Humidity

• Thread starter Yurfutur1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Yurfutur1

Yurfutur1

I went and purchased a humidifier because I couldn't get the humidity below 59. Just one day of humidity control changed so much. I didn't realize just how important it was in the flowering stage.

20200311 060513
20200311 054131
20200311 054053
B

Burned Haze

a suggestion since I see your trying to lower your humidity and you just bought a dehumidifier . What’s your humidity and what’s your temps? I would always if you don’t have a device like pulse have a humidity + temps over the canopy and one or two+ so you can know the factors of the environment .

1. humidity + heat rise = have great airflow to guarantee that dehumidifier actually gets that ceiling air and not the bottom-mid range of the rooms air.

2.Leds like a higher temp + c02 environment 80-84f on canopy and following vpd graph with lots of airflow

3. I see you you are using those “c02 bag” versions but they are expensive (that’s the negativity by major vs propane or tank co2)and if you could invest in a controller and a tank that would solve that.

4. Do you know what VPD is? look at your temps and then your humidity humidity of the vpd graph. Do you what vpd is if you don’t already it will change your grow 180 cause plants won’t adapt to your graph lol, vpd is a essential and a lot of growers are blind to that and hurt their crops from it repeatly.

5. Best monitor tool I have ever used + only took me like a 5 minutes to install mine( so many require you to connect all the devices to together before they work or you need their app which makes the app work “ some times” ) so if you want something that changes your growing and being able to see your grow environment when your not there, this is the game changer .

Temperature
💧 Relative Humidity
☁ Vapor Pressure Deficit
💡 Light Intensity
🌱 Dew Point
📡 Connectivity Issues
⚡ Power Outages

Last edited by a moderator:
Yurfutur1

Yurfutur1

During my vegetative growth it was easy to control humidity with a humidifier I kept it at 60% for veg. But when I entered flower my system wanted to keep that same 60 which is too much for flower, I noticed that my pistils we're looking funny shaped and dry.
now I have actual Wi-Fi monitors that notify me of my temperature and the humidity. I also installed an ecobee smart thermostat with Alexa controls. Also have a Google home Mini, four wyze cameras, two sensors, one motion detector. So what I did was study the different automation systems they have for sale and I created my own automation system that does what they do but for less than half of the price of what they charge for their systems.
I placed my smart sensors for the thermostat inside of my tent . And programmed 78°. My wyze cameras provide security and 24/7 live feed into my grow room. The thermostat and hygrometer sensors would alert me through Wi-Fi if my humidity levels were lower than the 45% that I programmed into my system, the problem was that I wasn't always able to look at my phone to see what notification it was. But when I was notified that the humidity was low or too high I can turn on either my humidifier or my dehumidifier now. But I was waiting on his last piece that would automatically do it. I just received it in the mail earlier today. Basically just a Wi-Fi humidity controller that will automatically turn the humidifier on and keep it on until the selected percent is present. the way I was doing it before was causing too many heat issues by allowing the dehumidifier to stay on too long
Sometimes the air conditioner sensor with turn off if I'm not home and I would forget to check my phone to turn it back on. I do have CO2 but it's not really CO2 I'm using the bag. Don't want to really get involved with filling tanks nor burning gas, so this is a low way to supplement CO2 into my garden for me at the time. whether it's actually being received or not I don't know I did purchase a CO2 measuring kit from a hydroponic store a week ago haven't got around to using it yet so busy doing other things. I actually work in four of our major cities weekly drive to Dallas Houston Austin and San Antonio, so I'm not always home to do things that need to be done when they need to be done, so these systems help out exponentially.
I suppose I am very aware of Pulse. I even have the pulse app on my phone already. I was trying to see if I can incorporate it to control everything instead of jumping from one app to another app. because basically I can use Alexa for a certain things basic temperature and stuff like that and I use Google home for other things you know lights on, lights off, etc.
As for VPD I'm not really aware of what it actually is nor what it does. I do know that it is very important that I learn about it. Now I have briefed myself on it based on the things that pulse sends me about the device. But since you mention it I need to go ahead and study that tonight and tomorrow afternoon and make changes to add that into my system.. my end game right now. Is to construct a complete automation system that can be duplicated in at least four more different locations with larger grow areas. Because I think my success will be limited without the use automation. I'm very aware that the pulse system is something that I probably need, but before I spend the money on that system I will attempt to recreate it myself. If you have the system how has it benefited you?
As for right now I'm able to have access to everything that pulse does to a lesser degree. has except for two things that is the VPD and dewpoint, and that's because I don't understand either one yet. Since I ll studying those things separately I'll probably have a better understanding of the pulse system now when I get it because it'll be everything in one which would make it a lot easier. Depending on my studies these next few days I may go ahead and grab one this weekend.
If there's typographical errors image text please excuse me I do not like texting I'm old school. I prefer face-to-face, which is not safe these days. You never know the individual that you dealing with anymore. So I use talk to text which creates a lot of errors because the phone tends to think that it is more intelligent than you are and corrects you. . included are some of the photos of the smart devices I'm using to automate my system.
I agree with you on the tanks and or the gas for CO2 but I don't think it's possible on a small system on the bigger systems that that work with yes they going to be mandatory but for a core area less than 10 by 10 I don't think is very cost-efficient. Plus I don't run a sealed environment. But I know in the near future again it will be mandatory.
And as far as the Pulse. I appreciate you for bringing that back up, I do not believe in accidents things happened just the way they're meant to be and by you, out the blue, talking about Pulse, I recognize it as my sign to stop dragging my feet and go ahead and purchase the product it's not just my signed it go ahead and get it quit dragging my feet.

What did you mean that LEDs like higher temps? Are you talking about the plants that grow under LEDs?
Now I'm aware that when I use CO2 that I can't have a higher grow temp 80-84.
Thanks again for sharing information. I wish you success and wealth.

J

jessicajonny

During my vegetative growth it was easy to control humidity with a humidifier I kept it at 60% for veg. But when I entered flower my system wanted to keep that same 60 which is too much for flower, I noticed that my pistils we're looking funny shaped and dry.
now I have actual Wi-Fi monitors that notify me of my temperature and the humidity. I also installed an ecobee smart thermostat with Alexa controls. Also have a Google home Mini, four wyze cameras, two sensors, one motion detector. So what I did was study the different automation systems they have for sale and I created my own automation system that does what they do but for less than half of the price of what they charge for their systems.
I placed my smart sensors for the thermostat inside of my tent . And programmed 78°. My wyze cameras provide security and 24/7 live feed into my grow room. The thermostat and hygrometer sensors would alert me through Wi-Fi if my humidity levels were lower than the 45% that I programmed into my system, the problem was that I wasn't always able to look at my phone to see what notification it was. But when I was notified that the humidity was low or too high I can turn on either my humidifier or my dehumidifier now. But I was waiting on his last piece that would automatically do it. I just received it in the mail earlier today. Basically just a Wi-Fi humidity controller that will automatically turn the humidifier on and keep it on until the selected percent is present. the way I was doing it before was causing too many heat issues by allowing the dehumidifier to stay on too long
Sometimes the air conditioner sensor with turn off if I'm not home and I would forget to check my phone to turn it back on. I do have CO2 but it's not really CO2 I'm using the bag. Don't want to really get involved with filling tanks nor burning gas, so this is a low way to supplement CO2 into my garden for me at the time. whether it's actually being received or not I don't know I did purchase a CO2 measuring kit from a hydroponic store a week ago haven't got around to using it yet so busy doing other things. I actually work in four of our major cities weekly drive to Dallas Houston Austin and San Antonio, so I'm not always home to do things that need to be done when they need to be done, so these systems help out exponentially.
I suppose I am very aware of Pulse. I even have the pulse app on my phone already. I was trying to see if I can incorporate it to control everything instead of jumping from one app to another app. because basically I can use Alexa for a certain things basic temperature and stuff like that and I use Google home for other things you know lights on, lights off, etc.
As for VPD I'm not really aware of what it actually is nor what it does. I do know that it is very important that I learn about it. Now I have briefed myself on it based on the things that pulse sends me about the device. But since you mention it I need to go ahead and study that tonight and tomorrow afternoon and make changes to add that into my system.. my end game right now. Is to construct a complete automation system that can be duplicated in at least four more different locations with larger grow areas. Because I think my success will be limited without the use automation. I'm very aware that the pulse system is something that I probably need, but before I spend the money on that system I will attempt to recreate it myself. If you have the system how has it benefited you?
As for right now I'm able to have access to everything that pulse does to a lesser degree. has except for two things that is the VPD and dewpoint, and that's because I don't understand either one yet. Since I ll studying those things separately I'll probably have a better understanding of the pulse system now when I get it because it'll be everything in one which would make it a lot easier. Depending on my studies these next few days I may go ahead and grab one this weekend.
If there's typographical errors image text please excuse me I do not like texting I'm old school. I prefer face-to-face, which is not safe these days. You never know the individual that you dealing with anymore. So I use talk to text which creates a lot of errors because the phone tends to think that it is more intelligent than you are and corrects you. . included are some of the photos of the smart devices I'm using to automate my system.
I agree with you on the tanks and or the gas for CO2 but I don't think it's possible on a small system on the bigger systems that that work with yes they going to be mandatory but for a core area less than 10 by 10 I don't think is very cost-efficient. Plus I don't run a sealed environment. But I know in the near future again it will be mandatory.
And as far as the Pulse. I appreciate you for bringing that back up, I do not believe in accidents things happened just the way they're meant to be and by you, out the blue, talking about Pulse, I recognize it as my sign to stop dragging my feet and go ahead and purchase the product it's not just my signed it go ahead and get it quit dragging my feet.

What did you mean that LEDs like higher temps? Are you talking about the plants that grow under LEDs?
Since I see you recently purchased a dehumidifier, I have a suggestion. Can you tell me how humid it is and how hot it is? It is always a good idea to have a humidity + temperature over the canopy and one or two more so that you can determine the factors of the environment if you don't have a device such as pulse.

J

jessicajonny

i learned about ecobee smart sensor vs room sensor
My suggestion is in light of the fact that you recently purchased a dehumidifier. I would like to know how humid and how hot it is in the area. Can you tell me? It is always a good idea to have a humidity and temperature reading over the canopy and one or two more so that, if you do not have a device such as Pulse, you can determine the factors of the environment within it.

strainguy

strainguy

The most important thing is to keep inline with proper VPD levels. I have just installed Quest dehumidifier, very well working product!

IMG 5170

Top Bottom