Humidity control for a gorilla 5 foot tent

• Thread starter Ducati
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Ducati

What size dehumidifier would you recommend for a gorilla 5 foot square tent bearing in mind i would like to achieve 30-35% humidity for the last 3 weeks of flowering.
Cheers

D

DougV

Is the tent in an AC controlled space? If not heat may be a problem with a dehumidifier in the tent. If it is in a climate control space ventilation alone may be adequate.

The little ones for small spaces don’t work well, especially if your tent is ventilated. They also have to be emptied frequently and naturally fill up, and stop working at the worst possible time. Finally you should be exchanging air pretty frequently, you need on large enough to overcome this. But of course one large enough puts out more heat and enough to create it’s own problems.

My tent is in an uncontrolled environment in a barn. The only time I can use a dehumidifier is during the winter then I only need it on rainy days. I shut down flowering indoors in the summer, I can’t overcome the heat.

Having said that, I use a 50 pint dehumidifier with an active pump for drainage. It allows me to run a line to the outside to drain the thing, or collect the water if desired. That’s in a 8x8 tent. Smallest unit I see with a passive drain is 30 pint. I’ve switched from a passive negative pressure ventilation system to a positive pressure active system that moves a lot more air. Excepting winter I have difficulty keeping humidity below 40%, but with good air exchange that seems to work.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
@Ducati - What is the ambient humidity where the tent is located?

D

Ducati

Is the tent in an AC controlled space? If not heat may be a problem with a dehumidifier in the tent. If it is in a climate control space ventilation alone may be adequate.

The little ones for small spaces don’t work well, especially if your tent is ventilated. They also have to be emptied frequently and naturally fill up, and stop working at the worst possible time. Finally you should be exchanging air pretty frequently, you need on large enough to overcome this. But of course one large enough puts out more heat and enough to create it’s own problems.

My tent is in an uncontrolled environment in a barn. The only time I can use a dehumidifier is during the winter then I only need it on rainy days. I shut down flowering indoors in the summer, I can’t overcome the heat.

Having said that, I use a 50 pint dehumidifier with an active pump for drainage. It allows me to run a line to the outside to drain the thing, or collect the water if desired. That’s in a 8x8 tent. Smallest unit I see with a passive drain is 30 pint. I’ve switched from a passive negative pressure ventilation system to a positive pressure active system that moves a lot more air. Excepting winter I have difficulty keeping humidity below 40%, but with good air exchange that seems to work.
It’s in an air conditioned room. Thank you

D

DougV

In that case, get the dehumidifier for the room it’s in. Do you have a ventilation system? If not get one. Get a carbon filter if odors are a problem. Depending on tent size you can put filter and exhaust fan outside the tent. You need to exchange your cool dry room air with your tents warmer moisture air. This assumes no CO2 system.

D

Ducati

In that case, get the dehumidifier for the room it’s in. Do you have a ventilation system? If not get one. Get a carbon filter if odors are a problem. Depending on tent size you can put filter and exhaust fan outside the tent. You need to exchange your cool dry room air with your tents warmer moisture air. This assumes no CO2 system.
Yes have ac infinity ventilation including carbon filter, lumatek 600w led light. No co2, only 3 grows so far so learning how to produce best quality. Thank you & for sharing your knowledge, much appreciated 👍

Grower1974

Grower1974

You don’t need as low as 30-35% in flower. 40-55% with proper airflow is all you need.

A 50 pint dehumidifier in the grow room to fine tune a 5-7% RH window of operation. Get a Frigidaire. Best dehumidifers made.

D

Ducati

Apple Betty
IMG 2900

IMG 2901
IMG 2902

Latest posts

Top Bottom