Humidity & VPD question, Help Wanted

• Thread starter Ph 007
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Johnlandy420

Johnlandy420

Supporter
In optimal theory you’d like to lower rH heading into flower for multiple reasons. One being fungus but also a lower rH is asking your plants to transpire more or work harder. This is only significant if you are managing everything else well in order to gain from the “extra work”. As others said, excellent airflow can solve high rH in bloom.

Ph 007

Ph 007

Hi there, sorry if I'm over looking this pal, are you running your extraction full time? Just saying as this can lower rh only if your lung room is obviously at a lower rh, I understand that this will also lower temps in turn needing the heater to activate ££.. what heater are you using? I had a simular issue but luckily for me it was the need to raise rh (humidifier) obviously less costly. I kept my rh more stable and my heating cost down by running my extraction at intervals on a timer...
Ye mate extractor on 24-7 passive intake, expat out passive venta in
Ye it's tricky to try get rh good with sucking air in as I
Outside air affect it, I have got my room better
I got the idel on 50% to lower it nd more heat it's working pretty food now I got rh 55-58 lights on
Lights off 50-55

Also I found running dehumidfer on a inkbird was good running it it to go on and off around 81-82f

Ph 007

Ph 007

60-65% humidity is fine with good airflow.. if you don't have that keep the humidity lower..looks like alot of foliage...keep yours lower.
I De-leafed yesterday :)
Looking good best coco grow if had to date, I went from soil to coco and had a few bad grows now mastered it nearly :)
20230121 191054
20230121 190950
20230121 190946
20230121 190942
20230121 191101
20230121 190917
20230121 190914
20230121 190906
20230121 190925

Ph 007

Ph 007

My experience with high humidity is limited since I live in a desert but I have been making LAB from rice and using an appropriate dose as a foliar spray with some Recharge in veg and early to mid flower. With this and proper airflow do you need to worry as much with high humidity?
LAB?

Ph 007

Ph 007

Let’s forget about the numbers for a minute so you don’t go mental lol.

Are you in the UK? What’s the cleanliness/ natural mold situation in your growspace?

What strain is this? Ever grown it?

Got any other stresses going on?

You planning to defoliate?

Got good air movement?

Growers get away with high rh all the time. It probably is not worth the electricity to fight it too much more than you are unless the result is gonna be botrytis bud rot or PM. If the plant is healthy and at all fungus resistant just get it as low as you can. If you have history with fungus you may need to do better.
If grown in high rh for years are in the UK, with hps and led :)
Summer bits 70-80%
But now with led I got more control now :) and just trying to get the best i can in vpd

Strain is called critical , by royal queen seeds, always changing I am

And I De-leafed yesterday end of week 3 flower

Every grow I bleach the tent down
Dibt get mold much and it's very little if I do, I got good air flow these days:)

Rusty74

Rusty74

Ye mate extractor on 24-7 passive intake, expat out passive venta in
Ye it's tricky to try get rh good with sucking air in as I
Outside air affect it, I have got my room better
I got the idel on 50% to lower it nd more heat it's working pretty food now I got rh 55-58 lights on
Lights off 50-55

Also I found running dehumidfer on a inkbird was good running it it to go on and off around 81-82f
Sweet, glad you're sorted, yeh inkbirds help alot, got two myself turning my oil rad on and off and one for my humidifier & dehumidifier.

Madmax

Madmax

Same here

I need no extractor fan idel high 24-7 40-50%
And try to keep the heat up And the fan comes in a lot then this keep a my rh 59-62%
Night is fine 52-58%
When I'm at sweet spot for temps my rh can rise quick so I purposely set my heater a tad hotter so fan comes on full most of the time lights on
Rh sits a out 59-60 then No dehumidifier all this is ^

View attachment 1321460
That’s exactly what I done.threw in a finned heater and got the room to it’s temp quicker and exhaust fan cutting on more worked fantastic in winter.solved my rh and mold issues instantly.summer growing is a completely different animal though..I’d rather grow winter than summer any day..

AZsunfarmer

AZsunfarmer

Lactic acid bacillus. It creates and acidic environment and prevents the growth of pathogenic fungi. You can make it from rice or I’ve even done it with some yogurt. Probably better from rice.

Latest posts

Top Bottom