Humidifiers

• Thread starter catbuds240
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
catbuds240

catbuds240

Hey farmer's I'm having low humidity in my grow tent and looking to get a humidifier to help with that. My current set up is a 4x4 tent any suggestions for humidifiers for a grow tent of that size. Also what would be the best way to control humidity once i get it? Just let it run and turn it on or off as needed?

Gazoo31

Gazoo31

From lowes. Worked for a 4x4 and a 4x8. No problem getting to 60-65 in a 4x4.
Screenshot 20200422 141651 Chrome

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Hey farmer's I'm having low humidity in my grow tent and looking to get a humidifier to help with that. My current set up is a 4x4 tent any suggestions for humidifiers for a grow tent of that size. Also what would be the best way to control humidity once i get it? Just let it run and turn it on or off as needed?
I get my humidifiers at second hand stores, One called Value Village is/was my favorite store for my grow room equipment. Fan, $3-$4. humidifiers $7-$9 clip on side lights $ 3--$4 pots, hoses, Jars for curing, and on and on. New is nice but a used humidifier and CLR or bleach to clean is just as good. I know the world has stopped but if it ever gets rolling again.

Until then Amazon has them and timers to control your on off times. you could go 30 min on 30 min off with a cheap timer or get a electronic timer for more options for timing.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Control the humidity in the room the tent is in. Does no good to humidify the tent when you are pulling in dry air and pumping the humidity out.

Cool mist ultrasonic I find work best.

I like a cheap option like this for a small grow. Simply plug and play with a light pricetag that will control both humidification and dehumidification for later in flower.
https://www.amazon.com/Inkbird-Humi...qid=1587580464&sprefix=humidity+contro&sr=8-1

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Control the humidity in the room the tent is in. Does no good to humidify the tent when you are pulling in dry air and pumping the humidity out.

I like a cheap option like this for a small grow. Simply plug and play with a light pricetag that will control both humidification and dehumidification for later in flower.
https://www.amazon.com/Inkbird-Humi...qid=1587580464&sprefix=humidity+contro&sr=8-1
Thats a better gadget that I have, I was looking cheap of course and I've had to guess at the timing rather than have a probe read it and act.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Those inkbirds are great for smaller spaces. My space is just big enough that when I need the humidifier, I need it full blast the whole time the light is on.

I also like the ultrasonic humidifiers. They really pump out the moisture.

Also, if possible only use RO or distilled water in it. Tap water can leave hardwater residue on the plants and it really gunks up the humidifiers.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Those inkbirds are great for smaller spaces. My space is just big enough that when I need the humidifier, I need it full blast the whole time the light is on.

I also like the ultrasonic humidifiers. They really pump out the moisture.

Also, if possible only use RO or distilled water in it. Tap water can leave hardwater residue on the plants and it really gunks up the humidifiers.
+1 on the distilled or RO water. They extend the life 10 fold easy also

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
+1 on the distilled or RO water. They extend the life 10 fold easy also
The ones I've had need regular maintenance a little CLR does a good job. Some of them have such an odd design with molded plastic shapes inside that are hard to get to to clean properly. I've never paid over $7.99 - 30% seniors discount lol. I was proud of my humidifiers being so cheap until I read here the heated humidifiers are not the recommended way to raise humidity, something about spreading bacteria & molds easier. There went 2 of my humidifiers, back to V.V. with them and buy another couple.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Oxy clean works well to. I soak mine every few months in hot oxiclean and give the water sensor and ultrasonic plate a good scrub with a toothbrush. 9 times out of 10 a "broken" humidifier just has mineral deposits on the water sensor.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter

That’s the kind of simple, yet important information I am looking for. Is it safe to say the same with dehumidifiers? Inside tent or inside grow room? I’m in my garage and another person suggested to dehum outside the tent as well.
BurnZ

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

That’s the kind of simple, yet important information I am looking for. Is it safe to say the same with dehumidifiers? Inside tent or inside grow room? I’m in my garage and another person suggested to dehum outside the tent as well.
BurnZ
He is right. Control the room the tent is in not the tent itself. The other important part is a good amount of air exchange I like the cloudline fans for bang for buck reasons. You can set them to adjust to temp and humidity in the tent and run variable speed.

superbudz420

superbudz420

I feel so stupid, i have had mine in my grow tent wondering why it was so difficult to control it, ive had to run mine 24/7 since i got it

R

RiverMann

I get my humidifiers at second hand stores, One called Value Village is/was my favorite store for my grow room equipment. Fan, $3-$4. humidifiers $7-$9 clip on side lights $ 3--$4 pots, hoses, Jars for curing, and on and on. New is nice but a used humidifier and CLR or bleach to clean is just as good. I know the world has stopped but if it ever gets rolling again.

Until then Amazon has them and timers to control your on off times. you could go 30 min on 30 min off with a cheap timer or get a electronic timer for more options for timing.
I am only commenting on your used equip ethos. I am so tired of the just toss it dont fix it mantra in the world. I hope you are a young person so you can carry this forward.👍

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I am only commenting on your used equip ethos. I am so tired of the just toss it dont fix it mantra in the world. I hope you are a young person so you can carry this forward.👍
Hi, no not young, I wish that was the case. Just old and cheap . 🧓😁

Top Bottom