humidifier and fans fighting each other.

• Thread starter CF89
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CF89

CF89

im trying to get the humidity in the tent up, but also trying to give them fresh air via 4" intake and a 6" exhaust.

whats more important because it seems like I can only have one or the other. with my fans running and getting fresh air and air movement to the plants, the humidifier just wastes its time.

and with the humidifier on, humidity is good but theres no fresh air entering, or stale air exhausting.

so how is this done?

R

redshift75

dehumidify the room the fans are intaking and exhausting from rather then the tent itself. Depending on the setup may be a better option.

CF89

CF89

I think I should just ditch the humidifier... they only need significant humidity when theyre young anyways dont they?? theyre already 3 weeks old and the rooms natural 50% RH seems to be decent enough for me. its a lot of work to get it to stay at 70%... is it really worth it in the end?

right now its just a tent in the middle of a giant basement, and this 2nd grow seems to be kicking my ass so far. im overthinking everything and then some.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I think I should just ditch the humidifier... they only need significant humidity when theyre young anyways dont they?? theyre already 3 weeks old and the rooms natural 50% RH seems to be decent enough for me. its a lot of work to get it to stay at 70%... is it really worth it in the end?
This.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

right now its just a tent in the middle of a giant basement, and this 2nd grow seems to be kicking my ass so far. im overthinking everything and then some.

50% is fine.

CF89

CF89

humidifier is going back into my work bag. good to know. ill focus on major air movement...fresh air in, stale air outside, no smell in the house and im happy.

thanks guys.

Top Bottom