Humidity Spike When Lights Off

• Thread starter JewelRunner
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JewelRunner

JewelRunner

Hello all, wondering if any of you have suggestions for keeping humidity levels normal when lights go out? I'm growing in a 4×4 tent with two plants and a 600 watt hps. I have a oscillating fan and exhaust fan running while lights are on. Oscillating fan stays on 24-7 and exhaust turns off when lights do. Is simply running the exhaust fan while lights off help? Or do I need a dehumidifier? Bought a coup less moisture absorbers from store just to try something out before I invest some more $$

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Hello all, wondering if any of you have suggestions for keeping humidity levels normal when lights go out? I'm growing in a 4×4 tent with two plants and a 600 watt hps. I have a oscillating fan and exhaust fan running while lights are on. Oscillating fan stays on 24-7 and exhaust turns off when lights do. Is simply running the exhaust fan while lights off help? Or do I need a dehumidifier? Bought a coup less moisture absorbers from store just to try something out before I invest some more $$

I think easiest way would be to have your fan idling during lights off. If humidity spike is your concern.

My fan controller has day/night modes so I can have different settings between "day phase" & "night phase".

If humidity spike was my problem I'd set it to idle during the "night phase".

I'm assuming you have just a simple speed controller for your fan?
Possibly hooked to the timer that controls your lights as well?

Your option if just using a speed controller on a timer. Is to take it off the (assumed timer) and manually adjust it everyday when transitioning from night to day and back to night.

I'd suggest getting a titan controls mercury 4.
It does all the work for you.

Just make sure your ventillation fan is not a multi-phase fan. Or else it won't control it. Needs to speed controllable as well.

And alternatively if you have no speed controller.
The mercury 4 would save you the hassle of buying a 2nd one later when you want more options.
Costing more up front.
&
Saving you money in the long run

Last edited:
Top Bottom