Humidity during flowering all over the place

• Thread starter azbassist
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

azbassist

I'm going into my 2nd week of flowering. I hadn't checked my humidity in a week because I'm in Arizona and high humidity isn't usually a problem. I checked my app today and noticed over the past week it's been averaging 60% with the low at 53% and highest 68%. I've read I'm supposed to keep it between 40-50% but also read 60% is OK from a different source. I put my dehumidifier in the room today and got it down to 50% quickly. My 2 problems with the dehumidifier is that it gets the room pretty hot - went from 76 to 80 degrees in 30 minutes. The 2nd is the LED lights. I put tape over but it still bleeds out a bit. My gut is telling me not to run it overnight as I should be letting the room temp get down a few degrees. I am considering dropping $299 on a Govee so I can control with an app and turn the LED's off, but don't want to drop the money unless I really need to. I am thinking a sound solution may be running the dehumidifier for an hour a day if the RH is riding high, then turn it off overnight. Am I asking for problems by doing this? I guess my biggest question is can I let the RH top out at 70% for a few minutes a day if the average is 60% in a 24 hour cycle?

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
I've read I'm supposed to keep it between 40-50% but also read 60% is OK from a different source.
Some growers keep it low to avoid mold and mildew. I don't think it needs to be below 50% though. I set my humidity in the 53% to 57% range. It's good to watch the VPD.

I believe most air conditioners are set to keep the humidity near 50%. Our does, so I have humidifiers in my tents just to raise the humidity a few percent.

Pinkharpie18

Pinkharpie18

My first grow my humidity was quite high but made sure the airflow was good and no condensation during lights out.
I implemented a dehumidifier during lights out to keep the humidity lower when the buds were thickening up (getting paranoid about bud rot).
The buds themselves cure around 60% so for me that range would be ideal. I had no bud rot or molds. I've only finished one grow though so take what I say with a grain of salt lol.

BB22

BB22

In the summer months, I battle heat and humidity, big time.

A window air-conditioning unit allows me to grow indoors. It removes humidity and lowers temp…….

Runs up the Electric bill too tho 🤷‍♂️🤓

Top Bottom