humidity help

• Thread starter fishcabo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

fishcabo

I have what appears to be a powdery mildew problem. Temp 70, rh 55-59%. Some plants (strains) have it, some don't. Obviously, I won't use the mildew prone plants in the winter again. There is some spotting on some leaves but not overblown. It appeared to be gaining on me. I just sprayed seranade for the 1st time at lights out. I have a 6 inch exhaust in a 4' x 4' hut with hydro running. I thought of adding a dehumidifier but I am just exhausting that air outside. Seems like they won't do enough since I am going through 2 gallons plus per day of water for all the plants. I could raise the home temp 5 degrees which in turn would lower the humidity say ten percent. I could turn up the reostat on the fan to exhaust more. I could slow the exhaust fan to raise the temp which would lower the humidity. Or I could just sit tight and fight the powdery mildew with seranade alternating with 10% milk or baking soda. What would you do. Thanks for any help.

F

fishcabo

So Been, should i raise them temp in our home AND slow down the exhaust??

20north

clean/ tiddy room?

first off i hope everything is clean, clean, clean. no junk tumbling around in your room 24/7

you can get this that will really help more than any funky spray you can mix up do not spray a sulfur mixture on your plants directly if you want to ever flower them with a good yield... seriously

get that air flow up around your plants get them moving dont let the spores land!! thats key!!

the pm is in the plant its running through the stems so you can only expect its on every single thing in your house just in different concentrations its in every plant most likely in your tent too with out a doubt if its a linked up hydro system the pm cant just be handled from the outside

adding silica a nutrient alot of growers seem to leave out most likely because it base so it brings you ph up a little bit but makes your stems bigger and also fights off the pm i could get more in to it but :mad0223:

add the dehumidifer to bring up the temps and lower your humidity so the powdery mildew cant grow very fast ... i would cut the peices that look infected off by covering it in a plastic bag first!

2 gallons of what? water? thats very little

use a little heater or use a dehumidifer they both give off heat just one lowers humidity and thats a plus
how worth it to you is it to have have a mold free crop? the dehumidifer works no matter what if its big enough and if you didnt buy a 50 dollar unit or something

sulfur vaporizers are really good
svaporizer.jpg

if you are in the first week of flower you can use it up to like day 15 with 60 day strains and 19 days with 70 day strains ... i use it up to day 24 but thats me.. i also have buddies who run this all the time but just a tiny bit at a very low bubble because your melting the sulfur .. you can use these in tents ive done it

you can get away with 27c and 45% just make sure your light bulb is new when you start 12/12 :mad0223:

that should be good

peace & love..

oh bring the temp up in your house just a couple i would run your plants at 25c:music

P

pharmaseed

if worst comes to worst try some copper ive never had pm but it kicks rust ass ! and hear it does the same to pm

F

fishcabo

Thanks everyone for your advice. I really don't want to go out and buy a dehumidifier that i am only going to use for the next four weeks then never again because I will only grow pm resistant strains in the winter cycle in the future. I will raise the temps by raising the temp in my house a little and get some of the green cure product. I am just trying to control this stuff until I harvest. In addition, i will increase circulation.

Top Bottom