Humidistat Options For Quest 215?

• Thread starter Surfr
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Surfr

Surfr

Just cruisin....
Supporter
Anyone know if I can use any thermostat with a quest 215? The Quest thermo is $250 and I don't feel like buying 4 of those.

Thanks!

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

Thermostat or humidistat or combination?
If you're just wanting temp control than a line voltage thermostat will work for about 30 bucks.

Surfr

Surfr

Just cruisin....
Supporter
Thanks guys! I'll go with the he Honeywell unit. The 215's aren't plug and play. They have to be controlled from a humidistat.

Natural

Natural

Thanks guys! I'll go with the he Honeywell unit. The 215's aren't plug and play. They have to be controlled from a humidistat.
Did not know that..interesting. The only 230v unit. Does it have a fan on/off button? Wouldn't hurt to put a call into Quest in the morning before ya commit to Honeywell. Would not be good if ya need more operation for fan/dryer/de-ice modes.
877-420-1330 WI

Herb Forester

Herb Forester

How about the 24v switch from a greenhouse controller?

Quantrill

Quantrill

The Quest 215 has a 24 volt transformer in it to power the control circuit. So yes a greenhouse controller with 24 volt duty switches and a dehumidifier circuit would suffice.

They initiate and terminate defrost with a t-stat on the compressors suction line, this is independent of the field wired control circuit and overrides the call for dehumidification.

For continuous operation you can simply connect the yellow control wire to the blue control wire.

Quest dual 215 wire schematic
cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
I put this in another thread but I guess I'll pop this here also. We have been using Dri-Ez LGR7000XLi's at work and the are beasts. Controller built into them :p. These are used for drying out flooded basements ect. I think these can kick it down to 20% or lower if you choose to also. They end up being around the same price (edit: not sure how much the quests are but you can grab these for about 1600 after its all said and done)
https://www.drieaz.com/DEC_Product_Base.aspx?decID=1939

Just another option out there a lot of people dont know about.

Last edited:
garlictrain

garlictrain

I put this in another thread but I guess I'll pop this here also. We have been using Dri-Ez LGR7000XLi's at work and the are beasts. Controller built into them :p. These are used for drying out flooded basements ect. I think these can kick it down to 20% or lower if you choose to also. They end up being around the same price (edit: not sure how much the quests are but you can grab these for about 1600 after its all said and done)
https://www.drieaz.com/DEC_Product_Base.aspx?decID=1939

Just another option out there a lot of people dont know about.

my shop is pushing the quest 215 for my needs and at a glance the retail for the Dri Eaz 7000 is similar to that of the quest 215, sans accessories .

where can i find the Dri Eaz 7000 @ $1,600???

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
my shop is pushing the quest 215 for my needs and at a glance the retail for the Dri Eaz 7000 is similar to that of the quest 215, sans accessories .

where can i find the Dri Eaz 7000 @ $1,600???

Local janitorial supply house

Surfr

Surfr

Just cruisin....
Supporter
Ok guys so I wired up the Honeywell humidistat per Quests directions.. The Quest turns on fine, but it doesn't shut off when I turn the humidistat to off. Does the 215's fan just constantly stay on and the compressor cycles on/off or should the 215 completely shut off when not dehumidifying?

Natural

Natural

105 has fan option for auto or on..not sure about 215..hopefully somebody can chime in that has one.
Those Dri Eaze portables have fans that never shut off..it's to prevent coils from icing up.

Natural

Natural

the proprietary controller def has a fan control option..you may be stuck with fan on only.
Listen closer to the unit..you should be able to discern the noise from the fan vs the compressor to see if that is the case

Quantrill

Quantrill

which two wires did you connect to the honeywell humidity controler?

Surfr

Surfr

Just cruisin....
Supporter
the proprietary controller def has a fan control option..you may be stuck with fan on only.
Listen closer to the unit..you should be able to discern the noise from the fan vs the compressor to see if that is the case

The unit is so quiet I can't quite tell.. lol. I'm thinking the fan just stays on. I'll get into contact with Quest today.

which two wires did you connect to the honeywell humidity controler?

I attached the yellow and the blue...

Surfr

Surfr

Just cruisin....
Supporter
I contacted the company and according the their tech it's a bad fan relay.... The fan should indeed shut off completely when not dehumidifying.

Top Bottom