Humidity Issues

• Thread starter Bones69
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bones69

Bones69

hello there,
I always have an issue this time of year with ultra low humidity do to forced air heat but this year I can't seem to get above 20%rh. I added a humidifier last night and did manage to get to 30% but still off by another 20%.
Do you think having a extraction fan on is sucking out my humidity? Should I set the fan to go off a couple of hours a day to build up the humidity? I know when my plants start getting more leave's This will help raise th rh but things are real dry!!!
Thanks

H

happy b

Well it really depends . will your grow room temps rocket up if you switch off the fan?maybe put it on a segmented timer,15 mins on 15 mins off?if your plants are just seedlings they will give off alot more moisture once they get a bit bigger . funny how we have the same problem but at opposite ends.

Bones69

Bones69

well my room will go up to 82 to 84 degrees but what sucks is I have someone coming over and my room is a hidden room so it is all sealed up so I can't really check until he is gone. I have my plants on a 18/6 veg period and lights off are from 6 am to 12 pm
During this time the rh in the dark reaches up to 40% but once everything goes on it drops fast!

Bones69

Bones69

I did set the fan on a seperate timer but off for like 2 hours on for 2 but I also have 3 small fans blowing to keep the breeze going

H

happy b

This may sound silly but Have you tried sitting a small bowl of water some were in the room?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I think a bowl of water won't quite have enough surface area to make much of a difference. Surface area is key.
hello there,
I always have an issue this time of year with ultra low humidity do to forced air heat but this year I can't seem to get above 20%rh. I added a humidifier last night and did manage to get to 30% but still off by another 20%.
Do you think having a extraction fan on is sucking out my humidity? Should I set the fan to go off a couple of hours a day to build up the humidity? I know when my plants start getting more leave's This will help raise th rh but things are real dry!!!
Thanks
Yes, I think you're extracting the humidity. I'd keep it off if it's not needed to keep things cooled down.

Bones69

Bones69

This may sound silly but Have you tried sitting a small bowl of water some were in the room?
I actually did try and did not do to well but I have it close to 40 now I just have to shut my extraction fan off a few times a day but I really need to get a speed adjuster for my fan. I bought and active air shit last grow and it only lasted 1 grow.

Mr.7thson

Mr.7thson

I live in the desert so my humidity level is very low.Right now it is sitting at 12%,lights out.Lights on,around 9 to 10%.I've never had a problem in veg or in flower.I don't even try to raise the humidity.I just go with it and it seams to work for me.

Bones69

Bones69

How bigs the room? Can you run it sealed?
The Room is 10' by 5'. The room can be sealed so i just run a small humidifier and seems to be working better. Last year I did not have such a bad problem but the leaves are getting larger and this should also help raise the humidity

Bones69

Bones69

I live in the desert so my humidity level is very low.Right now it is sitting at 12%,lights out.Lights on,around 9 to 10%.I've never had a problem in veg or in flower.I don't even try to raise the humidity.I just go with it and it seams to work for me.
LMAO! That is dry! Plants don't seem to be stressing at all and I am probably worring for nothing. I am gonna start a journal and ask this question and see what ohers think. I am new here so I have been browsing around the forums and I must say there is plenty of talent!!!

Bones69

Bones69

Forced air heat runs through that room which Ithe never gave me a problem before but I think my extraction fan is sucking out the humidity. The reason why I think this is last year I bought a speed control for my fan and I never had to keep it on full throttle until flower but that shot broke after 1 grow so I'm guessing the fan is the issue and I need to have it on to pull out the hot air so gonna go to the shop this week and pick up another. When the fan is off the humidifier runs and gets it to 40% but when fan comes back on that's it. Either way my leaves are growing and this will help add to the humidity. Summer times never a problem.

Top Bottom