Humic Acid

• Thread starter Colbgro
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Colbgro

Colbgro

Has anyone used foliar spray of humic acid? Is it better to apply it to the roots?

Tnelz

Tnelz

Rule of thumb is humic for root drench fulvic for foliar. But u can use either either way. I do feel that humic is better as a drench. Fulvic is to me more effective as a drench but great as a foliar. The better overall product is fulvic.

Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

Rule of thumb is humic for root drench fulvic for foliar. But u can use either either way. I do feel that humic is better as a drench. Fulvic is to me more effective as a drench but great as a foliar. The better overall product is fulvic.
while i agree with almost everything you say, i personally think that the humic is better in a root drench(in soul/coco) because it adds more organic matter that will get left behind(thicker liquid, more will get left in the dirt), especially in veg and early flower, though i prefer fulvic in later flower, and i never use humic as a foliar, its purpose is in the root system

john martin

john martin

Recently began using Ful-Power as foliar and flush agent... flushing works great, but won't know taste for few weeks.

I noticed using as a foliar really made things bang out hard.

Ned Kelly

Ned Kelly

Calcium. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 17%
Magnesium . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 4.0%
Boron . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 0.25%
Total Nitrogen (as nitrate). . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 12.1%
Total Potassium (as organic K). . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 0.45%
Sodium. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1.1%
Kelp and Fulvic Acid . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 19%

this is whats in the foliar i use .

Mr.X

Mr.X

I have 2 agree with all the knowledgeablefolks above, humic definitely @the roots because of its viscosity (thickness) and with fulvic either or... Ive had really good results with floraliscious plus as an additive and diamond nectar as a foliar, when im doing light ppm's and when flushing. They're all GH. Good luck, yer bound 2 do good either way as long as U incorporate them n2 yer feeding schedule.

Mr.X

Mr.X

Can it burn roots?
Absolutely, not necessarily the roots but you might experience tip burns because of high ppm's. Especially when using either humic or fulvic acids in conjunction with your regular schedule or base nutes. Always keep your ppm's within parameters and according to particular strain needs.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
To clarify, humic acids themselves cannot cause burn, or rather will not cause burn. The issue is that they sort of chelate the nutrients, they make them more readily available to the plant and so you need to use less, about 1/3 less fertilizer when you've incorporated humic acids into your regimen.

P

Pimples

while i agree with almost everything you say, i personally think that the humic is better in a root drench(in soul/coco) because it adds more organic matter that will get left behind(thicker liquid, more will get left in the dirt), especially in veg and early flower, though i prefer fulvic in later flower, and i never use humic as a foliar, its purpose is in the root system
Many or actually most of the leonardite based humic brands have fulvic as well. But yes...generally...humics for roots..fulvics for foliar spray. Mixed it with kelp amd yucca for a super foliar cocktail.

P

Pimples

To clarify, humic acids themselves cannot cause burn, or rather will not cause burn. The issue is that they sort of chelate the nutrients, they make them more readily available to the plant and so you need to use less, about 1/3 less fertilizer when you've incorporated humic acids into your regimen.
This ^^^^

Top Bottom