Humidity issuse too low

• Thread starter Veganfeeder
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
V

Veganfeeder

I hav been struggling wit my humdity low in the 30s for weeks...got into 60s the for a week plants came back for a day than humidstata broke...(cheap htg junk) lower humidity to 49-42 back to same problems as before ...why..

V

Veganfeeder

I was lead to believe that 40-80everything was and an acceptable range...

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Oh, no, that's not correct. Vapor pressure deficit is the relation between humidity and temperature, and that's the basis of how plants transport water and food through their tissues as they photosynthesize, breathe, grow, etc. I personally find that, for indoors, 40% is far too low, I like it much better in the mid 60s-70s on up. But then, I grow mostly Sativa-dominant lines that like that RH. That said, the Afghani-doms seem to like it plenty good, too. Not necessarily a long time in the 90s range, but if it occasionally wanders up there I haven't found ill effect. I know others have, of course.

In order to better understand what's going on, you need to understand what vapor pressure deficit is. Look up @ttystikk 's stuff.

V

Veganfeeder

Was i mislead...do i have to maintain this 60% at all times.?..why if the guy who gave me said clones... run his at 43%...i am the one wit the problems?....please understand i am not new have always around 20 30 40 plants now I'm stuck here in Michigan with a 12 platinum at this....lost my strain i hav been running for 6yrs...now i feel like a newbie who cant even get a plant to grow...

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
It depends on the temperature of the room, not just humidity. In my experience cannabis responds better to higher RH levels. I can't speak to your source, what you're running, your conditions or anything like that, only that I personally have had both fewer problems and better results when getting the relative humidity higher in my room as compared to when it's dry. Outside I don't have the same issues at all, just keep 'em sufficiently watered and fed and they will grow.

If you've been running the same thing for that long, though, maybe you do have to go back to basics, so to speak. I know it's happened to me in other areas, plenty of times. Killed more than my fair of fish by not paying closer attention to some basics!

V

Veganfeeder

Was i mislead...do i have to maintain this 60% at all times.?..why if the guy who gave me said clones... run his at 43%...i am the one wit the problems?....please understand i am not new have always around 20 30 40 plants now I'm stuck here in Michigan with a 12 platinum at this....lost my strain i hav been running for 6yrs...now i feel like a newbie who cant even get a plant to grow...

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Dude wait what

V

Veganfeeder

Yeah i check this out before ...and read all the blow back that it caused...

V

Veganfeeder

Ok...so bare wit me for a moment... everybody humidifier I would pump that much energy into my room look dissipate.?.. should I exhaust every 10-15 minutes???...should i seal up room??...

V

Veganfeeder

Try to use my voice recognition...and missing a few things...

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Hopefully you've got a better idea of what I/we was/were talking about? :D Get your grow on!

V

Veganfeeder

Yes i do...and i can say that i was able to to keep it in the high 60s- humidity ... temps in low 70s... and hav seen some positive response...now i just need to maintain thesr numbers.Maybe u can recommend a good humidifier. Would a warm mist humidifier hav a negative effect on my plants...only way (dont right now).. to keep humidity at that level.

Latest posts

Top Bottom