Humidity is killing me. What do I need?

• Thread starter juggernaut
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
juggernaut

juggernaut

I have a 10x20' room with a 30 pint dehumidifier and RH is over 70%.
I'm looking at a 50 pint or bigger.
Can anyone point me in the right direction?

bonkia

bonkia

I'd set up a 2nd one on a light timer run it in the dark along with that one that's what I do.

K

kushtrees

If your filling a room that size with plants you will probably want a 70-100 pint dehumidifier. Santa Fe makes a great ones but they aren't cheap

ttystikk

ttystikk

I bought a 70 pint dehuey from panasonic; the only way I can get it to run at capacity is to set up a continuous drain for it. That's what made it work for me.

K

kushsmoker30

If your filling a room that size with plants you will probably want a 70-100 pint dehumidifier. Santa Fe makes a great ones but they aren't cheap

exactly x2^

if i had a 10x20 i would deff look into 1 of those

bonkia

bonkia

exactly x2^

if i had a 10x20 i would deff look into 1 of those

IMO huge waste of money and pulling alot of power when the rest if the room is on? My humble opinion and what works for me. Keep the one you have put it on one side of the room, buy a new one have it pull the most humidity when the lights are off. Should solve your problem.

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
low grain refrigerant dehum, will draw half the power of the others and will actually work. Dri-eez, 1500$ and your done, spend less and expect a fight...

bonkia

bonkia

I have 60 7x3 plants in 10 gallon pots in a 20 x 12 x 10 and I do just fine if you have $1500 to drop get it done. If it pays for itself in the long run then its worth it. I can't afford to lose all that space for a monster unit.

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
I have 60 7x3 plants in 10 gallon pots in a 20 x 12 x 10 and I do just fine if you have $1500 to drop get it done. If it pays for itself in the long run then its worth it. I can't afford to lose all that space for a monster unit.
it runs less than 5 amps. works over twice as well as any other dehum besides santa fe's and the like. Isn't that big and is on wheels, has a pump to purge it as well. If you have a 10x20 room it isn't big at all, it's just the right size. And if you live in a moist climate, it works. Good luck with a panasonic or 2-300 dehum in winter in a rain forest...

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
it's not really any bigger of a footprint than the other lower priced dehums, it's just taller and works no matter the temperature and with the self pumping of the water it's the best one on the market . imo

bonkia

bonkia

I've onl
it's not really any bigger of a footprint than the other lower priced dehums, it's just taller and works no matter the temperature and with the self pumping of the water it's the best one on the market . imo

I've only seen monsters at the grow stores. So i guess i dont know the dehu your talking about ill look into them I live under the redwoods. I get 3 hrs a day of light if I'm lucky.

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
I've onl

I've only seen monsters at the grow stores. So i guess i dont know the dehu your talking about ill look into them I live under the redwoods. I get 3 hrs a day of light if I'm lucky.
I mean it's big but overall it's just much taller and a bit wider than the kenmores, sunpentown(spt), and other smaller ones(40-70)pint. It's blue and gray with nice wheels. It is overkill for a lot of folks but if you have moisture issues and the cold sits in good for winter the little dehums barely do the job and draw a ton of power. The dri-eez or whatever it's called is the most energy efficient as at all temperatures your getting the same performance versus smaller dehums(even the 45degree low temp sears one) don't work efficiently at lower temps, they draw the same amount of power and give you less performance.

bonkia

bonkia

Ta
I mean it's big but overall it's just much taller and a bit wider than the kenmores, sunpentown(spt), and other smaller ones(40-70)pint. It's blue and gray with nice wheels. It is overkill for a lot of folks but if you have moisture issues and the cold sits in good for winter the little dehums barely do the job and draw a ton of power. The dri-eez or whatever it's called is the most energy efficient as at all temperatures your getting the same performance versus smaller dehums(even the 45degree low temp sears one) don't work efficiently at lower temps, they draw the same amount of power and give you less performance.

Nice yah for me and my situation I would be willing to invest In a unit that would save me money over time the smaller dehus I just hang them on the walls. If I have room next winter I might do that.

juggernaut

juggernaut

Hey Baba will the 5 amp LGR be big enough for me.My room is 10x20x10 and \with a 30 pint RH was over 60% sometimes hitting RH70%.
http://www.drieaz.com/_DEC/DEC_Product_Base.aspx?decID=1060
Thanks

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
it will be more than enough...it's what you'd actually use to restore a flooded house. It's low energy draw, fairly small just kinda taller but has those bad ass wheels! Self purging pump with 40 or 50' line included. Cleanable electrostatic filter...the bees knees. It can run a 12 lighter no problem...

kushluvr

kushluvr

u need 2 70 pint dehueys on continuous mode!

i have 2 room just a few feet bigger and i run 2 in each room, or buy a commercial dehuey!

kushluvr

kushluvr

i only run them at night only and it brings the rh down below 60 on average........

bonkia

bonkia

Day 1 sill need to put in my co2 burner... Thinking about hanging it... Well see

K

kushsmoker30

wait $1800?....check this out

if it does not come up google "santa fe dehumidifiers"

a 70 pint is like $1200 n if i remenber correctly u can hook them up to ducting for more even moister removing

Top Bottom