Humidifier

• Thread starter nurlord
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
nurlord

nurlord

Hello everyone,

I'm hoping to get some suggestions on a humidifier. I'm in Canada if that helps. The room is 9ft wide X 15 long X 9 feet tall.

My humidity is usually under 30 and I want to get it up to 70%.

The room has not intake or outtakes.

Any model suggestions would be appreciated.

-n

S

snake383

i have the same problem with humidty... hubcap where u at?

J

Jalisco Kid

I use a faran 707 that would work well in a room that size. JK

nurlord

nurlord

Hi Jalisco,

I saw you mentioned that one in the Krusty thread. I'm trying to look for a Canadian supplier.

Also does it need a line in from a faucet?

hubcap

hubcap

ive never had to personally use em guys, sorry. nada in-put-o.

im lucky in that sense that ive never needed em.
for some reason, prolly temp related, watering them brings be near optimal RH ranges so it was never needed for me...........

jalisco wont steer you wrong guys.

P

pinhi

Im in Canada too and have nearly the exact same size with the same problem so I went down to the local junk reuse store and they had all kinds of them, some were nearly new,I grabbed the biggest they had which holds like 15-20L I guess,paid 7 bucks! works alright pretty much runs steady but it brought my RH up to 58% from the dry 30% it was..cheap quick fix.. no taps Mine has resevouires

mace

mace

You can get any kind of humidifier you want, just get a RH controlled plug and you're money.

S

snake383

Im in Canada too and have nearly the exact same size with the same problem so I went down to the local junk reuse store and they had all kinds of them, some were nearly new,I grabbed the biggest they had which holds like 15-20L I guess,paid 7 bucks! works alright pretty much runs steady but it brought my RH up to 58% from the dry 30% it was..cheap quick fix.. no taps Mine has resevouires

good idea:banana:

J

Jalisco Kid

I guess it depends on how you grow,and outside RH. Not any humifier will work nor will any brand work. It has to fit the room and grow. I come from the zero stress school of thought. You need fine droplets or you risk pm or grey mold. Unless you like to polish bulbs I would run it on RO water. Running one in a lung room is about the best way to go. These are shipped from Korea I know last year there were no dealers here.$300. You get what you pay for, most of the time anyways. I can go home for a week and have no worries.JK

F

FileError404

I only have to raise my RH by 10 or 15% but it is 7000qf. (12ft high)

I looked at these whole house models:

Anyone have experience with one of those? I could install it in my A/C duct? They don't give any info on the range just quantity of water.

Also looked at this fan model:

They say:
0.75 gallons per hour - up to 4,200 square feet of humidification.
Square feet isn't really helpful and humidification could mean 1%...

Any help much appreciated!

J

Jalisco Kid

This cost a little more then the on above which can use 6 gal/day while the faran can use 24 gal/day.

F

FileError404

Thanks guys!

Not sure if the Trion is big enough for the room, would be nice for the money.

I was researching the Faran units yesterday, couldn't find any prices or even distributors, just these wholesale links to Asia. I guess I have to sign up at Faran to find out, thanks for the link JK!

Apache69

Apache69

Unless you like to polish bulbs I would run it on RO water.JK

So true JK. I have a http://hydrofogger.com/ and it works very well. I have a RO but have not had time to plumb it in so I have been dealing with the fogging of the glass on my bulbs. Just in a pinch I used some lime away in a rag and it took all the haze off of the bulbs! I made sure to clean after with a wet rag to get any residue off from the Limeaway.

As soon as I bumped my RH to 70% my plants blew up!

Cheers and Thanks JK!

Top Bottom