Humidifying issue need to raise humidity

• Thread starter Skwurll
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Skwurll

Skwurll

Hey everyone. I have a 10x10 grow tent. I have not put plants of medium in my hydroponics system yet. I have attached three pictures of my setup. I have an intake and outtake fan and I fear the strong outtake fan is sapping my humidity. Could really use help and happy to answer any questions.
Humidifying issue need to raise humidity

Humidifying issue need to raise humidity 2
Humidifying issue need to raise humidity 3
Cashmeh

Cashmeh

What is your humidity levels at? Your going to be running hydro, so you most likely wont have humidity issues once you put your water in the pot and allow the airbubbles to add some humidity.

My tent stays at 50% rh while my house is at 45. I'll include pictures of my buds from today. I have less than 2 weeks of flowing left.

My point, any hydro system that requires water airration won't require a humidifier. You would be surprised how much moisture travels up through your net pot.

If you think you will have low humidity for vegging, you will be fine as long as it's above 40%.

Also give us your rh numbers.

As for you vaccum in the tent from airflow.. My tent sidewalls suck in.. It was the only way I could bring the Temps down lol.. You will be fine

I was doing what your doing, trying to raise humidity before I even started growing.. Some one told me not to even worry about it.. So I removed my humidifiers and will never use one again lol..

Reminds me of a waterchiller..totally Useless. . Lol.. But that's another topic :) sorry if there's duplicate pictures.

My tent has never seen humidity above 55 lol.. Even during veg..

Had I not grown this small king tut strain I would have pulled a lb out of this 2x4 easily. Sorry for the article too BTW lol

20210613 162602 HDR
20210613 162502
20210611 100155 HDR
20210613 162624 HDR
20210613 162632
20210611 100155 HDR
20210611 100142 HDR
Cashmeh

Cashmeh

I apologize, i was under the impression it was a rdwc system. Just seen your thread on ebb and flow. I have never done that, and I dont know how to delete comments lol. . .So yea. . my bad man. You dont run airstones, so every single word above does not apply. . .:( im a lil high haha

freezeland2

freezeland2

I apologize, i was under the impression it was a rdwc system. Just seen your thread on ebb and flow. I have never done that, and I dont know how to delete comments lol. . .So yea. . my bad man. You dont run airstones, so every single word above does not apply. . .:( im a lil high haha
Actually the reservoir of an ebb & flow should have an air stone or two in it. The surface movement of the water surface created by the air stones is where oxygenation of the water occurs.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Actually the reservoir of an ebb & flow should have an air stone or two in it. The surface movement of the water surface created by the air stones is where oxygenation of the water occurs.
Yea but he wont be blowing bubbles in the tent will he? The forcing air inside the buckets and creating bubbles and air to leave through the netpot is what I was getting at. It actually raises rh, but can only be done on a hydro system that doesnt drain, and stays full. Fall ponics really dont need airstones from my understanding due to the method you mentioned. Again, i know nothing about ebb and flow, and i plan on keeping it that way lol. . .

freezeland2

freezeland2

Yea but he wont be blowing bubbles in the tent will he? The forcing air inside the buckets and creating bubbles and air to leave through the netpot is what I was getting at. It actually raises rh, but can only be done on a hydro system that doesnt drain, and stays full. Fall ponics really dont need airstones from my understanding due to the method you mentioned. Again, i know nothing about ebb and flow, and i plan on keeping it that way lol. . .
Where the bubbles are being blown depends where the reservoir is located. He has a 10’ x 10’ tent so feasibly it could be in the tent but I’m not sure where he put it. Regardless just the act of the flood and drain cycle, plus all the moist hydroton in the tent will significantly boost his RH. He should be able to ditch the humidifiers.

Skwurll

Skwurll

Thanks for the replies guys. So here are some pics. Temperature with lights on 80 degrees, humidity 44 with one humidifier, no stones, 2 fills a day. With lights off I can easily hit 60 humidity, 72 temp. You make me feel confident about after I add the medium it will rise but I'm unsure if it will be enough. I have bought a 5100 btu AC to put in there. The lowered temps will assist with humidity right?

Skwurll

Skwurll

20210614 223736
20210614 223724
20210614 071003

Dont mind the buckets. They have been slightly moved due to a bucket tip issue I had earlier

JoryK

JoryK

Hey, do you really like exec? I’ve been growing in soil almost 30 years now, but been thinking of trying it out to see diffence in quality, taste, potency, resin, and weight.

JoryK

JoryK

Thanks for the replies guys. So here are some pics. Temperature with lights on 80 degrees, humidity 44 with one humidifier, no stones, 2 fills a day. With lights off I can easily hit 60 humidity, 72 temp. You make me feel confident about after I add the medium it will rise but I'm unsure if it will be enough. I have bought a 5100 btu AC to put in there. The lowered temps will assist with humidity right?
Buy a cool mist humidifier and a mini dehumidifier and hook them up to a humidity controller, plug them in, set your high and low eh numbers and you’ll be all set.

JoryK

JoryK

Buy a cool mist humidifier and a mini dehumidifier and hook them up to a humidity controller, plug them in, set your high and low eh numbers and you’ll be all set.sorry, I’m really high, but anyways, you’ll need a full size dehumidifier for a 10 x 10. Lol
Cheers!

Dosifry

Dosifry

Inkbird makes a inexpensive humidity controller that will run dehu and humidifier separate as needed. So you don’t need to flip a switch for either or. Both units plug into the controller at once. I don’t think you will need the humidifier once you get some foliage growth in there but in early stages if your concerned why not?
Buy a cool mist humidifier and a mini dehumidifier and hook them up to a humidity controller, plug them in, set your high and low eh numbers and you’ll be all set.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Humidity is really for clones due to not having a root system.

If you're roots are in water, you should be fine.

As for cool mist VS regular hot humidifier, I tried both.. The hot one heated up my tent, so then I went with cool mist.. Yet it never registered as an increase in rh.. It just cooled the room.

Sounds like your fine on RH. Plus the humidifiers need constant refill.. So dumb.... Just added work. Id start running the system just as it is.

Skwurll

Skwurll

Well it's an ebb and flow in Hydroton so there will be points the roots aren't in water. Still think I'm good?

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Well it's an ebb and flow in Hydroton so there will be points the roots aren't in water. Still think I'm good?
Im not an ebb expert, and I don't know how to tag aquaman lol.. He would be the one to ask.. Id pm him

Anthem

Anthem

When the plants are small you will need to add humidity to the tent. If you are on a budget try taking a couple of dishes or better yet cookie cooking sheet and fill them with water in the tent. It will help but it is does not work like a humidifier. I see humidity get in the high teens if I do not use a humidifier, doing the exact same set up as yours.

Anthem

Anthem

When the plants are small you will need to add humidity to the tent. If you are on a budget try taking a couple of dishes or better yet cookie cooking sheet and fill them with water in the tent. It will help but it is does not work like a humidifier. I see humidity get in the high teens if I do not use a humidifier, doing the exact same set up as yours.
but on a longer scale but to be honest the size does not really matter.

Top Bottom