hybrid lighting grow journal

• Thread starter hempmerican
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
KiLoEleMeNt

KiLoEleMeNt

Those look nice but can I ask you a favor can we get some pictures without the LED or HPS jus a nice blue cfl at lights on or something I want to see her true colours

hempmerican

hempmerican

lights on these pics are with the hps off as per request :) I still had to use the LED's but I can tune the spectrum to something similar to daylight, here we go.

Some fan leaves are starting to yellow and trichomes are cloudy fairly equally. The black is a little ahead of the rest with some amber hues hinting. One of the blacks seemed to be where the mites had set up residence so I decided to pull her out early...not fully black but a shade of grey no doubt. I'm flushing her and have her in quarantine now. I stripped her of her fan leaves that where mighty mitey and gave her a good bath in generic nuke-em.

Lemon w6
Black w6
Durban w6
Lemon close w6
KiLoEleMeNt

KiLoEleMeNt

Oh wow bro that Durban looks way nice I have just put a monster 4ft Durban in my room I have yet to grow this properly indoors just tiny clone to flowers after seeing this I can not wait to have to tie that beast up. I wanted to ask you also where the hell does black come from, Who made it, What's the cross/'s

hempmerican

hempmerican

actually if you feed it some silica she is quite able to support her weight. She's the only landrace sativa I have lot's of experience with. It seems nature did a fine job in the flower placement and structure to support her chunky blooms.

hempmerican

hempmerican

I found that my room was being occupied by a young snake when I came in to water today. she really likes hanging out in the milk crate, watching me work. a good omen.

20140623 194232
FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

That looks like a pucker moment.... what a sight

By the way, Looks like someone dumped a whole bag of sugar on your girls.
"Clean-up aisle Dank".

KiLoEleMeNt

KiLoEleMeNt

I had a lil brown racer like that move into my garden once before without me finding it fir a while one day I noticed one of my rdwc buckets was looking bad half dead with closer inspection the snake had somehow gotton into the bucket and down into the flo line in which it was stuck. So it had stoped the water flow I never would have guessed that it would do that

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

your grow really looks dialed in and the way you cover the light spectrum seems to be spot on.
IMHO from UV to LIR our sun lays a wide spread so why not see what works best for our-self. big Ups for going for it......
cant wait my self to getter going again I am ready going to use something the same only smaller. with 600 HPS and two
Diamond Series LED I found used off CL...
Keep it green
FlyJ

hempmerican

hempmerican

your grow really looks dialed in and the way you cover the light spectrum seems to be spot on.
IMHO from UV to LIR our sun lays a wide spread so why not see what works best for our-self. big Ups for going for it......
cant wait my self to getter going again I am ready going to use something the same only smaller. with 600 HPS and two
Diamond Series LED I found used off CL...
Keep it green
FlyJ
I've had my nose into electronic technology for decades. I'm an alternative energy enthusiast/Teslahead. Building the hybrid lighting system and pure led grow room was a dream/plan for years. When I was finally in the position to buy some LED's I researched and found the factory that manufactures Blackdogs lights and purchased the Noah 6's directly from the factory.

I'm still working with the manufacturer on fine tuning my lights. One suggestion I am making is that there could be independent power inputs for red and blue spectrum. This way you could set a timer to run the red 12/12 and let the blue run 24. I had planned to use my blue lights to increase yield but I discovered there were some bulbs in the blue board that were not pure blue. They are rebuilding boards for all 3 lights free of charge to my specifications. They really are easy to work with and when I buy my lights, they arrive 3 days after I pay.

When I first set them up I ran a pure LED grow but unfortunately had to harvest prematurely. The yield was low but the quality was amazing. Very potent, fragrant and flavorful. The aroma seemed to be better and I attribute that to the lowered canopy temperature throughout the grow combined with a wider spectrum of usable light for the ladies.

Yep, this is a dream room...manifested through diligent planning, mindmapping...and preaching my dreams to the masses(that would listen). Thanks so much for honoring it with your presents!(comments) ;)

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

Ok seeing how you started talking LED I hope this is ok.
have watched Cree and bridgulux move to the front of the LED home lighting and horticulture market, IMO
I myself even went as far as to get a few bare 10w Cree just to play with..... bit O nerd in me. I understand that bin U2 or bin T2, T3, graded LED's are where the basic begin and where the 1st price changes the most and where you will find the highend builders or the U-bay junk. A Cree LED XM-L2 White 6500K is $9.55 each and that is just the LED The plastic lens that are curently used are more than the light itself but here is the problem (so What) no one is compromising the LED when quality maters so why shouldn't a custom focal lens be made....
With some optical back ground in the military, IMHO, It would make sense to use parabolic borosilicate, main lenses to pin point the LED.... Then flat, concave, or convex crystal to focus the LED more accuracy and less lose of the targeted spectrum maybe even cut quarts for the super high end. I found the LED lighting fascinating so I did a little looking I am no expert and will not claim to be I just see its cool
This is where IMO I see the next big change with penetration and adjustable beam lighting. Much smaller units that are for the high end market of grower
I see where most companies that are building the grow light unit have the upper hand w LED quality my thought are on the focusing of that light.
LOL and all it takes is a little cash...

no seriously I believe controlling the lens of a full spectrum LED unit may make a dialed in system limitless.
Just thinking out loud
much respect
flyJ

hempmerican

hempmerican

Dropping the temp in my room now as I am in the final days of flowering. All strains have pistils that are beginning to turn red, most are on the Durban and Omega Dawg. All are frosting up nicely and I've decided to run only LED's for the last bit of ripening.

I've discontinued my CO2 and am flushing and feeding lightly with some microbe tea and sweetener. (I'm testing the FF microbe + bembe) For convenience I stopped brewing teas. (Originally I had planned to run homebrewed tea but my work schedule changed. I did my best to follow my regimen of adding beneficial microbes throughout the entire cycle by adding these supplements.)

Ww lav w7
Lemon w7
Black w7
FLAgrown

FLAgrown

Awesome grow! Sorry I got here so late. Btw love your flower room. Keep those girls healthy :), cant wait....subscribed

hempmerican

hempmerican

The harvest began on my birthday and is in progress I really didn't dial in my harvest so perfectly that I ended up harvesting on my birthday...but that's how she goes.

I'm hanging the whole plants mostly. I'm conducting some comparisons and wet trimming a portion as well. I prefer whole plant and dry trimming because I appreciate the strong flavor and aromatics that are preserved by slow drying and curing.

Message 1404366097042
Last edited:
BeenBurned

BeenBurned

Great thread
Awesome setup, late but subbed! Full spectrum hybrid is where it's at!!
My next run I will be dropping my old 1000 w SV. Vert between two ds650s. This thread gives me hope.

Ok seeing how you started talking LED I hope this is ok.
have watched Cree and bridgulux move to the front of the LED home lighting and horticulture market, IMO
I myself even went as far as to get a few bare 10w Cree just to play with..... bit O nerd in me. I understand that bin U2 or bin T2, T3, graded LED's are where the basic begin and where the 1st price changes the most and where you will find the highend builders or the U-bay junk. A Cree LED XM-L2 White 6500K is $9.55 each and that is just the LED The plastic lens that are curently used are more than the light itself but here is the problem (so What) no one is compromising the LED when quality maters so why shouldn't a custom focal lens be made....
With some optical back ground in the military, IMHO, It would make sense to use parabolic borosilicate, main lenses to pin point the LED.... Then flat, concave, or convex crystal to focus the LED more accuracy and less lose of the targeted spectrum maybe even cut quarts for the super high end. I found the LED lighting fascinating so I did a little looking I am no expert and will not claim to be I just see its cool
This is where IMO I see the next big change with penetration and adjustable beam lighting. Much smaller units that are for the high end market of grower
I see where most companies that are building the grow light unit have the upper hand w LED quality my thought are on the focusing of that light.
LOL and all it takes is a little cash...

no seriously I believe controlling the lens of a full spectrum LED unit may make a dialed in system limitless.
Just thinking out loud
much respect
flyJ

You nailed it FJ. optics, fresnel lensing, etc...
Exactly what Advanced is doing with their Diamond series, yes?

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

Yes when I saw this setup and the way he ran down some very high end plants you can really start to see the change in LED light systems.

@Hemp hows your bud is it rocking?

I am doing a set of quarts lenses in my homemade system I figure I will ether burn up my test plant or hit a good idea. but a led thread is where it will be started didn't jack the Hemp mans grow log..... much respect

I will be posting it late October dec.
FlyJ

Latest posts

Top Bottom