hush's 400w 2x2 tent

• Thread starter hushsuh
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
hushsuh

hushsuh

Here is one of my current grows. It's a 2x2 tent that I stuffed a 400 watt light in. I've got five plants in here... 3 Stacked Kushes and 2 Lemon Skunks. I use the hempy method, and I have a semi-automated irrigation setup that feeds them.

G9ir2hb

Ixiczhy

I use a mini cool tube to keep the heat away from the plants:

Odgrbwe

This grow has been in progress for a while now, but here is what it looked like 3 weeks ago:

Icxz7ma

2 weeks ago:

Vayrj0e

1 week ago:

Boj1xed

hushsuh

hushsuh

Then, all the branches flopped over, so today I had to pull the plants out and stake everything up. Here is what it looks like now:

JQ1ACpj

8dF8gkv

E0hl3oY

This is day 38 of 12/12, and both strains take 9 weeks to finish.

Last edited:
Power OG

Power OG

looking good, nice set up, one suggestion you should look into building a scrog imo, you veg alil longer but your yield would be better cuz you would be increasing the amount of bud sites, wit alil training

hushsuh

hushsuh

I gave up scrogs a few years ago. They are too much work. You have to keep up on them every day. If you miss a few days, the plant gets stressed when you have to yank branches back under the screen, and sometimes they even snap, depending on the strain. But I agree that scrog inherently offers the best chances for a large yield.

In my scenario though, it's just not worth the effort. I have a large garden I tend to that supplies me with my primary medicine, and this one is all just extra meds. And also since I don't grow for profit, I have a full time job. So I just can't always tend to scrogs anymore like I did in my 20s.

Plus, I average about 8 ounces at a time out of this tent, so I don't need to worry too much about increasing my yield. This tent is mostly for supplementing, and also for trying out new strains.

Thanks guys. :)

hushsuh

hushsuh

I see no evidence of a calcium deficiency, so I'm guessing you are referring to the pale leaves of the Stacked Kush, suggesting that is a Mg deficiency. In which case, I have to say, I've been under the impression that it is just a standard nitrogen deficiency at the end of flowering. I might be wrong, and I appreciate your advice, so I'll keep a close eye on things, but I don't use Cal mag. I'm all chemical here, and I use tap water, and my local tap water is very hard, so adding Cal mag would be a bad thing. I could totally add some Epsom salt though, if needed. But I have to be honest, I think what I'm seeing is basic N deficiency. It is happening in the Stacked Kush before the Lemon Skunk, but the LS should start yellowing soon too. I might be wrong though, so can you help me to understand how this could be mag deficiency instead of nitrogen?

I'm ruling out Ca deficiency because there is no spotting anywhere that I can see, so I figure you were generalizing. Please correct me though if I'm wrong. I don't claim to know everything there is to know, and I know there are others with more knowledge than me.

Thanks for weighing in, I appreciate any help anyone can offer. I have to say though, the plants all look very healthy, and the only yellowing I see is on the oldest leaves, the fan leaves.

hushsuh

hushsuh

I just looked at the plants up close, and I do see how on the edges of the leaves there seems to be some rust-colored discoloration. Only on the edges though, like where the serrations are. Is that Ca deficiency? Now I'm wondering if I will need to grow these 2 strains separately from here on out. I was growing them together because they are both 9 week strains, but if Stacked Kush needs the addition of Cal mag I will have to grow it separately from Lemon Skunk which appears to have zero deficiencies whatsoever.

Green Bastard, thank you for pointing that out to me. I honestly didn't give it as close of a look as I should have. I just thought it was yellowing sooner then I was used to, and that it was a genetic trait for this strain. This is the first strain I've ever grown with the OG 18 genetics in it.

Like I said, I've never claimed to know everything, and I appreciate input.

Top Bottom