Humidifiers For Large Spaces?

• Thread starter Billyboat
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Billyboat

Billyboat

Does anyone have any experience with humidifiers for larger set ups? Doing some planning for some 40 and 60 light rooms and this is one area I am weak.

The ultrasonic ones are out of the question as they only last me about 2 cycles, I have 3k of them sitting that don't work.

Large swamp cooler? How many cfms?

Or air compressor with lots of nozzles plumbed throughout the room that spray a very fine micron mist?

Any links or info would be great.

@Texas Kid

sixstring

sixstring

i know you probably run mini splits but i use a reg house a/c for my setup with ducting and adding a humidifier was simple just like putting one in a house unit. but im curious to see what tk says also because im thinking about using mini's on my current project.

Billyboat

Billyboat

i know you probably run mini splits but i use a reg house a/c for my setup with ducting and adding a humidifier was simple just like putting one in a house unit. but im curious to see what tk says also because im thinking about using mini's on my current project.

No mini splits for this project, just several 5 and 10 ton split units with ducting all in the rooms.

Og Gong

Og Gong

Rip Geologic
It's all about sizing. Here is a calculator that will assist you. There are a bunch out there.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Have you ever seen Ghetto Gro's fogger systems? Using Ultra Sonic foggers that exhaust through various PVC ports in the room? Those would be ideal...

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Billy i would think for a big room and knowing your climate a big swamper on a timer or humidistat might do the trick,my room is small in comparison to yours but when i do need to add humidity i use a portable swamper kept in the room,ill post a pic of it when i get home but you could basically do the same with any side draft swamper and access to water(1/4'' line).The ultrasonics work bitchin but make a mess in my room,constantly cleaning bulbs and everything else.Green,does ghetto have a thread on here showing his setup?

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Billy i would think for a big room and knowing your climate a big swamper on a timer or humidistat might do the trick,my room is small in comparison to yours but when i do need to add humidity i use a portable swamper kept in the room,ill post a pic of it when i get home but you could basically do the same with any side draft swamper and access to water(1/4'' line).The ultrasonics work bitchin but make a mess in my room,constantly cleaning bulbs and everything else.Green,does ghetto have a thread on here showing his setup?
Used to, having a hard time finding it now..

Billyboat

Billyboat

The ultrasonics are a pain in the ass...I have 15 dead 12 disc foggers that I burnt up due to running them too long, thats 3 grand!

It takes 8 12 disc foggers for every 20 lights...they can't run for more then an hour or you run the chance of burning them out...ask me how I know?

I'm thinking a big 5 or 6000 cfm swamp cooler will do the trick.

Spectre

Spectre

Are you using quality foggers? Or the Chinese ones? I've been running the same ones for over a year and have had no problems. Maybe you're voltage is off? I do use a Titan humidity controller but they're often running continuously for several hours before the plants get bigger. I understand you're asking about very large spaces and I'm sure there are better methods of humidifying. I'm just curious as to why your foggers burned out so quickly. Best of luck!

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Here is the ones I use, never had a problem and I have some that have been online for years..

Pg69 000032

Billyboat

Billyboat

Are you using quality foggers? Or the Chinese ones? I've been running the same ones for over a year and have had no problems. Maybe you're voltage is off? I do use a Titan humidity controller but they're often running continuously for several hours before the plants get bigger. I understand you're asking about very large spaces and I'm sure there are better methods of humidifying. I'm just curious as to why your foggers burned out so quickly. Best of luck!

Yes I use the good ones, almost 200 bucks each. Aren't they all made in China? I've actually been using these things for about 3 years now.

If the water that the foggers sit in gets hot, they burn out. I have 4 foggers per 55 gallons tote, with fresh RO keeping them topped off/

It takes 8 12 disc foggers to keep my small 24k rooms at 70% for the first two weeks of flower.

Voltage is all on point as this entire facility was built to spec.

Here is the ones I use, never had a problem and I have some that have been online for years..

View attachment 527412

Even in the large rooms? I have 4 of those exact ones you linked and I use them as door stops. I put 4 of them in a 15k room and they didn't make a dent in the humidity, at .9GPH I felt like they are overpriced and under perform.

sixstring

sixstring

10-16 of these mounted on the ceiling/Walls, all plumbed to a big compressor?

Any thoughts?
these look kinda cool,but you will def need a high end air source that is oil free and a decent model air dryer before it hits the atomizer so its pure air.all my compressors let oil into the tanks over time,pretty nasty shit

Og Gong

Og Gong

Rip Geologic
I service Nortec steam humidifiers for operating rooms, packaging rooms and environmental test chambers. They work great. Service is easy. Just replace the cylinder after it is spent and flush the drain solenoid maybe 1x a month.

DirtySanchez

DirtySanchez

Tex do those actually do anything for you?.. You must have an army of those sunlight commercial humidifiers.

I have 3 in a 20k and I don't think my humidity went up 2%.

sixstring

sixstring

We must give thanks to @Og Gong for that one bro :)
I like having mine built into my ducting because it gets distribution more even and i can set it and forget it.no tanks to fill.i run r/o water to mine also so its always clean.

Billyboat

Billyboat

I service Nortec steam humidifiers for operating rooms, packaging rooms and environmental test chambers. They work great. Service is easy. Just replace the cylinder after it is spent and flush the drain solenoid maybe 1x a month.

Thanks!!

We must give thanks to @Og Gong for that one bro :)
I like having mine built into my ducting because it gets distribution more even and i can set it and forget it.no tanks to fill.i run r/o water to mine also so its always clean.

I already spoke with my ac guy and that is exactly what we are going to do.

Latest posts

Top Bottom