Humidity

• Thread starter Disco Duck
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Disco Duck

I have been using a swamp cooler in the room outside my tent to keep the humidity up over 45%. I thought I needed it here in CO. But several people have told me they don't use anything like that and just grow in our 15% humidity air. Is everyone else just growing in CO's natural dry climate and the plants come out OK?

It really is a pain pouring 3 gallons of water into this thing twice a day, and it's very loud. It would be great if I didn't actually need it.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Can't answer your questions, but I can give you a bump. Would there be any way to automate the water refill, say, using a float valve or similar?

D

Disco Duck

Probably with a much more expensive one, but the point is that everyone is telling me I am the only one worrying about humidity. Everyone else seems to be growing in CO's 10-15% humidity with no problems. Is that true?

Are the rest of you just ignoring humidity? Is anyone else using a swamp cooler or humidifier? Is there any reason at all for me to be trying to keep humidity at 45% +?

Ladyv

Ladyv

You use this and hook up to water source :D

Search Home Depot dot com:

DIAL 1/4 in. Evaporative Cooler Standard Float Valve

D

Disco Duck

Can anyone answer about the humidity? I assume there are CO growers here. Do you use anything to raise humidity? Or do you just grow in CO's natural humidity?

I know all about evaporative coolers, the question has nothing to do with swamp coolers or how to make them auto-feed. The question is, is anyone else bothering to do this? Do you need to raise the humidity or can you grow just fine in CO's 10-15% humidity.

WalterWhiteFire

WalterWhiteFire

In an intake/exhaust setup like yours, it doesn't play that huge of a role. I mean it's not gonna harm your plants. And depending on the strain it might not affect yeild. An afgan landrace would be right at home at 20%. But if you wanna get big juicy tasty yeilds off hybrids or sativa doms you gotta bring your rh up. 60% daytime rh for the win.

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

plants are def more sensitive in this dry air, but if you've got your room sealed up pretty well you can usually capture enough humidity from the plants/water in the room to keep it between 25-45.

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

Probably with a much more expensive one, but the point is that everyone is telling me I am the only one worrying about humidity. Everyone else seems to be growing in CO's 10-15% humidity with no problems. Is that true?

Are the rest of you just ignoring humidity? Is anyone else using a swamp cooler or humidifier? Is there any reason at all for me to be trying to keep humidity at 45% +?
look at a vpd chart this shows you optimal. if optimal cannabis is your thing then you may want to figure out a way to do that. I prefer 60-65% in veg and until week 4 of flower then backing down to 50% and maybe the last couple weeks 40%.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Yes I am raising humidity for veg and first half of flower. Peace and chicken grease!

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

look at a vpd chart this shows you optimal. if optimal cannabis is your thing then you may want to figure out a way to do that. I prefer 60-65% in veg and until week 4 of flower then backing down to 50% and maybe the last couple weeks 40%.
Ya vpd is cool.....i need to find that leaf surface laser thermometer....probly a special order, i like to get as low as i can on the final two weeks only improvement which im obsessed with is the complexity of oils with dry stress and i dont mind taking a hit in yield i get as low as 20% rh

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Nothing less than 50% in flower ever and as high as 65%-70% early on. My veg room hovers around 65%.. You loose probably 30-35% of your finished wieght due to low humidity, especially the first three weeks of flower..plants still grow with low humidity but they don't thrive and they seem to be more prone to pest and enviromental problems in the room.

When I first moved out here from the sweat pit of Texas with 90% humidity every day, the humidity was the biggest issue I had, swamp coolers work ok in basements but if your in open framed rooms or open spaces you have to pump in the humidity...I had a couple days out here where the outside rh was 6%rh, are you kiddin me...lol..had to lotion up just keep from lookin like Rango

I have foggers now and they kick ass...I can set to 100%rh and its like a rain forest if I want to, sweats the walls and fixtures though...not fun...

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Nothing less than 50% in flower ever and as high as 65%-70% early on. My veg room hovers around 65%.. You loose probably 30-35% of your finished wieght due to low humidity, especially the first three weeks of flower..plants still grow with low humidity but they don't thrive and they seem to be more prone to pest and enviromental problems in the room.

When I first moved out here from the sweat pit of Texas with 90% humidity every day, the humidity was the biggest issue I had, swamp coolers work ok in basements but if your in open framed rooms or open spaces you have to pump in the humidity...I had a couple days out here where the outside rh was 6%rh, are you kiddin me...lol..had to lotion up just keep from lookin like Rango

I have foggers now and they kick ass...I can set to 100%rh and its like a rain forest if I want to, sweats the walls and fixtures though...not fun...
What up texas kid... man i wish i got the same results with high humidity as you but i dont so i found the beauty in the yield hampering dry finishes but just towards very end i mean how much weight can you possibly lose with the two last weeks were plant is usually dying or naturally it would be plus i get all my bulk weeks three to six last two weeks you swell up regardless of humidity this may be a strand specific deal but i guess im agreeing and disagreeing but mainly bored but id rather discuss it than argue cuz im not a max yielder...anywhoo peace out and many positive vibes out your way tex i always appreciate your input
caveman

CINDARELLA99

CINDARELLA99

I've got an A/C that switches to evaporative air which from what I understand is kinda like a swamp cooler. I havent been growing very long(since december), but I do know that my first plants in veg didnt have any high humidity and I live here in AZ. I noticed with when I got the cooler my second set of clones grew alot better. My humidity was in the 50% range.
How are your plants looking?

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

My plants i grow from seed so the plants that cant handle the drought get culled quick but dont get me wrong i love humidity in Veg and Beg of FLower i dont drop the humidity drastically till the end maybe last two weeks or so depending on the level of nitrogen or green in fan leaves i like to get shades lighter evenly through big lower and outside fan leaves then gradually the shades of green lightens towards top and inner plant harvest right before flowers start lightening in shades of green ....those shades of green lighten up in cure then lock before the nitrogen or chlorophyll or green is to light cuz youll end up brown or yellow
just my two cents and humidity is important through out the whole process

G

gettogro

IMG 1808

I use ultrasonic humidifiers.. VPD is the way

Latest posts

Top Bottom