climate must be fuckn awesome!!

Top Bottom