humidity dome outside?

• Thread starter 420fishin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

420fishin

Could I put humidity dome with clones out in the sun? Mid 70's outside going into the 80's this week. or is this too much?

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
you want to harden off clones going outside

put them in a halfway shaded spot for a few days before you put them in direct sun

using a humid dome is just going to prolong hardening off

Blaze

Blaze

^^^ Agreed - direct sun will fry little clones and anything that is still too small or fickle to live w/o a humidity dome should not be going outside anyway. Also if they are literally clones, and not even rooted, don't put them outside yet. They need a bit of a root ball to handle the stress of an outdoor environment, and to be hardened off.

F

Farmer Jon

Premium Member
Supporter
I have rooted clones at an outdoor flowering plot using a humadome with rockwool under a shade tree as well as plastic bottles filled with river water (about 40% success)...not the best place to root cuttings but it was better than hiking out a sack of branches at the time (10 years ago+) and I managed to save some nice strains.
:bow (true story)
FJ

L

LUDACRIS.

Could I put humidity dome with clones out in the sun? Mid 70's outside going into the 80's this week. or is this too much?

Yes no problem. Just open the dome for an hour each day and they will be fine. I do clones all the time in a propogator with a humidity dome and get great results. Your temps are fine and a dome will help get that humidity up.

CHRIS.
:)

L

LBZ Farmer

Clones barely need any light, as it is... I run only 14 watts of LED and mine sprout roots like crazy.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
^^^ word - some of my harder to root strains root better off to the side of the light

Latest posts

Top Bottom