Humid spiking need help

• Thread starter jaynewbie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jaynewbie

jaynewbie

Hi team,

Need an advice, recently when my plants entered into flowering phase. The humid is spiking above 75% RH

Humid spiking need help

This is my current setup.
It's a sealed room.
In the tent , i've 1 tower oscillating fan , and 3 oscillating clip fan .
I'm running one small dehumidifier out of the tent and 1 2.2L dehumidifier in the tent.

I've an exhaust fan with carbon filter in the tent ( 6" 420 CFM ) and a intake fan 240 CFM ( had to install an extra carbon filter in the intake to reduce the RH )

I had to switch the ac to dry mode to reduce the RH to only 67 RH.

I need an advice, on how to drop the RH.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

You need large enough dehumidifier to take out as much water as your plants drink at least. If you are feeding gallons you cant use little pint sized units.

Does it happen when that big a/c unit is cranked up?

BigCube

BigCube

Yeah, larger dehumidifier for sure. If you were to vent outside instead of back inside, you could cut your RH way down.

Also those portable ac units arent all that great. They work, but are horribly inefficient. About a quarter of the heat pumped out by the unit radiates back off the hose and the back of the unit. Also the water collection area is very small and fills up fast. Leaving you to drain the unit twice a day or more, or just having a water line run out of the unit and in tk a bucket that you empty manually. Increasing the RH in the room.

Not saying your ac is the issue, but it may be a contributing factor. Sealed rooms need big dehumidifiers. As stated previously, you need one that takes gallons not litres.

Hope this helps!

jaynewbie

jaynewbie

You need large enough dehumidifier to take out as much water as your plants drink at least. If you are feeding gallons you cant use little pint sized units.

Does it happen when that big a/c unit is cranked up?

Yeap, that's why got me worried.

Yeah, larger dehumidifier for sure. If you were to vent outside instead of back inside, you could cut your RH way down.

Also those portable ac units arent all that great. They work, but are horribly inefficient. About a quarter of the heat pumped out by the unit radiates back off the hose and the back of the unit. Also the water collection area is very small and fills up fast. Leaving you to drain the unit twice a day or more, or just having a water line run out of the unit and in tk a bucket that you empty manually. Increasing the RH in the room.

Not saying your ac is the issue, but it may be a contributing factor. Sealed rooms need big dehumidifiers. As stated previously, you need one that takes gallons not litres.

Hope this helps!

I tried to vent it outside from the exhaust fan with a ducting pipe . No luck, it doesn't bring the RH down ..

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Yeap, that's why got me worried.

I tried to vent it outside from the exhaust fan with a ducting pipe . No luck, it doesn't bring the RH down ..

That likely means your intake air is also humid.

Bigger dehumidifier is the answer. I had to put 2 70 pinters in my basement to handle the intake air for my rooms.

Top Bottom