Humidifiers

• Thread starter johnnyrex
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
johnnyrex

johnnyrex

Hello everyone I'm having a problem keeping my humidity up in the 60% I bought 2 of these sunbeam whole house humidifiers but they are not cutting it I have to fill them both 3x day and still my RH is at 45-52% not good enough.
also on DS thread I stated that I was having problem someone said that these were good
Would like to see what lots of you are running.
My room is a 10x10x7 secret jardin I run 5 1000 watt vertical lighting with a 24,000 but window ac sealed to air exchange so what do you guys think thanks The problem is that when the ac cycles on it drops my RH but it doesn't stay off long enough so my RH doesn't climb up high enough

treebark1950

treebark1950

http://www.mainlandmart.com/humidify.html

The one you linked to will fuk up your electrical in the room as the water droplets are too big, or at least that has happened to a few friends of mine that run them. We have all switched to the ones above.

I run the ultrasonic humidifier 3 disc and I use AWW with no issues because the droplet size is so small!

johnnyrex

johnnyrex

Thanks treebark for chumming in I took a look at the website and it cool by any change can you put up a pic of you humidifer I would love to see if it the big blue one or the smaller white one thanks once again

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

I would not really recommend buying anything from future garden. I know the guy who owns the site. He used to own a hydro shop by me, but he and his staff were so unreliable he of course closed down. I have spoken with him since he closed the shop and he did say he was trying to focus on the website, but I still wouldn't expect him to be anything other than flaky. As for the actual quality of the humidifier, I cannot provide any information on that. I do hope you find one that works properly and gets your room dialed in.

Just as a thought, can you set your a/c so it is off for longer periods of time? While its on run it at a cooler setting so it can remain off longer allowing your RH to get back up to an appropriate level.

WalterWhiteFire

WalterWhiteFire

Part of the problem is that your ac isnt big enough. IME Bare bulbs need 6000 btu each of A/C in a sealed room. That puts you a whole 1000w bulb over what your a/c should be handling. I too battle low rh in my bare bulb sealed room, but only the first half of the flowering cycle. Once they get big and nug up they tend to balance my RH for me. I Have bought a few home depot humidifiers with no real luck. The cheap cool mist ones, that dont reciculate thru a filter, Make a crazy mineral dust everywhere. Even with RO. If your a baller get a small water chiller and an ice box, take some load off your A/C and bump your RH. Cheap way is swamp cooler and intake/exhaust. Good Luck.

WalterWhiteFire

WalterWhiteFire

http://www.mainlandmart.com/humidify.html

The one you linked to will fuk up your electrical in the room as the water droplets are too big, or at least that has happened to a few friends of mine that run them. We have all switched to the ones above.

I run the ultrasonic humidifier 3 disc and I use AWW with no issues because the droplet size is so small!
Im getting one of these! Thanks TB! Whats AWW?

WalterWhiteFire

WalterWhiteFire

OOOHHH yeah there is another thing that helped me huge the first few dry weeks of the bloom cycle. I got a foliar feed(optic foliar) that you can spray with the lights on and can apply 3 times a week until budset. With 2 waterings a week and 3 foliar apps its a good way to get moisture in there for them.

treebark1950

treebark1950

Im getting one of these! Thanks TB! Whats AWW?

I meant to say AAW, Adjust A Wings!

I must say that this thing is working great and I am going through about 30 gallons in a 12 hour cycle and it keeps my RH right at 60 and the plants are blowing up! I now see why I haven't been hittin 2 a light because I was shocking the hell out of them during the flip!

Thanks treebark for chumming in I took a look at the website and it cool by any change can you put up a pic of you humidifer I would love to see if it the big blue one or the smaller white one thanks once again

I use the big blue one. In fact all the blue ones are the same size, the price and output depend on how many discs are in the unit. The unit is power hungry I just say, just over 10 amps for the 4 disc unit.

They make a 240v model but its runs on 50 HRz and was scared it wouldnt work properly for me...

Cheers fellows!!

deacon1503

deacon1503

get a titan eos 1 humidity controller, a smaller mag drive pump, and the centrifugal humidifier from sunlight supply. use RO water only and u should be able to have as high as 70% if ud like.

WalterWhiteFire

WalterWhiteFire

get a titan eos 1 humidity controller, a smaller mag drive pump, and the centrifugal humidifier from sunlight supply. use RO water only and u should be able to have as high as 70% if ud like.
So this controller will turn on both the pump and humidifier?

WalterWhiteFire

WalterWhiteFire

So keep a 5 gal bucket full of RO. Hook your mag drive to the huey with a hose. And as long as the huey is running the pump is running too? Do you need a valve to control the flow from the pump so you dont overfill the huey?

deacon1503

deacon1503

So keep a 5 gal bucket full of RO. Hook your mag drive to the huey with a hose. And as long as the huey is running the pump is running too? Do you need a valve to control the flow from the pump so you dont overfill the huey?

the container just needs to be large enough to be convenient for you, my hueys are fed off my RO storage drums. the hueys are 1/4" push-fittings that have an internal float switch in the bottom pan and regulate flow on their own. just don't overpower them with a too large pump.

johnnyrex

johnnyrex

Treebark I just coped the hydrofogger and it's badass but the mist comes out with wet very small droplets and I'm runnIng vertical bare bulbs I'm afraid that it might cause a hazards situation with the hit HPS bulbs any suggestions thanks

deacon1503

deacon1503

Treebark I just coped the hydrofogger and it's badass but the mist comes out with wet very small droplets and I'm runnIng vertical bare bulbs I'm afraid that it might cause a hazards situation with the hit HPS bulbs any suggestions thanks

Are you using the lid or no? The lid creates a drier mist and no lid is a wetter mist. I run vertical bare bulbs with no issues.

johnnyrex

johnnyrex

I put the lid on but I have a 10x10x7 tent 5 bare bulbs 1 in each corner and 1 in the center where do I put it

deacon1503

deacon1503

I put the lid on but I have a 10x10x7 tent 5 bare bulbs 1 in each corner and 1 in the center where do I put it

If u have an open vent u could point and shoot it through some flex ducting.

johnnyrex

johnnyrex

Put the hydrofogger outside and connect 6" ducting thought the vent port do you really think it has what it takes to keep the RH at 60% or above with my ac cycling on and off?
Also you said you have bare bulbs also what if I put it in the middle back would there be an issue if the middle bulbs gets mist slightly or put it facing on on angle would the bulbs pop or cause a fire hazard? Thanks

deacon1503

deacon1503

I have two of these hueys and 12 vert bulbs and I haven't had an issue other the the bulbs eventually get a little cloudy on the glass. but my bulbs are also 2 years old.

Top Bottom