humidifier/humidity quandry 4x4 tent

• Thread starter booboo111
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

booboo111

I saw posts about Mainland humidifiers which are way overkill for my 4x4 tent which is in a 12x18 room. I just started my first UC grow a couple weeks ago and even though I have a bubbler pot with a fan blowing on it, can't get the humidity above 45%....I saw some mist maker discs on their site and was wondering if they were something that would work for me. I'm waiting for Mainland to call back and thought someone here might have suggestions....there is very little floor space so ....

Thx

B

booboo111

Oh and I have a window vent fan taking air out of the 12x18 so trying to humidify the room won't cut it

G

gettogro

Try a 3 disc fogger in a small tote with a float valve and a 4 inch fan to circulate the fog.. It is what I use in one of my veg rooms, Works awesome..

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Try a 3 disc fogger in a small tote with a float valve and a 4 inch fan to circulate the fog.. It is what I use in one of my veg rooms, Works awesome..

Can you explain this further?
What make/model fogger do you use?
Do you have pictures?

This handle a 12x12 room that's, on average, 10-15% off the humidity mark?

B

booboo111

ditto....would love to see photos....my other issue is floor space, I packed a UCXL4 into a 4x4 tent and am doing a scrog so having the fogger under the canopy doesn't sound right, at least to my novice logic

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

ttystikk

ttystikk

IME the best humidifier is your plants- especially lots of them packed into a small space. If things are too dry, slow down the rate of air turnover. If that makes things too hot, seal your hood and vent it out of the tent.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

IME the best humidifier is your plants- especially lots of them packed into a small space. If things are too dry, slow down the rate of air turnover. If that makes things too hot, seal your hood and vent it out of the tent.

Hey Stikk, can you explain the plants ability to uptake nutrients as humidity increases/decreases? I know you recently posted it....

ttystikk

ttystikk

I can only speak to VPD theory, where there is a range of temperature and RH conditions that allow the plant to grow strongly. This chart:
Downloadfile

Jboys3

Jboys3

I can only speak to VPD theory, where there is a range of temperature and RH conditions that allow the plant to grow strongly. This chart:
View attachment 345811

Like the chart. Thanks! Since I can never seem to get my humidity above 55% due to the region I grow in this is exactly why I keep my temps 70-80 degrees. It is not the ideal temperature, but since I burn CO2, it allows for better absorption and intake of the CO2 into the plants.

BTW...Where did you find this chart?

ttystikk

ttystikk

Like the chart. Thanks! Since I can never seem to get my humidity above 55% due to the region I grow in this is exactly why I keep my temps 70-80 degrees. It is not the ideal temperature, but since I burn CO2, it allows for better absorption and intake of the CO2 into the plants.

BTW...Where did you find this chart?

It's from an old issue of Maximum Yield magazine.

Top Bottom