Humidity

• Thread starter Disco Duck
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Thats what my rroms look like sometimes....a little weather system...I've got ultrasonics as well and love them

ttystikk

ttystikk

I sealed my rooms well enough that I have to do shenanigans to get humidity down! I like to run as high as 70% in veg and early bloom, then step down steadily throughout the rest of the cycle.

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

Im about to be a part of the ultrasonic club soon. Dope pic getto

MsMileHigh

MsMileHigh

Are you guys who are using humidifiers and foggers running sealed rooms?I run a exhaust/intake room w/humidifier and I can't seem to get my room to acceptable rh levels.And if I do I can't maintain it.Also how do you guys handle the cold winters?What's the most efficient way to heat during winter,with a open,exhaust/intake room?I Dont want to waste my heating/moisture,exhausting it outside.Wish I could afford a sealed room.It would make things soooooooo much simpler.....:)

jammie

jammie

Ya vpd is cool.....i need to find that leaf surface laser thermometer....probly a special order, i like to get as low as i can on the final two weeks only improvement which im obsessed with is the complexity of oils with dry stress and i dont mind taking a hit in yield i get as low as 20% rh
you can get infrared thermo anywhere. i got mine at home depot for about $40

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Im not in a sealed room but those foggers don't care, they fog it out

T

TopRock

12 years indoor and have never worried about humidity in the OP, gets plenty wet when ya water.

i finished a run this past winter and the humidity was pegged as i didnt have enough circulation. the finished buds ended up blown out, they look like crap in the3 sack but smoke well. no real sure it was the humidity, but never seen this before, and never had so much humidity in the room when ya opened the door, massive fog would come rolin out.

this run see how they do, as have great circulation and venting now.

sixstring

sixstring

seems like that much fog in there would block enough lumens to negate any extra yields you might get from good humidity levels.how often do ya have to clean hoods and/or bulbs with those foggers?

ttystikk

ttystikk

To modulate humidity in a vented room, slow down your air turnover rate to increase humidity.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Correct me if I'm wrong Tex but a fogger is usually used from under upto and through Canopy...

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

I can't see a ton of fog going through a thick healthy canopy...

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Here is the one I have, it sits in the middle of the room

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Does fog stay low or does it fill up, pics would be g, but if you can't it's understandable

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
If you think about a bug bomb, thats about how fine the mist is, like 3-4 microns, it fills the room pretty good doesn't really settle at the bottom

ttystikk

ttystikk

Are you guys who are using humidifiers and foggers running sealed rooms?I run a exhaust/intake room w/humidifier and I can't seem to get my room to acceptable rh levels.And if I do I can't maintain it.Also how do you guys handle the cold winters?What's the most efficient way to heat during winter,with a open,exhaust/intake room?I Dont want to waste my heating/moisture,exhausting it outside.Wish I could afford a sealed room.It would make things soooooooo much simpler.....:)

Draw air from your home through sealed and vented hoods, and send hot air back into the house in the winter, outside in the summer. Place all fans for this circuit downstream of the light fixtures, or efficiency is drastically reduced.

Run a Swamp cooler at another air inlet to the room, preferably at floor level. Exhaust hot room air from near the ceiling- again, pull air from the room, don't push. To cut smell, push this exhaust air through a carbon filter. The Swamp cooler is the exception to the rule of 'sucking to cool' due to the moisture it brings. To make the room more humid, slow down the fan pulling hot air out. The additional humidity will take time to build, and as it does it will help soak up heat in the room. Don't let the Swamp cooler run dry!

And when you're ready to seal your room, get back in touch with me- I heated my home for free last winter with the waste heat from my room, and saved about half off the power bill compared to AC at the same time. Seriously.

MsMileHigh

MsMileHigh

Draw air from your home through sealed and vented hoods, and send hot air back into the house in the winter, outside in the summer. Place all fans for this circuit downstream of the light fixtures, or efficiency is drastically reduced.

Run a Swamp cooler at another air inlet to the room, preferably at floor level. Exhaust hot room air from near the ceiling- again, pull air from the room, don't push. To cut smell, push this exhaust air through a carbon filter. The Swamp cooler is the exception to the rule of 'sucking to cool' due to the moisture it brings. To make the room more humid, slow down the fan pulling hot air out. The additional humidity will take time to build, and as it does it will help soak up heat in the room. Don't let the Swamp cooler run dry!

And when you're ready to seal your room, get back in touch with me- I heated my home for free last winter with the waste heat from my room, and saved about half off the power bill compared to AC at the same time. Seriously.
Thanks for the tips!!!:)So your saying to pull air thru the hoods?? I thought it was always better to push air thru hoods so you wouldnt pull stinky air from the room into the circuit.Thanks again,and I will sure to get back in touch with you when Im ready to seal it up or have any other questions.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Thanks for the tips!!!:)So your saying to pull air thru the hoods?? I thought it was always better to push air thru hoods so you wouldnt pull stinky air from the room into the circuit.Thanks again,and I will sure to get back in touch with you when Im ready to seal it up or have any other questions.

You do risk some smell doing it the way I suggest- so run it thru a carbon filter, or run it outside since summer is nigh upon us, and/or seal up the ducting and reflectors as well as possible.

Here to help, ma'am!

Top Bottom