Humidity and Heat, only an issue during flowering?

• Thread starter Sneef
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Sneef

I am doing 1 plant in soil inside under a light (first grow in 20 years, training wheels grow going on right now).

My area is high heat (80-85f) and high humidity.

The room has a split air condition unit, 12,000 BTU

But right now the plant is maybe 1" tall, it is maybe 10 days old.

At what point does a farmer need to worry about heat and humidity levels for a plant? Is it only during flowering that humidity becomes an issue? I know also during drying it is an issue, but for now i am focusing on the initial grow ... should i have that A/C unit blasting from now, or turn it on later?

Gangaman

Gangaman

I usually keep my temps about the same for both veg and flowering, I only modulate humidity slightly higher during veg (say 60-65%) and slightly lower during flower (50-55%). Not that 80-85 will kill her but it about as high as I would let it go and doesn't leave any room for flux. I'd say set your A/C to 75 and get a hygrometer to make sure you're not getting below 60% Rh for germination/veg. hope this helps.

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

Good advice ^^^^^ 60% than cut back last 2 weeks to 45 if you like. 85 is too hot bro no more than 80 in flower unless your using CO2 than 85 is right on. You might want to google Vapour pressure deflict

what size light you using?

Peace and welcome back to growing

Peace

Top Bottom