HVAC guys.....

• Thread starter LBH
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LBH

LBH

Seems like we have lots of excellent HVAC help on this board so I'm taking advantage of it,lol.

Below is my apt. 3rd floor, rental. Just had 40 amps added so juice isn't so much of an issue.

I run 2 closets. Looking for the best way to keep it all cool in the summer.

[YOUTUBE]noXAAVMiYJ0[/YOUTUBE]

S

Steve Z

not an HVAC expert but... couple more questions

1.do you have any access to the roof??? anywhere above you since your on the 3rd (and assuming top) floor

2. what are your temps like in the summer?

are you trying to keep everything confined into that room?

depending on heat in the summer and such, i'd just grab an ac unit and duct it into both rooms. they dont look that big, how much sq footage total?

dig your idea though "fuck that more light" lol im with ya.

LBH

LBH

I have access to the roof, but nothing easy and there are no flat spots on roof (in case u suggest putting an outdoor unit up there)

Temps in the summer will go to 95 in the closet with the 400's. Other closet is new, untested yet. With the micky mouse cooling I've been doing with the window unit, it goes down to 83-87 ( 400's closet) but the apt suffers and is also about 80 degrees, can't cool the whole apt w/ 1/2 that unit.

Need to keep everything in this room, it's all I've got,lol. I already threw out most of my older clothes to make more room,lol,...got rid of all the old food too because closet #2 used to be the veg closet, now I veg in my kitchen cabinets,lmao.

Does someone live here or is this just a garden? lmao. Nope, I'm here,...down to 3 uniforms, 3 pairs of jeans a few shirts and a a jacket,lol. Cereal anyone? :)

edit- closets are 8L x 4D x 4-7H (angled, roof)

MY solution is to put a stand up a/c in the closet with 2 screens (can sit between them) and to put in a window unit in right window and duct it into closet #2 which has a light mover over 2 screens and no room inside for an a/c like the other closet, and then the other window unit in the other window, to cool the apt.

This way, I'll have no clothes, no food and no view, but the weed will still be growing like a champ

was hoping there would be a better, neater way. I hate having duct hoses run from my windows to my closets

J

Jalisco Kid

You need to vent the heat you are collecting. So either you have a large vent in your kitchen or you need to use a window. I noticed back east they all have wallbangers hanging out their windows. Instead of framing in a bracket for that why not put a condenser unit outside for a split zone inverter unit. I got a good deal on my LG unit from some guy in RI. JK

the rrock

the rrock

its tough growing in apts,especially on third floor, the split units would work best but where would you set outdoor condenser being three floors up. Does your owner know whats going on. If it were me I would get the portable ac on wheels, but there a pain as you have to drain condensate bucket frequently.
I think I would move somewhere more suitable if serious about growing if your situation allows it

J

JohnnyGrowSeeds

its tough growing in apts,especially on third floor, the split units would work best but where would you set outdoor condenser being three floors up. Does your owner know whats going on. If it were me I would get the portable ac on wheels, but there a pain as you have to drain condensate bucket frequently.
I think I would move somewhere more suitable if serious about growing if your situation allows it

Dont they have pumps that help with that. Cant you run a drain line into a bucket, then have a pump, pump out of the bucket down a drain??

Latest posts

Top Bottom