HumboldtLocals Outdoor 2010

• Thread starter humboldtlocal
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

dorkvan420

I'm currently more interested in your efforts outside of the farm.....although your plants are just amazing of course........what new ideas do you have stewwing up in that master gardeners head of yours?
Your doing good things , and I have much respect, please keep it up, and keep us informed as well....and someday we'll head your way to hang out with my wifes side of the family up near you guys...up there on the ranch next to your buddies farm........oh yeah do guys like natural grass fed beef?????

H

humboldtlocal

Took this guys pic in town the other day. He had a cardboard cut out of some scissors and a sign that said Trim Work?
IMG00233 20100729 1205

Every fall my sweet little home town is over run with people from around the world that come here looking for easy money. Not all of them are bad. Many are good. But every year there are more and more home invasions and people coming into my neighborhood that have no right to be there. They add nothing to my community and when they get paid they leave and very little of that money stays local. It is also a huge public safety issue.
That is why I love my Twisters so much and hope more of my neighbors and fellow growers will use them. Make those mom and pop ops more self sufficient and bring in less outsiders to our neighborhoods. We need to tighten up our communities.
I have been a volunteer fire fighter since my early teens and we get called out to respond to more home invasions than we do fires. Ganja D and I have already been called out to one this summer and it is still early in the season. Luckily no one was hurt during that one but many have not been so lucky. Up here we don't call law enforcement. These things are handled by the local VFD.
If you are thinking you will just come to the Emerald Triangle and easily find a job this fall you are mistaken. Most smart growers do not hire people off the streets. If you don't know someone that invites you please do not come and take your chances.
If you are a trimmer coming into the Triangle this fall, please be respectful of these small communities. Know that you are a guest and show the residents some common decency and respect. Don't be making a scene on our streets and in our neighborhoods. Be thankful to the grower you are working for who is entrusting you with their freedom and treat them with the respect they deserve. Remember to support local businesses and please use some of that easy money to support some of our underfunded local non-profits. If you can take these steps you will be welcomed back.
If you are not finding work please move on and don't loiter my streets for months.
Fall is coming real soon. I hope everyone has a safe and swift harvest.
Here is a pic of Ganja D in front of the new garden. I am really glad we took the time to put this one in. It is looking great.
IMG00223 20100727 1429

B

bannana man

looking lovely as always ...well said ...some people have a cheek

TortureKill

TortureKill

Very well said humboldtlocal! Ive heard stories of ppl driving out west looking for trim work. Ive heard of ppl making a living doing that every year.. I understand what your saying, and respect every word of it. Family, is all we have. U have to protect you and yours, Priority #1.. Ive always lived on the east coast. Although my life long dream is to move out west, and live among the tranquil peaceful mountains by the coast, the only glimpse ive got of the scene over there was from the movie Humboldt County. Great flick. How close does that depict your county neways bro? Id say it was prob. like that 15- 20 years ago...? Neways I wish the best to you and yours.. BE safe brother

ziel-zielona

ziel-zielona

hello
sorry for the last post :D

greeting from Polend:scared0016:

B

biggs

how much do trimmers get paid, out of interest?

plants look awesome by the way mate. :harvest:

4214evr

a friend from up north came into your/our town last year with a crew he also brought the "FUNK" he was so sick and everyone caught it.Please dont come sick Also im writing a nonfiction book "EMERALD TRIANGES NORTHERN EXPOSURE" THE SHADY SIDE. stuff happens in these hills soo take heed. awesome plants peace love RESPECT

H

humboldtlocal

Greeting friends. I wanted to introduce another friend of mine. He is a very knowledgeable breeder, master grower, and long time friend. He breeds with old school Emerald Triangle genetics, elite clone only genetics, and Dutch genetics to make some amazing works of Cannabis art. Without further ado I present Humboldt Nation Farms.
Here is one of the greenhouses for males.
DSC 0313 2

DSC 0306 2

DSC 0307 2

DSC 0310 2

Here is a tip for aspiring breeders. Add a tsp of sugar to the water you put your males in for them to feed on and they will stay alive a lot longer while you collect your pollen. Organic sugar of course.
DSC 0314 2

DSC 0316 2

DSC 0321 2

DSC 0323 2

DSC 0324 2

DSC 0325 2

H

humboldtlocal

I am really happy to share this glimpse behind the redwood curtain. I hope to dispel the stereotypes of Emerald Triangle cannabis farmers as irresponsible, polluting, gun-toting, drug crazed, outlaws. Most of us are responsible upstanding members of our communities. We support the schools, fire departments, womens shelters, hospice programs, meals for homeless, and many local non-profits. Cannabis has always supported this community and it will for generations to come.
More from Humboldt Nation Farms
DSC 0400 2

We do not pump water out of our fragile watersheds during dry months. Part of being a responsible Cannabis producer is reducing our impact on our environment. We use ponds and water tanks to store water during the rainy months so we do not harm our local creeks, rivers and native fish habitats. Please do the same.
DSC 0397 2

DSC 0401 2

DSC 0402 2

DSC 0403 2

DSC 0404 2

DSC 0406

Some tasty light dep was just harvested from these greenhouses
DSC 0407

DSC 0319 2

DSC 0399 2

tèchnìquè

tèchnìquè

beautiful work, what kind of nutrients do you give them while flowering outside?

R

RonMac559

All i can say is WOW... HL you and the other farmers you have showcased are exactly what every farmer should strive to be... So where do i sign up for training??? lol...
Nicely done HL...

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
All i can say is WOW... HL you and the other farmers you have showcased are exactly what every farmer should strive to be... So where do i sign up for training??? lol...
Nicely done HL...

It would be summer camp for growers lol
Instead of 4H it'd be 420H lol

Cheers,
Crom

j wizzle

j wizzle

just beautiful HL...im heading back up there in a couple weeks and cant wait. my boy does the same thing with the water and all trimmers are locals. i love how the community is up there, i want to move up there one day...

R

RonMac559

It would be summer camp for growers lol
Instead of 4H it'd be 420H lol

Cheers,
Crom

Lol... definitely crom... I would probably be the first name in the sign up sheet. Too bad schools DONT have a 420H club, maybe one day huh??

H

humboldtlocal

If you really want to learn from Humboldt Locals about sustainable and responsible cannabis farming then come take some classes at the newly formed 707 Cannabis College in Southern Humboldt.

They will be updating their website in the next couple days with their first round of classes beginning of September.
These ladies are true cannabis experts that were growing cannabis back when Richard Lee could still walk and was living in Texas. If you want to learn the real deal about cultivation this is the place to come.

R

RonMac559

If you really want to learn from Humboldt Locals about sustainable and responsible cannabis farming then come take some classes at the newly formed 707 Cannabis College in Southern Humboldt.

They will be updating their website in the next couple days with their first round of classes beginning of September.
These ladies are true cannabis experts that were growing cannabis back when Richard Lee could still walk and was living in Texas. If you want to learn the real deal about cultivation this is the place to come.

Thanks HL, I just checked out the site and its definitely something everyone should look into. I think learning from growers who have been successful in sustainable and responsible farming is an important step in the cannabis movement... Wouldn't that be a blow to the feds' bullshit propaganda???

F

Frank_Castle

I almost bought a house and land up there a few months ago. These pictures SO make me regret not doing so! I am in awe.

F

fuzzy

what dreams are made of

I think most of us only dream of having the Freedom yall do.Very,very nice!Cant wait to see the big buds.peace,fuzzy:rastadancing:

Top Bottom