Humidity in flowering

• Thread starter Matour420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Matour420

Matour420

Good day guys first time grower here, I did switch to flowering couple days ago, did read that I should keep my humidity 50 and below, mine is between 60-70, I have a good air flow thought. Will that effect my babies? I cannot buy a dehumidifier at the moment since it's lockdown. Any suggestions? Thanks

Donjonbow

Donjonbow

Should be okay for now as the buds wont swell and get thick yet but i would definitely get one soon to keep it below 55

jaguarlax

jaguarlax

Supporter
Good day guys first time grower here, I did switch to flowering couple days ago, did read that I should keep my humidity 50 and below, mine is between 60-70, I have a good air flow thought. Will that effect my babies? I cannot buy a dehumidifier at the moment since it's lockdown. Any suggestions? Thanks
how big is your room? I just had two of these delivered in less than a week on amazon prime.
https://www.amazon.com/Dehumidifier...9Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Brotofsky

Brotofsky

Sounds a bit high. I’d be sure to have solid airflow over and under the canopy. Happy growing.

Anthem

Anthem

how big is your room? I just had two of these delivered in less than a week on amazon prime.

https://www.amazon.com/Dehumidifier...9Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Well it looks like the Chinese are at it again. Now they are changing the way to measure the water removal for dehumifiers. So the amazon information is in OZ. Typical is pints. I think the add said it will remove like 17 OZ a day. That is right at 1 pint. It might work for 1 plant maybe 2 but that is about it.

jaguarlax

jaguarlax

Supporter
Well it looks like the Chinese are at it again. Now they are changing the way to measure the water removal for dehumifiers. So the amazon information is in OZ. Typical is pints. I think the add said it will remove like 17 OZ a day. That is right at 1 pint. It might work for 1 plant maybe 2 but that is about it.
HA yea I think read that too.. 17oz a day more like 17mL... they do work though

SmokerBwah

SmokerBwah

You will get white powder mildew without dehumidifier. So make sure to get hydrogen peroxide. Dilute it with water and spray off the white powdery mildew. Do it once a week cuz you will get a lot of it. Even when trimming the completed product you can spray off the PM with the spray. Frys it right off ! And doesn’t hurt the product it’s natural

growsince79

growsince79

Does your exhaust blow outside. If so, then a dehumidifier won't help much. If you're just blowing it out of the tent into the room-stop it needs to go outside.

Anthem

Anthem

Does your exhaust blow outside. If so, then a dehumidifier won't help much. If you're just blowing it out of the tent into the room-stop it needs to go outside.
Blowing it back into the room works fine. I have been doing it for years. Just have to have enough dehumidification. Plus it is pretty hard to keep the CO2 at 1500 PPMs if you are blowing it out the window.

growsince79

growsince79

Blowing it back into the room works fine. I have been doing it for years. Just have to have enough dehumidification. Plus it is pretty hard to keep the CO2 at 1500 PPMs if you are blowing it out the window.
The OP said he can't get a dehumidifier. He never said anything about CO2. Just vent outside problem solved.

growsince79

growsince79

Looking at dehumidifiers it appears that a decent one uses more power than my lights.

Anthem

Anthem

Looking at dehumidifiers it appears that a decent one uses more power than my lights.
Dehumidifiers do use power to remove the water from the air. Secondly, they will raise the temperature because of the process used to remove the water from the air.
A small 30 pinter uses like 420 watts. How many watts does your light use and what size is your grow area?

SmokerBwah

SmokerBwah

If using co2 do not vent. Why waste good co2! Find way to keep temp and humidity stable and keep sealed not vented.

growsince79

growsince79

Dehumidifiers do use power to remove the water from the air. Secondly, they will raise the temperature because of the process used to remove the water from the air.
A small 30 pinter uses like 420 watts. How many watts does your light use and what size is your grow area?
I use 300w in a 2 x 4 closet vented outside. No need for CO2 or a dehumidifier.

growsince79

growsince79

Just and FYI, CO2 is probably the cheapest way to increase yield if you have correct lighting and enviroment.
That may be true, but I don't need to increase my yield or my electric bill.

Top Bottom