Humidity Controller

• Thread starter Aloha4dayz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
simonkay

simonkay

I just got the ihc 200 controller and did a simple "wet salt in jar" test to see if it hit 75% and it was 0.3 over so adjusted on calibration setting. But 2 days later showed big swing compared to my hygrometer so I checked again today with the wet salt test and its now showing 80% so 5 over. Can anyone help me figure a way to keep it accurate. I had it hanging at about 5ft height and 2 ft away from direct light, i dont understand how the accuracy went from 0.3+ > 5% in just 2 days

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I just got the ihc 200 controller and did a simple "wet salt in jar" test to see if it hit 75% and it was 0.3 over so adjusted on calibration setting. But 2 days later showed big swing compared to my hygrometer so I checked again today with the wet salt test and its now showing 80% so 5 over. Can anyone help me figure a way to keep it accurate. I had it hanging at about 5ft height and 2 ft away from direct light, i dont understand how the accuracy went from 0.3+ > 5% in just 2 days
Make sure you do it at i think 23-25c and let it stabilize for hours before reading

simonkay

simonkay

Make sure you do it at i think 23-25c and let it stabilize for hours before reading
Thanks man im currently at 24-25 now been here for 45mins will give it another hour at least. Hopefully i don't have to do this weekly but I think the 1st time i did it the temp was 26-27 so hopefully this one is more accurate. Any reason it drifts after calibrating?
IMG 20230321 120017

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Thanks man im currently at 24-25 now been here for 45mins will give it another hour at least. Hopefully i don't have to do this weekly but I think the 1st time i did it the temp was 26-27 so hopefully this one is more accurate. Any reason it drifts after calibrating?View attachment 1342978
Could be the probe… but id give it a while to see if there really is an issue. Most times its just something we did

Latest posts

Top Bottom