Humic acid Foliar feeding tips

• Thread starter billoddy66
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

billoddy66

Bonjour

Looking to use humic acid as a foliar spray but wondering on what ppm to shoot for?

Plants are maybe week 4 veg

Got some powder stuff which turns water pretty dark as soon as it goes in

Any ideas at all welcome

Z

Zill

Why would you apply soil organic matter, hummus, humic substances to leaf tissue? It’s role in gardening provides breakdown organics and helps big time with soil structure.

Want to really help the plants through the leaves? Spray a dilute water solution of epsom salts and iron sulphate. DILUTE. 1/2 tsp/500mls. Not in direct sunlight.

B

billoddy66

Thank you I'll try that

I definitely think it works though as a foliar from what I've read. It has the same effect in helping carrying nutrients to plant through the leaves as through roots not sure to what extent though etc

From https://www.royalqueenseeds.com/blo...allows for,sprouted to mature cannabis plants.

MORE ON FULVIC ACID
Fulvic acid has a close relationship with humic acid, which is the reason why some refer to it simply as a “fancier” version. It is a humic material that is light yellow to brown, but unlike humic acid, is soluble at all pH levels—acidic and alkaline. Its molecular weight is lower than that of humic acid since it has less carbon.

The lower molecular weight gives fulvic acid an excellent ability to cross the membranes of plant cells so it can easily penetrate into leaves. This makes fulvic acid particularly efficient when used as a foliar spray to provide nutrients to plants quickly. But you can also use it via irrigation by mixing it with your regular nutrient solution.

Furthermore, both humic and fulvic acid reduce the amount of nutrients that your plants need. For cultivators, this means healthy growth and excellent yields are achievable at a fraction of the cost.

B

billoddy66

I'm growing in Coco which I'm using for the first time- new brand so I thought I'd see how it goes first but definitely want to chuck in there too at some point. What ppm do you shoot for when using fulvic or humic acid into soil/hydro stuff?

B

billoddy66

I think fulvic is better as a foliar than humic but I have humic to hand but will be buying some fulvic soon

Z

Zill

Hey Bill,

I’m very skeptical when it comes label claims with over the counter products.

I’ll take a look. But the sentence saying fulvic acid with its lower MW allows it to pass through leaf cells is a bunch of hookey dookey. Look at the fulvic acid molecule. It’s complex. These things just don’t pass through a cell wall and slip into the cytoplasm. I’ll bet it’s not very soluble at neutral pH.

The last paragraph you copied makes some sense. Bear in mind these humic molecules are at the end of breakdown. Consider it plant trash. But because it’s has been rendered almost inert it now aids in soil structure. That is the message in the last paragraph. It reduces the need for food, water and other things. Improving soil structure will do that every time.

quirk

quirk

It was explained to me that the foliar application of fulvic and humic acids will help to toughen foliage against insect damage and will increase brix.
I've used this product since 2015 on garden veggies and cannabis. Disclaimer: The plant biologist that gave me this information owns the nursery where I purchased this product.

Humic and Fulvic
B

billoddy66

Don't know the science behind but a lot of people seeing big results fast when spraying and the agricultural studies on lots of plants seems conclusive to me. Put some on last night with some other stuff and it perked them up but not sure what exactly caused them to perk up of those thing. Chitosan calmag seaweed. Went with 400ppm spray with a binding agent. Fed some humic in today on some others will see how it goes in Coco and worked well

The product I'm referring is just humic acid no other ingredients

Few more along those line

Z

Zill

The point is if you have used these products and it works then use it. Can’t hurt.

A nursery guy with that on their shelves will say what it takes to sell product. He/ she was probably reading the label.

Latest posts

Top Bottom