Hybrid Organic\Synthetic Grow Concept.

• Thread starter cancerleo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

cancerleo

Recently I've been reading up about how to do completely organic hydroponics, and the issue was always that the organic molecules would invariably clog aero or drippers, I personally use ebb and flow, but drippers are preferred for establishing. Then I came across a line of nutes out of GH Europe called Biosevia, the creator of this line uses a biofilter for beneficial microbes/myco proliferation, he also solved the above issue by taking organic sources and refining those elements into a colloidal solution. The EM (Effective Microrganisms) go to work on those elements and thus your organic hydro can provide a full profile of elements.

It then occured to me that the issue with this route is that there is still a limit in organic hydro based on your EM population to phosphorus uptake, which plants are horrible at and hence the EM symbiosis in the first place. Chemical as people call them (refined elements, synthesized or otherwise) do not have this issue at all as we all know the commercially available PK boosters are all nothing more than nearly the same form of phosphorous, already in a available form (organic guys, think pre-chewing your plants food just like a bird would in nature).

The problem being that "chemical" ferts starve the EM, this is why molasses is pretty useless in hydro, as the EM without a media to survive on will likely die. So what if you were to run, a mix of lines and formulas, mixed in light balances as to directly feed both the plant, and the EM, trying to target nether singular target but the synergy.

As far as I am aware, this has never been attempted, nor have yields of this philosophy as far as I am aware, if anyone is please correct me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom