Humidity and Carbon Filters

• Thread starter CharacterZero
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

CharacterZero

Does high humidity effect the carbon filter? if so what percentage of humidity starts to effect the filter?

J

Jalisco Kid

I run 70%rh most of the time and my scrubbers work just fine.JK

S

SkyHi

yes i read it does hinder the scrubbing ability if the air is too moist im not sure what the cutoff is though.

Q

Qman

They say to keep your rh @70 or below anything higher causes problems, my room stays in the 50-60 area with no problems - on the same note if I want to bring my rh down I run my scrubber (during "night" when the rh naturally rises) on a timer to bring it down...

D

Dr Herbal

Ive run over 70% and my carbs bin fine its a cheep shit thing too :)

C

CharacterZero

thanks for all the help, i would like to keep my humidity around 70%

so hopefully i will be fine

J

johnnyballbag

Premium Member
Supporter
You should be fine. I've yet to encounter a situation that carbon didn't work in.

C

CharacterZero

which carbon filter do you think i should get? the can fan looks nice. i also seen a goblin and elf charcoal filters on a site that seemed pretty good.

gonna have a 1000w hps in a 5x5 tent with an aircooled hood. the idea i had in mind is the tent itself has a 200 to 300 cfm inline fan exhausting the tent sucking the air through the carbon filter. then the light will have a 6 inch vortex inline fan cooling it. the intake will just have a 200 cfm or something to keep negative pressure. I read that your supposed to keep negative pressure but I could be wrong.

oh and sorry to go off topic lol

D

diesel

Im not sure what ure asking zero... but i would always overrate my filter and the difference between intake and outake can be anything from 5-30% i guess so depends on if u have other vents open in the tent..? but if the tent sucks in too much then ure probably straining the fan.

Oh yeah i have known some people,... to turn their fans off at night which causes the humidity to go throught the roof ( not good for mould etc) and when the turn the filters on in the morning the mositure sticks to the carbon and it takes a few minutes before it works well and smells a bit.

If ure planning on being there for a while i would always for for the higher end one from a good brand.. after all its a bit like tyres.. u pay for the mileage u get out of them ,.. cheap ones dont last... etc... and besdies taking one down is hassle for lazy people like me

peace

D

diesel

Can is a popular global brand you cant go wrong with them, dont forget to think about acoustic ducting if u want it quieter i think it costs 5 times more than normal ducting but well worth it !

C

CharacterZero

It shouldn't be to loud right? my inline will be in my attick. I live out in the middle of no where no houses around

Latest posts

Top Bottom