Hydra farm 2 gallon bucket pros and cons

• Thread starter mastiff
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mastiff

mastiff

So much reading gets you crazy at times . I do have a hydra farm from gh . I a pondering if it is enough for roots .i read that rots overwhelming th system and also circulation of water can be effected. Can the community please give me everything you got please. All tricks and everything yeah . I am really doing homework on this to be successful in this endeavor. Thank you so very much

AKgrow

AKgrow

My two cents? Don't overthink it, it's just a plant. You will drive yourself crazy with all the crap out there trying to sell you crap for more crap to do crap. Just keep it simple at first and focus on growing the plant.

SmanMo

SmanMo

My thoughts are simple. I went with a 2.5gl-3gal bucket for my 1st hydro grow with nothing more than a good led light and an air pump with bubble bar/stone. Things went great. The root ball was massive is sat right over the bubble bar. She got huge and made lots of sticky sweet buds. During flower she was drinking about 3/4gal a day she was thristy. Just keep an eye on temp and ph.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

So much reading gets you crazy at times . I do have a hydra farm from gh . I a pondering if it is enough for roots .i read that rots overwhelming th system and also circulation of water can be effected. Can the community please give me everything you got please. All tricks and everything yeah . I am really doing homework on this to be successful in this endeavor. Thank you so very much

I have one, although it's not currently in use. My biggest complaint is the tubing kinks too easily. Also, the pumps are weak and barely up to the task. PVC and some fittings along with stronger pumps will easily fix that problem for an extra expense.

But that's just my point. The systems are not cheap to buy but the materials are relatively cheap to source. (Meaning over-priced to begin with) One would think that GH could easily build a better system without changing the price-point. My suggestion to those considering a bucket system would be to buy the controller and possibly the 55 gallon reservoir and build the rest ... or just build it all from the ground up at a fraction of the cost. Every part of this system is easily found on the internet/local hydro store.

mastiff

mastiff

Considering the reservoir seeing they drink like crazy , I will up my pumps . After holidays can't wait

Latest posts

Top Bottom