Humidity

• Thread starter wizard122
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
wizard122

wizard122

Okay I asked this question before but never really got the answer I was looking for. I don't have $ to spend on crazy stuff. Just need a little help. I'm trying to get the humidity up in my grow tent. I have to use the carbon filter running to keep the temperature around 73-75 degrees. So it pulls all the humidity out of the air. Any thoughts or suggestions thanks 😊

Humidity
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Okay I asked this question before but never really got the answer I was looking for. I don't have $ to spend on crazy stuff. Just need a little help. I'm trying to get the humidity up in my grow tent. I have to use the carbon filter running to keep the temperature around 73-75 degrees. So it pulls all the humidity out of the air. Any thoughts or suggestions thanks 😊
maybe try opening some vents to lessen the suction of the humidity so quickly, but watch at lights out that NO light gets in at dark time.
also you don’t need a carbon filter during veg really,

wizard122

wizard122

maybe try opening some vents to lessen the suction of the humidity so quickly, but watch at lights out that NO light gets in at dark time.
also you don’t need a carbon filter during veg really,
I'm using it because it gets to hot in tent about 87 degrees

Happysmoke

Happysmoke

At one time I thought about this and was thinking of getting a towel, wrung out well and hang it over a plastic tub to catch drips. Not sure if it would work well enough depending on air flow. I never tried it though, I just bought a small humidifier but if have the tub it's free to try.

visajoe1

visajoe1

Scope this recent thread out. How big is the room your tent is in? What is ambient humidity?
Keep in mind, ambient will fluctuate with weather outside. The trick is to raise humidity in entire living space, with grow room even higher

NairnM16

NairnM16

Just run the hot tap
Fill up a bucket with hot water
Place a towel Ofer the bucket
Steams the room

If you just wet a towel nd leave it expect a bad smell

If you use bubbles or some thing in the water will retain heat longer

DO NOT WATER THE PLANTS WITH THIS

Another option is mist the walls ever now nd then

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I have been growing for many years and have found that humidity doesn't really seem to affect things as much as everyone is saying. I have grown year round and my huidity levels during the winter are often in the 10-15% range, while in the summer, it rarely reaches 40%. I don't notice any burning, browning, or other issues and the lower humidity helps prevent mold, bud rot, and Powdery Mildew. Indica plants are often better suited for dryer conditions, but sativa strains seem to handle it as well, although they seem to transpire a lot more water, IMO. Don't overstress yourself or over-mother your plants. If you see a problem developing, treat it but don't treat it before you know you have a problem until you get a little more experience under your belt.

wizard122

wizard122

At one time I thought about this and was thinking of getting a towel, wrung out well and hang it over a plastic tub to catch drips. Not sure if it would work well enough depending on air flow. I never tried it though, I just bought a small humidifier but if have the tub it's free to try.
What kind of humidifier did you get?

Happysmoke

Happysmoke

Kepp89

Kepp89

you need to purchase a speed controller for your exhaust fan. otherwise you'll never get humidity where you want it. even my 6-gallon humidifier cant get humidity up high enough if my exhaust runs at 100%. thats a very small space you've got and the exhaust will likely pull enough CFM to recycle that air far too quickly on full speed. utilize the bucket towel fan and clothespin method someone posted above. just make sure you realize that once the water dips below the towel, it wont be as effective. the towel needs to be IN the water so it absorbs the water for the fan to blow

Top Bottom