Hybrid Lighting (L.E.D & H.I.D)

• Thread starter Casey Jones
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

Casey Jones

I plan on running a 2 tent operation,..of course one for flowering and one for veg/clones/mother,..My flowering tent will be 4'x4'x84" and my veg tent will be 4'x8'x84" (or should I switch them?) I want to flower with a 1000w HPS,...I've done some research(btw, this is not my first grow, but might as well be, it's been a while and I'm putting all this together little by little) and have came to the conclusion that I can get the best results in potency and yield with LED and HPS combined and would use a fraction of the energy. I can't afford all LED lighting anyways, and really didn't want to venture into some new lighting, but this might work out and I was wondering if anyone here does this and what kynd of results you get,..also my main question is what amount of LED or which LED lights I should get along with what size HPS light ?? Thank you so much in advance and I apologize if I'm not clear on what I'm trying to do, I would be more then happy to answer any questions

619ster

619ster

I use a 1000w HPS with 2 x 300w LEDs for a total of 1600w of hybrid lighting. It definitely makes for more potent and stickier buds when I compare to my other buds grown under a lone 400w in another setup. Area 51 makes nice LEDs IMO, as well as California Lightworks, and CAP Xtreme LEDs are good as well. There's better options too, but way expensive, and low wattage (but they actually have the capability to produce 400w results with only ~70w, look into Eclipse LEDs). I've seen other quality LEDs as well but still to expensive, so for now it's best to stick with current technology reather than the future type technology (it's worth it though if that's REALLY what you're in to, but LOTS of research required so you don't get duped). I would personally flower in the larger tent. If more veg space is needed you can always build a small nursery cabinet or something. Anyway, nice plan on hybrid lighting. But don't go into this with the assumption that LEDs do not create heat. Your environment WILL get hotter with LEDs if not ventilated properly, but it's not radiant heat from the lamps, it's more of operational heat which makes the ambient heat rise. No biggie though. I've had 100+ degree temps with no problems occur (not the case in other setups with only HID).
Iphone 009
Iphone 001

C

Casey Jones

that is awesome,...I agree with the bigger tent for flowering, I want to run a 400w HPS and some L.E.D but I didnt know how many would be enough to equal what a 1000w HPS would do, or better of course,..I like your operation very much,...thank you for posting

Top Bottom