HumboldtLocals Outdoor 2010

• Thread starter humboldtlocal
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

humboldtlocal

Do you know where your cannabis came from? Do you know how it was grown? Do you know what sort of toxic pollutants you may be ingesting when you consume it? Do you know the impact on the environment from the production of your cannabis whether medical or recreational?
I want to talk about what is happening in Oakland and around the state. There has been a campaign put on by the indoor growers trying to brainwash the public that indoor grown cannabis is healthier and safer to consume than outdoor grown. Many dispensaries have perpetuated this propaganda because they produce indoor cannabis. They don't have the skills or knowledge to produce high quality outdoor cannabis without the use of chemicals and pesticides. They claim that because indoor is grown in a cleaner environment that it is better for the end user. I will admit that a very small percentage of hyper-allergenic medical cannabis users could be harmed by the small amount of dust on outdoor cannabis. But the rest of their argument doesn't hold water. They also claim that indoor can't be grown organically and without the use of pesticides. When they do lab testing they don't test for pesticides because they don't want you to know that the medicine you are trying to heal yourself with is actually harming you and the planet.
Oakland is about to start work on 4 100,000+sqft indoors. The runoff will be going straight into the bay. Do you have any idea what the environmental impact of operations like that will be? Where does that electricity come from? Magic? No. Nuclear power and mountain top removal.
Richard Lee in a recent interview when asked what the outdoor growers will do to compete with him said "I guess they can make hash". Shame on you Richard and shame on Oakland.
Oakland has made a direct challenge to Humboldt County and to the rest of us outdoor farmers around the North State. A line in the sand has been drawn and it is war. I say game on.
We gave them our strains, we taught them how to grow, and now the monster has turned on us.
Oakland wants to be the Cannabis capital of California? Have you been to Oakland? If you don't get shot you will get stabbed. It is a hell hole. The only thing they are good at is rioting and murder.
Consumers need to know that when you buy your cannabis from a factory in Oakland you are buying a Blood Diamond.
As a producer I feel a great deal of responsibility to the end user in creating a healthy product not just for their bodies and minds, but for the environment that it came from. A cannabis plant grown outdoors is good for the planet. When you choose outdoor grown cannabis you are making a statement that you are an educated consumer and you care about your health and the planet you live on. You care about a future for your children.
As we get closer to legalization the mass production of Cannabis is inevitable. By promoting small scale farming we can insure that the production doesn't have a negative impact on the planet the way so much of our industrialized large scale farming has.
I got to visit another friends gardens yesterday and was reminded of why what we outdoor growers do is so important. I saw beautiful gardens. Organic fruits, grapes and vegetables grown side by side with cannabis. A piece of land that had been restored to its natural beauty through the production of Organic medical cannabis.
IMG00258 20100805 1319

LA Confidential
IMG00256 20100805 1316

IMG00255 20100805 1314 1

This is my friends creation, Chamba. This is a strain you will not find outside of our circle in Humboldt. Oakland would love to get her hands on her but we have learned our lesson and have the best of the best under lock and key.
IMG00254 20100805 1300

OG Kush
IMG00253 20100805 1254

Here are two reasons why our Cannabis is better than warehouse grown, we have bamboo and bees. Does a warehouse in Oakland have bamboo and bees? Hell no.
IMG00251 20100805 1251

IMG00249 20100805 1249

IMG00248 20100805 1246

IMG00247 20100805 1245

OG on the left LA Confidential on the right
IMG00246 20100805 1242

IMG00245 20100805 1242

IMG00245 20100805 1242 1

IMG00244 20100805 1242

Oh yeah, we grow a little indoor in Humboldt as well. And we do it better. We do it organically without the use of pesticides and we get 2+ pounds per light. Remember Oakland? We were doing this a long time before you and we will be doing this for a long time to come.
Headband. It is not called 707 up here because this is where it is from.
IMG00242 20100805 1223

IMG00241 20100805 1222

IMG00240 20100805 1222

IMG00239 20100805 1216

IMG00238 20100805 1214

I care deeply about my community and its future in the cannabis industry. Not just Humboldt but all the growing communities in the North State. We are the ones who perfected these techniques, developed these strains, and shared this knowledge. Now big money thinks they can take our legacy away from us? Shame on Oakland and any place else that tries.
As consumers you have a decision to make when you choose your medicine. Please choose wisely.
HL:sun

B

biggs

wow. thats some seious meds. i tip my hat to you mate. awesome.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
great post HL its cool to know the behind the scenes. Its gonna be like hromore free puoltry and meat pretty soon. people really do want all natural porducts its not just the tree huggers anymore

M

MedDudeChcioCA

Great post HL!! Telling it how it is. Keep up gods work.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
While I really wish we had actually met over the Independence Day weekend, I also know that with my granddaughter I wouldn't have been able to get into a good convo with you about, well, so many things.

I have my little Acres, USA ordering book out! Got any recommendations? If I had the scratch I think I'd order half the catalog.

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
Great read bro! I wonder if Lee even thinks about what he's doing to the cannabis community? How can he really think that the "real" patients/growers won't see through this scam to make money? It's rather gross to read that he wrote off the Humboldt growing community and figures that all your good for is hash? WTF Does Lee even grow cannabis? Talk about bad Karma! Who's backing this guy from our community? Not just the Farm but Cali? It sucks that so many people want to legalize our sacred medicine to turn a profit. F**K Cali and their irresponsible financial asses! Why is it Our problem to fix? Not that I'm against legalization, just the profit motive to use patients as a motive to benefit off our ailments and need for medicine. What a monopoly Lee is promoting. We should change the bill around to allow large outdoor grows in and around the Triangle to benefit the citizens of Cali not the profiteers in Oakland. Sounds like Lee might be starting a new issue with his "fix". Not to mention what are the profiteering business kooks going to do after Lee is boycotted by his own people? Make it illegal again because projections weren't met? Blah blah blah What a topped off bag of S***! Sorry HL just had to vent a bit lol Keep on keepin on!

Cheers,
Crom

curandero2012

curandero2012

Humboldt my respect to you & other outdoor growers.I enjoy the pics of the huge Cannabis in your garden.I don't agree with mr Lee that quality buds can only be from indoor growing.I bet he has never read the quality standards for medicinal herbs, The Good Agricultural Practice for medicinal herbs.

http://whqlibdoc.who.int/publications/2003/9241546271.pdf

Namaste :bong2:

CannaCrone

CannaCrone

Great post HL!

There is much to be said for sustainably grown. I think Oakland/RL will wind up shooting themselves in the proverbial foot for such disparaging comments about outdoor grown. Such comments only divide the industry and as you say, a line is drawn. Their motives seem clear. I am not against people earning a living or making a reasonable profit from the hard work of farming - be it veggies or ganja. But I think we have all had our fill of greed and abuse of power in this country and are seeing (and feeling!) firsthand the destruction to the livelihoods of us common folk it causes.

There is a HUGE movement across the nation to shun industrial farming and get back to locally grown produce, meat, and other goods. I am an organic farmer in the "other" section of norcal that is often lumped in with the Emerald Triangle. And being a part of the farming community here (veggies and such) I am excited about the future for us small farmers and the communities we provide our healthy food to. I can't help but believe this "back-to-the-land" and "locally grown" movement that is spreading like wild fire will eventually engulf the cannabis community as well.

We may have to go through some growing pains (pardon the pun) but I do believe that many people, if not most, will want their cannabis, in addition to their veggies & meat, sustainably and locally grown by their neighborhood farmer.

As for the bees and bamboo, those of you who have never been to a farm that has developed its own natural eco-system with all the flora and fauna working in snyc, do get yourself out to a farm to take a tour. If everyone could see how their food is raised, I have no doubts the majority would hands down choose sustainably grown over the artificially and mass produced. IT IS BETTER! In my humble opinion, the same holds true for cannabis.

I am hoping the day is soon on the horizon where we who grow our sacred herb in tune with nature can safely open our farms up for the public to see where their stuff comes from. Until then, we have these forums where we can show others how we do it.

And in additional support for your views, HL, I want to add that I am one of those "hyper-allergenic" patients that they argue indoor is better for. My main allergy of many happens to be dust (severe) and I have NEVER had a problem with outdoor, organically grown. On the other hand, I can always tell when I get ganja that has been raised with chemical fertilizers and/or pesticides because I get a phlegm-y cough for a few days. Must be sumthin in the chems I'm allergic/sensitive to.

Thanks HL for your generosity in sharing your farm with us.

:damnhippie: CC

M

mrdizzle

Plants looks amazing

did you change your stance on prop19? I dont see how it can become legal and it not turn into what you describe above, I wish it wasnt so, but I fear it is. besides the FEDS are already looking to pop those factories.

ScuzyRoach

ScuzyRoach

Fuck yeah, you tell em. All they know is purple this and purle that in Oakland. I wouldn't vend there if it was the last place on earth. Recent figures showed they sold 6000 pounds out of the clubs there last yr. That doesn't even skim the surface of what you guys r producing up that way. The rest of the country needs weed too right? Keep it up cause they will see thats its impossible to offer quality indoor meds at the same price as outdoor. They wont control all the dealerships around the state even if the law passes. Richard Lee is a fake cripple wheeling around on TV for sympathy. Douche Bag plain and simple.

H

humboldtlocal

I want to thank everyone for the outpouring of support I have been receiving in PM's, rep, and the posts here. We have a very supportive community and it gives me a lot of hope for our future.
We have lived in fear in the growing community for a long time that evil corporations would come in and try to take our livelihood from us. We thought it would be Joe Camel, Marlboro Man, and RJ Reynolds. We did not know that the monster would rise from our own ranks in the medical cannabis community. The enemy of the small grower has reared it's ugly head and the battle has begun.
I welcome the challenge.
They no longer talk about patients, medicine and healing. They only talk about dollars. That is the difference between factory grown and farm grown. They are doing this for all the wrong reasons.
We have a deep connection to the plants that we grow. We talk to them. We live side by side with them. We eat the food that is grown in the same gardens. We feel we have a responsibility and a connection to each patient that consumes this medicine. We use it to heal our minds as well as our bodies. This is not just another job. This is our passion and our calling. We rise everyday excited to be working on our farms and we take a lot of pride in what we do. We won't be letting anyone take this away from us.
IMG00281 20100807 1704

IMG00267 20100807 1315

IMG00270 20100807 1335

IMG00286 20100807 1819

IMG00278 20100807 1648

IMG00289 20100807 1823

IMG00274 20100807 1623

IMG00271 20100807 1335

IMG00280 20100807 1654

IMG00275 20100807 1634

IMG00276 20100807 1634

IMG00283 20100807 1705

IMG00287 20100807 1820

IMG00285 20100807 1807

IMG00284 20100807 1805

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
I'm so glad I found this thread! Inspirational! Keep up all the great work! You have many great points as to why to be nervous about your lively hood. Joe Corporate is always looking to make a buck, now we have our fellow Farmers going to the darkside due to the allure of money. So many people are going to back Prop 19 without really doing their homework. Would you say HL that the majority of the NO votes will come from the North? Not sure how the South is going to react to 19. Hopefully people see through the BS and shoot the bill down and demand a review of it's underlying deception and eventual control of Farmers doing the right thing. Never thought I'd see the day when Cannabis is up for legalization and WE want to vote NO! Karma will prevail. Educate your families and friends about the greed and corruption in this approach to legalization.

Cheers,
Crom

K

KosSio28

respect for humboldtlocal

I want to thank everyone for the outpouring of support I have been receiving in PM's, rep, and the posts here. We have a very supportive community and it gives me a lot of hope for our future.
We have lived in fear in the growing community for a long time that evil corporations would come in and try to take our livelihood from us. We thought it would be Joe Camel, Marlboro Man, and RJ Reynolds. We did not know that the monster would rise from our own ranks in the medical cannabis community. The enemy of the small grower has reared it's ugly head and the battle has begun.
I welcome the challenge.
They no longer talk about patients, medicine and healing. They only talk about dollars. That is the difference between factory grown and farm grown. They are doing this for all the wrong reasons.
We have a deep connection to the plants that we grow. We talk to them. We live side by side with them. We eat the food that is grown in the same gardens. We feel we have a responsibility and a connection to each patient that consumes this medicine. We use it to heal our minds as well as our bodies. This is not just another job. This is our passion and our calling. We rise everyday excited to be working on our farms and we take a lot of pride in what we do. We won't be letting anyone take this away from us.
You are right for all that say
for this to "We eat the food that is grown in the same gardens."
Respect for Humboldtlocal

curandero2012

curandero2012

Eventually the small grower will win and not the big corps.More consumers are seeking for quality and how it is produced and what the company is doing to safe the environment.More people are aware that most big production is not a sustainable development, but a destructive development.

Sure you can hire a warehouse of 40.000 m2 for a grow operation, but you will need artificial lights which is till now the ordinairy HPS.These lights consume a lot of electricity, so where is the electricity coming from and how is it produced.

Most indoor are hydroponic, so how much water will be used and where is it coming from and what will happen with the waste.

How will you deal with pests?Are you gonna use certain insects like ladybugs e.g. or are you gonna use pesticides.It depends how the big corp will think and how much money they will spend to deal with pests.
Most big corps are run by managers who only think about the big $ to fill their own pocket and nothing else.

Humboldt, you're more a future grower imo.

BTW which variety are the flowering plants??

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
Eventually the small grower will win and not the big corps.More consumers are seeking for quality and how it is produced and what the company is doing to safe the environment.More people are aware that most big production is not a sustainable development, but a destructive development.

Sure you can hire a warehouse of 40.000 m2 for a grow operation, but you will need artificial lights which is till now the ordinairy HPS.These lights consume a lot of electricity, so where is the electricity coming from and how is it produced.

Most indoor are hydroponic, so how much water will be used and where is it coming from and what will happen with the waste.

How will you deal with pests?Are you gonna use certain insects like ladybugs e.g. or are you gonna use pesticides.It depends how the big corp will think and how much money they will spend to deal with pests.
Most big corps are run by managers who only think about the big $ to fill their own pocket and nothing else.

Humboldt, you're more a future grower imo.

BTW which variety are the flowering plants??

yeah man i think the little guy will be ok. not only that how can a few companies supply the demand? shit theres grow shops opening up every were and there still a shortage of weed on the east coast. i mean we get weed from canada most of it goes to chicago to Maine and fl. pretty much midwest to east coast. we also get outdoors from cali plus all the canada outdoor . plus all the shit we as small time growers grow. and you still cant get og or chem, SD , bubba or any brand name strain on the reg. and the weed man that has the AAA triple runs out all the time.

S

starzandskarz

hey humboldt local do you ever get powdery mildew problems with that bushy of trees? looking incredible you are a true inspiration keep up the good work!

H

humboldtlocal

This may be shocking but now I am going to say some nice things about Oakland.:)
I want a legitimate cannabis industry. I want to be able to compete in a free market with a high quality organic sustainably grown product. I also think adults should have the choice to legally grow and consume cannabis. Prop 19 can make this happen. It is not perfect. Far from it. But it is a step in the right direction.
Richard Lee made it happen. As much as I don't agree with how they wrote their ordinance in Oakland I am very grateful that he put up his own money to get prop 19 on the ballot. He is a very smart business man. No one is denying that. I just think there can be a much better way to allow cultivation in the state that won't have so many negative impacts on the environment and small cannabis growing communities.
I believe there is room at the table for all of us and there should be more of a united front in the cannabis industry. Humboldt would be happy to work with Oakland and the rest of the state if the opportunities arose. We would be happy to help educate them on safer cleaner ways of cultivation.
Oakland has opened the door for the rest of us and we should be grateful. They had the money and the balls to do what most in the growing community have spent decades dreaming of.
Rather than turn negative attention towards what is being done in Oakland we should all be engaging our elected public officials to ensure that we can continue to feed our families with our chosen profession.
We want to allow farmers from the large to the small to continue to do what they love and what they have been doing for generations. We are California cannabis farmers and we need to come together to set an example for the rest of the country and the world.
I have seen too many friends and family members locked up and hunted for too long. The world is watching California right now. We have an opportunity to repeal prohibition. We have to do it. This can not go on any longer.

Top Bottom