Humidity.

• Thread starter Tat2420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tat2420

Tat2420

Ok here's my deal.

My temp usually at 72...occasionally up to 79 on really warm days. 68 when lights are off.
RH...usually at 37% near the top of canopy.
Plant is 35 days old and these numbers have rarely fluctuated whatsoever
However, yesterday my humidity dropped to 21%, temps have stayed the same.

Anyway, my fix is to add a humidifier.
I'm thinking a cool mist ultrasonic on a timer that I will just watch for a few days til I dial it in.

What do y'all think? Or is there a better form I can utilize.
Thanks in Advance!!!

hiboy

hiboy

Ok here's my deal.

My temp usually at 72...occasionally up to 79 on really warm days. 68 when lights are off.
RH...usually at 37% near the top of canopy.
Plant is 35 days old and these numbers have rarely fluctuated whatsoever
However, yesterday my humidity dropped to 21%, temps have stayed the same.

Anyway, my fix is to add a humidifier.
I'm thinking a cool mist ultrasonic on a timer that I will just watch for a few days til I dial it in.

What do y'all think? Or is there a better form I can utilize.
Thanks in Advance!!!
You can purchase a controller to keep rh at right amount
Timer just turns off and on
Hb

Tat2420

Tat2420

True, a controller would set me up plug and play.
What type of humidifiers are y'all using.
I'm growing DWC.
Cool mist ultrasonic humidifier with plain RO water is what I'm thinking.

G

garylee

If your grow is smaller you can go with a humidifier from any walmart for about $30. If you don't mind the water you can go to a home depot and they sell several types of misters including one that you just fill a 5 gallon bucket with water and it does the rest.
If your grow gets bigger then you should think about a commercial humidifier because you can simply hook it up to the water and it's real easy, no constant filling of water. Your machine can even be made to turn off at the proper humidity on commercial units. Of course the drawback to commercial is that it comes with a $300 and up price tag.

FennarioMike

FennarioMike

This - you just float it in water and it starts pumping out fog - it's awesome. Put it in a 5 gallon bucket or a tote and maybe stick a fan over it. I made a tote and connected it to an RO and float valve so that it just stays full. I drilled a hole in the top and mounted a small electronics fan with speed control. I add a little peroxide to the water every couple of days too just to be sure that it's not propagating any mold or mildew. Pretty simple and very effective. I use one of these in a 10 x 11 room and it goes from 35% to 60% or more. I actually had to back off the fan because it was getting TOO high.

One thing they don't mention. The little discs die super easy and they don't tell you how to take care of them. If it isn't running - unplug it and pull the whole thing out of the water and just leave it dry. If your water level runs dry also, they will die. It comes with replacement discs and they're super easy to change and pretty cheap to replace. Now that I have figured out how not to kill them, they are lasting just fine.
https://www.amazon.com/Mist-Maker-K...8&qid=1492793993&sr=8-2&keywords=hydro+fogger

fatawa

fatawa

I just use vics vaporizors...in my veg rm(6×7×7) 2 of them get me to 60-70's lights on,99% lights off.there $15 ea

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

X2 on houseofhydro.com.

I've used their 3 disc, 9 and 12 disc systems. Absolutely perfect.

Tat2420

Tat2420

My solution was a cool mist humidifier on a low setting with a timer to run for 30 minutes every hour.
Humidity is now 55% lights on 87% lights off.
Temp at canopy is a steady 73 on 69 off

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Check out the VDP chart. 87% light off, crank those fans up. May get mold in a few days with those high rh

Top Bottom