Humidifier

• Thread starter Gandalf
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

Gandalf

Hello folks,

I've been searching for a humidifier for my tent.
It's winter here in the city of angels, and the humidity is around 20-25% at best.

As this will be my first humidifier, few questions:
Do I need one at all? (for the 'Romulans' garden - some expansive seeds!)
What do I need - a cold or 'warm' mist?
Any particular name brand I should know about?
Any particular brands I should avoid?

and the most important one..
On what specific humidifier will you guys recommend for a small tent (45x25x65)?

Thanks,
G.

F

frostedlove

TENTs are fun

just leaving a bowl of water out can beef up HM in a tent.

Once you run your tent with lights- water-plants- and all that you can see if you need it. Dont waste the money till you need it. A Tent is its own little ecco system. so set it up and see how she runs and where she runs at in reguards to temp, humity and all that good stuff.

I know it was not the exact answer you wanted and I am sure some one will tell you a good model. I just ran a tent and over thought it a little and then needed different things I did not know I needed till she was up and running. But a humidifier is not really much cash either way.

Hope it all goes well bro

B

BoCo Buds

Once you run your tent with lights- water-plants- and all that you can see if you need it. Dont waste the money till you need it. A Tent is its own little ecco system. so set it up and see how she runs and where she runs at in reguards to temp, humity and all that good stuff.

^^^^

... but if you did need one, would recommend using an ultrasonic fogger/humidifier. Basically you get to avoid a wick material that always stays wet & develops molds & gets a nice little fan to blow it all around... they even smell after a while.

G

Gandalf

just leaving a bowl of water out can beef up HM in a tent.

I know it was not the exact answer you wanted and I am sure some one will tell you a good model. I just ran a tent and over thought it a little and then needed different things I did not know I needed till she was up and running. But a humidifier is not really much cash either way.

Hope it all goes well bro

Thank you bro.

Unfortunately I have already tried the bowl of water method.
resulted in nothing!

Regarding the wet towel method - I will skip it.
My tent is small, and I can not take any risk - it's just too much water close to 600W HPS.

And yeah - you did not answer my questions but I learned from your post.
Thank you Sir! :)
-----------

I would appreciate more replies from ppl who use a humidifier.

logic

logic

Administrator
Staff
This is not "Advanced Techniques & Problems"

Please be sure to post your threads in the correct places Gandalf

G

Gandalf

Thank you for the heads up Sir.
I guess it's a beginners mistake, my apologies.

*and thanks for the "G" :)

Nobodynobody

Nobodynobody

^^^^

... but if you did need one, would recommend using an ultrasonic fogger/humidifier. Basically you get to avoid a wick material that always stays wet & develops molds & gets a nice little fan to blow it all around... they even smell after a while.

I own some of these units. Beside cleaning them once a week from useing RO water. Or the power that is needed... They work GREAT. HOWEVER note these baby's are meant to blast water into nothing fast!. going to need some kind of control for the RH%. Personally i have use digital due to it picks up the change way faster.

Beside that, i have only seen a need of extra needs till 2ed week of veg. Other wise 30-40 does not bother. Have never tryed to reach any goal either. If anything Every one has more of a problem taking out water while blooming... Have seen moldy buds because the water never left the area!

motta-tokka

motta-tokka

A few things when thinking of getting a humidifier for a small space.

1. Reviews. Look at peoples reviews on the humidifier and avoid ones without any. Mine had 3.8 out of 5 stars because of people having to use r/o water in it or else it would throw out a powder from the minerals in the water.

2. If its in a small space you might want to think of the control issue. If your humidifier does not have a digital controller then it will run 24/7 and really turn the humidity up too much especially when lights are off. Having it on a timer might be okay if you really want to try to dial it in. Might be a pain though.

I find that it makes the plants look great and when coupled with my dehumidifier I am able to keep humidity levels in check all the time. The added benefit is when its freezing in the garage, all I need is the humidifier going and the dehumidifier exchanges the extra humidity with fresh dry air.

I have had powder mold in the past without a humidifier and low R/H. I keep the humidity from 50-60% now with no issues at all.

Enjoy and good luck.

Top Bottom