Madman
Holland's Hope
Strawberry Cough
Jack the Ripper
Warlock
Green Crack
Ice
White Widow

With everything running (24/7), my temp is between 78-80deg but my humidity is around the High 30's. That's too low. The Humidifier is set to constant (full blast 24/7). I have the three lower velcro vents open to allow for more cool air to come in. The light hangs about 3 feet from the tops of the plants right now and my roommate is experimenting with combination's of everything too see if she can get that humidity up.

When I was running CFL's, it was very easy to keep the humidity at the proper levels. I did not run an exhaust fan, I just opened up a port on the ceiling of the GrowLab and achieving the optimum temp and humidity was very easy. Now though, it seems that either the HID light is evaporating the humidity too fast, or the humidity is just escaping out of the tent via the velcro ports. My roommate says that she can get the humidity up by spraying the walls of the tent or putting a wet towel in front of the intake ducting (the intake duct is pointing at an AC set for 67deg).

Is it possible that the dry air from the AC is lowering the humidity in the tent? Perhaps the Vortec fan running full speed (even though I have a speed controller) is just too powerful and is sucking all the air (humid or not) out of the tent too quickly? Since I'm at optimum temp, I'm frustrated about changing the configuration because it seems that it will cause the temp to spike up...

This my first grow, ya I'm a noob. But thanks to this site and and all that I've read from the posters, especially the Senior Growers, I've received ALLOT of info! All opinions appreciated and welcome :).

Thanks in advance.

stickyicky

stickyicky

The ac is pulling moisture from the air along w/ the HID bulb. Your exhaust fan is pulling out any moisture attributed to the humidifier.

This IMO is not a problem. I would not change anything if I were you. Like you said, your temps are good and when you switch to flower you don't want humidity.

Good Luck

R

Radio_Dread

yeah 30% wont really cause to many problems that i can think of off hand

G

GroHi

What are the problems w running low humidity? I'm in the 30's & just don't see any issues...? Veg & flowering...

P

Pandaman

Wow! Ok! Thanks Guys! To tell you the truth, I've spent sooo much time researching growing, that I've forgotten where I picked any of it up lol!

I knew that lower humidity was the way to go for flowering, but somewhere I got the idea that humidity was to be in the 55%RH range for vegging. But if what I am doing right now is fine, then WhooHoo!

Now I just need to work on getting the light lower to the plants without increasing the temp on the leaves :).

Thanks again guys! My Plants Thank You!

http://img52.invalid.com/img52/5569/dsc04416sm.jpg

JayBee

JayBee

International Toker
Supporter
Deff because of the a/c. Turn it up or off to get rh up. But like all said probably not an issue. 55rh may be ideal, but 30rh is probably ok (for veg).

messing with wet towels and spraying walls probably gonna cause more problems than they will solve.

jb

stickyicky

stickyicky

You do appear to have significant yellowing going on. Are you using reverse osmosis water?

P

Pandaman

Thanks JayBee, ya, I don't think were going to go that far for a few %'s of RH. Glad to know that it's at an ok level.

stickyicky, were using Distilled Water in the Humidifier and Mineral Water for watering. The yellowing that you see are from clones bought from a Dispensary. The four fluffy plants are ones given to me from a friend out of his garden. I kinda figured that clones in a store were abused and neglected so I expected a bit of yellowing.

Thanks Aussie, I think with a little tweaking we can get the humidity up another 5% or so and I'd be happy with that.

Thanks for all the help!

Latest posts

Top Bottom